SFY: EJ Manuel:Chances Cowboys pull off the upset?

TheFinisher

Reaction score
That's the thing that blows my mind, to be honest. When I saw this off-season that they had aquired Suh, Peters, and Talib to go along with Donald and Brockers, my first thought was how in the hell does this even happen. the rich get richer and even MORE dangerous. Add to that the fact that Wade Phillips is running the defensive show and I imagined a team that couldn't be beat on either side of the ball. Now, don't get me wrong 13-3 is no slouch of a record but if you would have told me the defense would rank and play as poorly as they have, I would have laughed in your face. Crazy league sometimes.

It’s because they sacrifice disciplined gap football for the sake of penetration up the field. That’s always been the case with Wade Phillips.

Don’t get me wrong, Donald is a freak athlete and can penetrate into the backfield like few others, but when you play that way as an undersized DT you can become a liability for your team in the running game. Which has been the case this year

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
It’s because they sacrifice disciplined gap football for the sake of penetration up the field. That’s always been the case with Wade Phillips.

Don’t get me wrong, Donald is a freak athlete and can penetrate into the backfield like few others, but when you play that way as an undersized DT you can become a liability for your team in the running game. Which has been the case this year
Aaron Donald and Dak are like the same size. He won’t bring him down very easily

skinsscalper

Reaction score
My point is the sack numbers are inflated because he flies upfield every snap, and the team’s run defense has been atrocious as a consequence of that.

We’ll see how historically dominant he is when he has to play a team that’s going to ram the ball down his throat Saturday night.

His JOB is to fly upfield. It's why they signed Suh to clog up the middle while Donald did his thing. One guy is holding his end of the bargain. The other, not so much.

I like your spirit, homeboy. The only thing that worries me is Dak holding the ball too long. Donald will eat his lunch more that once of that's the case.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Here you go genius!!! https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/galle...ite-john-randle-bruce-smith-joe-greene-033015

Sometimes people forget about past players and gets jaded with today's player and forget all of the previous hall of famers that played the position and how dominant they were, most of these players have stats that Donald will never touch.
Neat Mr. Wizard. Any of them come up with 20.5 sacks from the DT position in one season? No? Weird. Next time make better use of your google time and type in JJ Watt. He's the only one that's been close (actually matched). 59.5 sacks in 5 years from the DT position. Continue with your google search.......

xtreme_2k

Reaction score
Neat Mr. Wizard. Any of them come up with 20.5 sacks from the DT position in one season? No? Weird. Next time make better use of your google time and type in JJ Watt. He's the only one that's been close (actually matched). 59.5 sacks in 5 years from the DT position. Continue with your google search.......

Hey genius, if you're only counting sacks as the only stat, then state that, you said stats, idiot! There's more than just sacks in terms of stats, anyone of those peeps on the list has better numbers in terms of tackles, assist, tackles for loss.

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
We are the best and most balanced team in the NFL. We are the better team no question. We are built for the road. We will win this game.

davidariust24

Reaction score
This is an uphill battle. Their offense is beastly. They have waay more TDs than us. They have two 1200 yard receivers. Cooper Kupp isnt playing but the ones they have after him can be very good support receivers. Their run game is just as good maybe better than ours especially in the red zone. If we took away the run they could pass all day and be successful. I so feel if our defense comes hungry prepared and focused, they can slow these guys down. We need to hold these guys to the 20s. Suh is a great help to their pass rush he does alot of their dirty work. He will grab, push, and whatever else he can do to free guys like Donald to get a sack. Their corners can get on a roll if we let them. This will be a huge battle. Their coach is what makes them so good

mldardy

Reaction score
Name a DT in the HISTORY of this league that has put up the numbers that Donald put up this year. I'll wait. That's peerless.
John Randle, Warren Sapp, Randy White, Bob Lilly, Mean Joe Greene, Merlin Olsen, Cortez Kennedy to name a few . You didn't have to wait very long. PEERED

This guy has one outstanding season and all of a sudden he's the greatest DT of all time.

giphy.gif

skinsscalper

Reaction score
John Randle, Warren Sapp, Randy White, Bob Lilly, Mean Joe Greene, Merlin Olsen, Cortez Kennedy to name a few . You didn't have to wait very long. PEERED

This guy has one outstanding season and all of a sudden he's the greatest DT of all time.

giphy.gif
It took you three hours to come up with that? No I didn't have to wait long at all.

Go ahead and compare all those players' first five years worth of stats to Donald's and then wallow (I'll assume for another three hours) in how weak your attempt was.

IceBowler

Reaction score
There are RBs in the league with similar numbers to Zeke. Not a DT in the league that has numbers even close to Donald. That's not gospel. That's fact. Talk about moronic? You've got that street paved.

Personally, I'd prefer my DT to have 12 sacks instead of 20 and have a Yards per Rush number at 2.5 than 5.1.

IceBowler

Reaction score
This will come down simply to who wants it more, and execution. I believe Dallas is the much more physical team and they've proven themselves in dirty, brawling type games. LA has not. Y'all give much too much importance to scheme and stats and mountains of other crap that will go out the window as soon as someone get punched in the mouth. What concerns me more than anything LA is going to do are two things:

1. Our depth at WR is very thin and we have a couple playing hurt
2. Which Dallas team will get of the bus Saturday night? The one who whipped NO and Seattle or the one who laid down for Indy?

visionary

Reaction score
If we are down 7 or less at the end of the first half, we can win. If down by more, goodnight

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
David Irving is a better DT than Aaron Donald, when David Irving decides to show up to play.

Can't wait to see Zack Martin push the undersized Aaron Donald around like a little witch! :laugh:

TheFinisher

Reaction score
His JOB is to fly upfield. It's why they signed Suh to clog up the middle while Donald did his thing. One guy is holding his end of the bargain. The other, not so much.

I like your spirit, homeboy. The only thing that worries me is Dak holding the ball too long. Donald will eat his lunch more that once of that's the case.

Eat or get ate

blueblood70

Reaction score
It’s not an upset. Cowboys are literally better at every single position.

I expect cowboys to win by at least 14 and DOMINATE.
literally? not at Aaron Donald, not at Cb, tie at RB , QB is debatable..dont be fan boy they are good for a reason..