SF Most Complete Team in Playoffs

mldardy

Reaction score
SF was decimated by injuries early in the year and had to battle to get into the playoffs in a tough division and are playing and peaking at the right time, they're a scary team for Dallas to play, they match up well against the Cowboys

Dallas record against other playoff teams this year
3-4

one win against the Patriots in OT, two wins against the Eagles, first game they were decimated by injuries, second game, they rested 20 players, I get it, you can only play who's in front of you but

four losses to playoff teams TB, KC, LA raiders, Cardinals and the other loss to Denver that dominated the Cowboys at home...(three home losses)

Now you can look at the total win/loss record, but I choose to look inside the win/loss record and where those win/loses came during the season and against who....

Perspective? The Cowboys will have their work cut out for them on Sunday...... and if there's one upset this weekend and there's usually one surprise, my money would be on SF for that upset to beat Dallas because of how the Cowboys played in games against other playoff contenders during the year.

My issues with Dallas, they don't run the ball consistently enough on offense, defensive line is prone to being gashed in the run game, see the loses to playoff teams during the season for that and the defense allows too many big plays down the field.... Dallas takes too many penalties and I don't trust peg leg Greg which I think this game will come down to a late field goal

Dallas needs to cut down on the penalties, limit the running game and protect Dak to win this game......
Every team had to battle through injuries/COVID during the season. Give me a break with this stuff. I'm also tired of the 'such and such team had a whatever record against playoff teams' WHO CARES. This means absolutely nothing right now. You know how many playoff teams the Bucs beat last year in the regular season? ONE. Beating good teams during the regular doesn't mean you are going to be great in the playoffs. The bottom line is we won 12 games and handled our business.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Our defense is mediocre. They rely on big plays. When we don't get those, we fail. This is a risky way to live. And against playoff caliber teams, this defense never shows up. They feast off the junk we have in the East. I do not expect this defense to do a lot in the playoffs. It's going to come down to our offense forcing the issue.

Isn’t the defense near the top in DVOA?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
All this analysis goes too far. As Bill Parcells used to say, you are what your record is.

And San Francisco is a 10-7 football team. Which is to say they're good, but to call them the most complete team out of the 14 in the playoffs? Hardly.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is the best matchup in the entire playoffs. I’ve said it from the beginning. We beat the 49ers will win the whole damn thing

DFWJC

Reaction score
Every team had to battle through injuries/COVID during the season. Give me a break with this stuff. I'm also tired of the 'such and such team had a whatever record against playoff teams' WHO CARES. This means absolutely nothing right now. You know how many playoff teams the Bucs beat last year in the regular season? ONE. Beating good teams during the regular doesn't mean you are going to be great in the playoffs. The bottom line is we won 12 games and handled our business.
They won 7 of their last 9, so maybe just care about that as it says or than anything.

Still think Dallas pulls it out though
:flagwave:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They won 7 of their last 9, so maybe just care about that as it says or than anything.

Still think Dallas pulls it out though
:flagwave:
I’m expecting this to be a physical Smash Mouth football game. Prescott have to find a way to find time. They’re only going to rush for maybe blitz the fifth. Do we prove our running game or do we just play it like we always do. This is going to be a real interesting game for me. I think this is the best match up in the entire playoffs. We win this I totally believe we can win the whole thing

DFWJC

Reaction score
They have us with the number one offensive line. That’s funny right from the beginning. They have us number seven for receivers. This whole damn thing is ridiculous
Yeah...Dallas and the Bengals probably have the best remaining WR groups....especially now that TB lost 2 of their top 3

Our oline IS one of the better ones...but I highly doubt they are the best.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Have at it, boys.

I can’t even get my head around what these values are based on? SF #2 passing offense? :laugh:

The ESPN stats show them as #12 and Dallas #2, right behind Tampa. Not even going to waste my time trying to understand this garbage made up by some idiot Niner fan.

DFWJC

Reaction score
This is the best matchup in the entire playoffs. I’ve said it from the beginning. We beat the 49ers will win the whole damn thing
:omg:

1st round, I really like that Cards/Rams matchup too. Not quite as fun though, given its interdivsion.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
We have the best oline?

Credibly.

PFF position rank for the season
Biadasz - 19
Williams - 11
Collins - 9
Smith - 2
Martin - 1

And both Biadasz and Collins only got better as the year went on, so that the rankings for their play *now* should be higher.

The oline is the reason to be hopeful about the playoffs. Biggest players on the field, and come the playoffs, they start playing full out.

Lots to be hopeful about the defense too.

Parsons - 1
Dlaw - 3 (really?)
Gregory - 19
Kearse - 14
LVE - 29, and that's much improved play lately. Surely much higher for last 4 games
Hooker - 35 basically an average S, but also on the upswing
Basham, Armstrong - 65, 54 - borderline starters as our edge rotation

But the DTs? Ugh.