Shabazz is in the house

shabazz

Reaction score
Greeting fellow Cowboys fans. Unashamed rose colored glasses wearing Cowboys fan since 75. In terms of football knowledge I promise to bring little to no value to any in depth football conversation

A little info on myself; born in dirty Jersey where I had to suffer Giants,Eagles, and Jets fans through my formative years. I'm a Capricorn and enjoy long walks on the beach. I'm also an amateur photographer of large animals. When I say photographer I mean I copy and paste them from Google because my flip phone takes bad pictures. I can often be found antiquing on weekends in my VW Bug with GPCowpolk, Couchcoach and Runwildboys

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Greeting fellow Cowboys fans. Unashamed rose colored glasses wearing Cowboys fan since 75. In terms of football knowledge I promise to bring little to no value to any in depth football conversation

A little info on myself; born in dirty Jersey where I had to suffer Giants,Eagles, and Jets fans through my formative years. I'm a Capricorn and enjoy long walks on the beach. I'm also an amateur photographer of large animals. When I say photographer I mean I copy and paste them from Google because my flip phone takes bad pictures. I can often be found antiquing on weekends in my VW Bug with GPCowpolk, Couchcoach and Runwildboys
You did not mention our mass consumption of bacon

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Hey shabby, good to see you made it over. I was telling DeathMonkey that my sarcasticometer has been humming just looking around and while it's early, might even have a higher rating than the DCF. Need to get Runny over here too.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giraffe_directory.jpg

shabazz

Reaction score

If you can just get one more giraffe on her back telling her a secret your mission will be complete .

Or 2, I feel like we're in a judgment free zone here. No grounds for a hate crime being committed also as no means no even in the animal kingdom

shabazz

Reaction score
Hey shabby, good to see you made it over. I was telling DeathMonkey that my sarcasticometer has been humming just looking around and while it's early, might even have a higher rating than the DCF. Need to get Runny over here too.

No doubt, Runny, Emmitstaubach and ya'll kept me posting there longer than I wanted to. Of course I'm happy to be here but as Groucho said,"I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member" JK

The funniest thing I saw here was Sarek already attacking you, LOL. Great stuff

Have you found the sarcasm emoticon yet?

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No doubt, Runny, Emmitstaubach and ya'll kept me posting there longer than I wanted to. Of course I'm happy to be here but as Groucho said,"I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member" JK

He's mad at me and got his own welcome thread locked? For some reason, on the old forum, he thought I was the leader of the Romolovers and I never understood why. But I really do like posting with him because he's fun. He reminds me of one of my drinking buds from college that always wanted to start a fight. Man, he can get mad.

We'll need to get es, Runny and Don over but we'll need to let Don know they mean it when they say this is family friendly. Plus they don't allow gifs in sigs but his original artwork would be appreciated.

nobody

Reaction score

I'm working on him.

nobody

Reaction score

Welcome, Shabazz!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

No, I'll use it as a sig, if I find it. And still LMAO over the giraffe line.

shabazz

Reaction score
Welcome, Shabazz!

Great to see you here too DeathMonkey! Runwild would be a great asset to the board so good luck in that endeavor.

Also I never took the time to extend my sympathy to you on Harambe's passing.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait, are we pro-Harambe here, or pro bullet?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

For the record, he wasn't attacking me but responding to my post when I misunderstood his post. It was a mixup and he's not a bad actor at all. He got benched for the licking backside part of it. On the old forum, that would get him likes.

And idgit sent me a "warning" in a post in my welcome thread that I am taking seriously. I am trying to be good but it's soooooo hard.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For the record, he wasn't attacking me but responding to my post when I misunderstood his post. It was a mixup and he's not a bad actor at all. He got benched for the licking backside part of it. On the old forum, that would get him likes.

And idgit sent me a "warning" in a post in my welcome thread that I am taking seriously. I am trying to be good but it's soooooo hard.

A fair amount of innuendo goes on as long as it's in good fun. I didn't ding Sarek, but reading the exchange it did seem like he had carried over a beef from the other board. It was probably the confrontation more than the "Lick my backside" that got him. "Lick my backside" skirts just over the line here, but "eats all the spotted dick he can get his hands on" flies, if that gives you a sense of boundaries.

I didn't mean to scare anybody with the friendly warning. You guys came over in a group, and I thought there was a good chance you'd start sharing content pretty quickly since you all know each other. Beefs from other boards sometimes tend to get carried over, and it's hard for moderators to know what's good natured and what's mean spirited sometimes. Then backsides are licked, somebody eats some suet pudding and somebody else gets butt-hurt and we're off to the races with a discussion about board over moderation.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BTW, if you're not aware of it there's going to be a game chat tonight. Accessible from the menu on the page header. Those tend to be more lax then the threads, though the same rules still technically apply.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A fair amount of innuendo goes on as long as it's in good fun. I didn't ding Sarek, but reading the exchange it did seem like he had carried over a beef from the other board. It was probably the confrontation more than the "Lick my backside" that got him. "Lick my backside" skirts just over the line here, but "eats all the spotted dick he can get his hands on" flies, if that gives you a sense of boundaries.

I didn't mean to scare anybody with the friendly warning. You guys came over in a group, and I thought there was a good chance you'd start sharing content pretty quickly since you all know each other. Beefs from other boards sometimes tend to get carried over, and it's hard for moderators to know what's good natured and what's mean spirited sometimes. Then backsides are licked, somebody eats some suet pudding and somebody else gets butt-hurt and we're off to the races with a discussion about board over moderation.
That wasn't a carry over from the other board at all. I misinterpreted his post and he responded. If that was the reason for the benching, it was more my mistake.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That wasn't a carry over from the other board at all. I misinterpreted his post and he responded. If that was the reason for the benching, it was more my mistake.

Meh. He seemed like a big boy. He'll be back throwing turds by halftime when his benching expires. :)

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BTW, if you're not aware of it there's going to be a game chat tonight. Accessible from the menu on the page header. Those tend to be more lax then the threads, though the same rules still technically apply.
Do they get as crazy here? That was the one time I did not go to the old board, during games. In fact, I suggested the mods dump all of the threads started during a bad game and let posters have a second chance.

You remember the MNF game in BUF with Romo's 6 turnovers and winning the game at the end? If they put a team of shrinks on that forum for those 4 hours, they would have left the profession.