Shame on Jerry Jones, shame on Dak, shame on this front office

Cmac

Reaction score
We've been had with the "All-in" talk like the weighted pins below that pop back up
Fun-Fair-Carnival-Games-for-Rent.jpg

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Can't excuse that. But can you now show the holes Aaron Jones ran through or the routes that GB WRs ran to be so open?
So how much does it take to fill those holes? Oh and add in replacing Tyron and Center.
I'm trying to figure out why Dak is linked to the Front Office buffoonery. Because he got market value or leverage? Run CD & Micah, run!! Jerry treating the base like we're at a fairground wondering why we can't knock down the pins (that are nailed) to win a prize.
Because, he's left the FO with limited options......and they arent confident that based on 'market setting' contract we can improve the holes you've already mentioned.
See, you just want to deflect the blame.....me I, im blaming both, but that's because they arent negotiating and as a result I can see why the Jones wont kill the future by restructuring the CAP (to death), giving Dak all the weapons for him to just walk away in 2025 when he hits the market . They're making Dak earn the money.
You can argue all you want that he should get his bag, but if he cant give something (ie in length of contract) then someone(s) else doesnt get the bag.

So what would you do?

Big_D

Reaction score
It all depends on whether you think we're close enough to go ALL-IN in 2024....if you do, then sure blame the Jones. Me, I think the GB loss (following similar patterns to SF x2) indicates (taking into account we were probably losing two starting O-Line men) and an inability to get a deal with Dak (take suites the Cowboys and Dak), means resetting in 2024 and coming back with a decent CAP (for once), is a decent alternative.....especially as they dont have the fans luxury of looking no further than the upcoming season.
They don’t look further than the upcoming season so that would be a surprise. No one has any idea what the hell they’re even up to at the moment. This is a joke. You think they’ll just reset and be back to their winning ways? It’s a clown show here and they just threw 3 12 win seasons in the toilet. Dak should’ve never have gotten that contract in the first place. Same goes for Zeke. That list goes on an on which brings us to whatever this is.

Cmac

Reaction score
So how much does it take to fill those holes? Oh and add in replacing Tyron and Center.

Because, he's left the FO with limited options......and they arent confident that based on 'market setting' contract we can improve the holes you've already mentioned.
See, you just want to deflect the blame.....me I, im blaming both, but that's because they arent negotiating and as a result I can see why the Jones wont kill the future by restructuring the CAP (to death), giving Dak all the weapons for him to just walk away in 2025 when he hits the market . They're making Dak earn the money.
You can argue all you want that he should get his bag, but if he cant give something (ie in length of contract) then someone(s) else doesnt get the bag.

So what would you do?
Then let him go with a trade? You're giving Jerry too much leniency.......too much. Next up "hometown discounts" for CD & Micah? Why is Philly able to do something with a high paid QB?

Cmac

Reaction score
That's the problem, it's always someone else's fault. Not seeing his part in the problem is also a 'shame on us'. If Dak had performed in GB lose (when the pressure was on), you could make an argument that ALL-IN in 2024 is an option, however, with his performance along with serious holes in both sides of the run game (and even the DQ secondary) .....do you really think we are close to going ALL-IN?

That's the choice, ALL-IN in 2024, or reset for 2025 (which may well include Dak).
Rebuilding is about to be Dak's fault? Jerry said "He's All-in".......what does that mean?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
They don’t look further than the upcoming season so that would be a surprise. No one has any idea what the hell they’re even up to at the moment. This is a joke. You think they’ll just reset and be back to their winning ways? It’s a clown show here and they just threw 3 12 win seasons in the toilet. Dak should’ve never have gotten that contract in the first place. Same goes for Zeke. That list goes on an on which brings us to whatever this is.
Well it looks pretty simple, as if:
a) the FO doesnt think we're close enough to go ALL-IN this year (probably based on the end of season inc GB performances)
b) Either, uncertain on Dak as a 'market setting' QB, or cant get him to sign a long extension (we cant accommodate a 4 yr contract due to the existing $62m outstanding payments which would kill early 'cheap' years.
c) Restructuring is possible, though as per a) if youre going to do it, you better make sure it works (and FO dont think we're close) and also Dak could walk away in 2025, (as we'd just killed the CAP, we havent a competitive roster and he can pick up money from a CAP rich team) .....and we are left with No QB and No CAP.

What we're doing isnt ideal, but it's understandable, short term loss/hold for a lnger term gain as 2025 we'd be a much better position (even to re-sign Dak, if that's what you/they want).

John813

Reaction score
It's all on the front office.
QB's want to be paid. We watched Burrows, LJ, Herbert etc all get huge deals last year. It's the name of the game unless some team finds a reclaim project like Geno or Baker who will take less due to their shaky history.
Kirk Cousins on his 3rd deal got a market level deal.
Dak, for his flaws and pros is a top 10 QB. Is he elite? No, but he's in that echelon that gets that top contract.
Dallas can either re-sign him for market value or let him walk. Dallas, based off their history, will fold at some point, giving him the deal he wants, but only after FA is long gone and all the vets that could of helped the team are signed.

It'll be one thing if this front office was actively trying to re-sign Dak during the offseason. they haven't. Stevie boy was at a conference with Nike when tampering period started. Jerry was probably in the Bahamas or Epstein island.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Then let him go with a trade? You're giving Jerry too much leniency.......too much. Next up "hometown discounts" for CD & Micah? Why is Philly able to do something with a high paid QB?
Hold on a second, have I mentioned 'Hometown Discount', the sticking point is more likely the length of contract (as was the central issue in his last contract....Dak wanted to hit FA again at 30/31).
If he wants a trade, then yes (I bet that's one of the reason's behind the decision......to see Dak will fight for the Star as we reset, or he baulk for the money).
Philly can do it......BECAUSE the Hurts signed to a long deal, which I predict is exactly what they want to do with Dak.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
It's all on the front office.
QB's want to be paid. We watched Burrows, LJ, Herbert etc all get huge deals last year. It's the name of the game unless some team finds a reclaim project like Geno or Baker who will take less due to their shaky history.
Kirk Cousins on his 3rd deal got a market level deal.
Dak, for his flaws and pros is a top 10 QB. Is he elite? No, but he's in that echelon that gets that top contract.
Dallas can either re-sign him for market value or let him walk. Dallas, based off their history, will fold at some point, giving him the deal he wants, but only after FA is long gone and all the vets that could of helped the team are signed.
The number of years *and the deferred bonus payments* are the differences with the Burrows et al.

John813

Reaction score
The number of years *and the deferred bonus payments* are the differences with the Burrows et al.
I noticed the same with Herbert, A lot of roster option bonuses that could be restructured as need be or just stay depending on the year and need for cap space.
Curious if that is an option Dallas wants to push for this year or is it still heavy on signing bonuses?

Cmac

Reaction score
Hold on a second, have I mentioned 'Hometown Discount', the sticking point is more likely the length of contract (as was the central issue in his last contract....Dak wanted to hit FA again at 30/31).
If he wants a trade, then yes (I bet that's one of the reason's behind the decision......to see Dak will fight for the Star as we reset, or he baulk for the money).
Philly can do it......BECAUSE the Hurts signed to a long deal, which I predict is exactly what they want to do with Dak.
I'm going to defer.......you're writing like you have inside info. I'm just speculating.
But I would add, regarding a no-trade, which we know Dak can void.......Atlanta (signed Kirk Cousin who has benefited being in the right place at the right time his full NFL career regarding salary) or Raiders (Gardner Minshew.....really?). Did Jerry inquire with these franchises? You can't convince me Dak is a marginal QB that no one wants part of when they don' have someone or a high pick to entertain conversation.

To do nothing so far, given the glaring weaknesses is baffling. We have holes in several spots.......I just can't put this all on Dak. What are the qualifications for the Front Office to do something.......anything to convince the players and base?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I'm going to defer.......you're writing like you have inside info. I'm just speculating.
But I would add, regarding a no-trade, which we know Dak can void.......Atlanta (signed Kirk Cousin who has benefited being in the right place at the right time his full NFL career regarding salary) or Raiders (Gardner Minshew.....really?). Did Jerry inquire with these franchises? You can't convince me Dak is a marginal QB that no one wants part of when they don' have someone or a high pick to entertain conversation.

To do nothing so far, given the glaring weaknesses is baffling. We have holes in several spots.......I just can't put this all on Dak. What are the qualifications for the Front Office to do something.......anything to convince the players and base?
Again, stop with the 'put this all on Dak'....he's a part of the problem, in that the GB game highlighted how far he and other areas of the team were.
I'm convinced if we beat GB, or if we went down fighting then 2024 may well of been an ALL-IN approach.....Dak didn't help his cause or our cause (not just his fault).

Cmac

Reaction score
Again, stop with the 'put this all on Dak'....he's a part of the problem, in that the GB game highlighted how far he and other areas of the team were.
I'm convinced if we beat GB, or if we went down fighting then 2024 may well of been an ALL-IN approach.....Dak didn't help his cause or our cause (not just his fault).
CowboyoWales.......then who did help our cause in the GB game?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
CowboyoWales.......then who did help our cause in the GB game?
That's no argument to support Dak. What you're saying is the highest paid Franchise QB loses his composure and capitulates and you want to share, or more accurately, want to deflect blame upon the inability to stop the run with Clark, Hankins, Bell 's (and their combined $3m CAP).

Dak's performance (coupled with the late game ineffectiveness in the two SF play-off losses) has put a question mark against Dak's personal ability under duress.

Cmac

Reaction score
That's no argument to support Dak. What you're saying is the highest paid Franchise QB loses his composure and capitulates and you want to share, or more accurately, want to deflect blame upon the inability to stop the run with Clark, Hankins, Bell 's (and their combined $3m CAP).

Dak's performance (coupled with the late game ineffectiveness in the two SF play-off losses) has put a question mark against Dak's personal ability under duress.
But did I mention something that didn't happen? I didn't place the D's issues solely on the LBs. It was failures all-around......interior d, pass coverage, pressure on J Love missing, etc. etc. etc. I'm trying to break it down for you, but you seem to want to absolve everyone but Dak. That's what it seems. But not trying to convince you......you're set. It's funny. Alll I can end with is.........ok.

Hadenough

Reaction score
An absolute terrible start to free agency and I don't see how it can improve.

Maybe if we resign Tyron Smith it would at least not force us to take a Tackle in Round 1 or 2.
I dont think Jerry knows where to begin. It's like the stock market, if you don't know what to do you don't do anything. The Cowboys are going to play this season as is and I expect the locker room to have an Eagles like implosion and the team to just fall on its face. That's when Jerry will begin to fire people.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
An absolute terrible start to free agency and I don't see how it can improve.

Maybe if we resign Tyron Smith it would at least not force us to take a Tackle in Round 1 or 2.
Get rid of Jerry and Stephen. That's how to fix this.