Shame on Jerry Jones, shame on Dak, shame on this front office

kevm3

Reaction score
And this is why I don't get the whole 'lets change out Dak for a new QB' thing. Does anyone really believe the FO would build around a new QB? Even if we had Mahomes, he'd spend his career attached to Garrett and Kellen Moore as Mahomes would have played good enough for Jerry to keep them around. This would allow the team to put up tons of points and play good enough for the FO to skimp out on defense and we'd be a high scoring team that still gets blown out of the playoffs because our defense would get gashed.

Our FO literally has a second round ceiling. They only do enough to hit that at max.

What's so sad is we could have Harbaugh but let that pass. Could have had Bellichick, but why would he want to come into the dumpster fire that this team is turning into. We're likely stuck with McCarthy collecting paychecks as he presides over a sinking ship for a few more years. I can see Micah Parsons and CeeDee on their way out. They can easily get the same money elsewhere AND be part of a potentially winning culture.

I can see Dak walking next year as well instead of being firm and actually making a move and trying to get him to waive the trade clause and get some picks.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Shame on the fans......for they are the hand that rocks Jerry's cradle.....

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
I kinda like it, shake it all up, Cowboys haven't been near a SB in what 28 years, Drop the hammer...Sometimes rattling cans around just might change something around Big D...I got 2 bags of popcorn...:popcorn:

Big_D

Reaction score
Imagine right out of the gate the saddest and most pathetic offseason ever? No one saw that coming!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Anyone who thought Jerry was really all in , has not been around for the past few years. He is a sales person in the entertainment business to make revenue and not a football GM to win football games.
Yes.

The surprising thing is that some find this a revelation.

Jerry wins the SB of sports entertainment *ownership* year after year as the *owner* of the most valuable sports franchise in the world.

He's not a coach. He's not a player. He knows this.

He's an owner and competes against other owners. And wins. Year after year.

clff15701

Reaction score
We never have any money to spend on FA despite the fact that most years the Cowboys roll money forward into the next cap year. If you are cheap then just come out and say you are cheap and frugal. Stop with the catch phrases and call it what it is.

clff15701

Reaction score
Call it like it is. We fans should have it on every thread title on the board.

Rayman70

Reaction score
and its ALWAYS the same media hacks that say things like " been told they are working on something." Its the same ones every time. They don't wanna lose access so they go along to get along. Sorry Jane Slater, your also part of the problem. I hate it, because she does try to have SOME integrity but always tows the line with Dallas. We signed a 32-year-old used up linebacker and we supposed to celebrate that? lmao..I mean hes decent but nothing special. All the other signings are jags on 1 year deals. We couldn't even call Henry and kick the tires. Fathom that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
An absolute terrible start to free agency and I don't see how it can improve.

Maybe if we resign Tyron Smith it would at least not force us to take a Tackle in Round 1 or 2.
Even if we re-sign Tyron we still need a quality player to replace him when he misses games. He needs days off to try and keep him healthy. He can’t be depended on.

triplets_93

Reaction score
They cannot be shamed... Their Bottom Line is just too good to shamed.
Shaming is for little people.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
An absolute terrible start to free agency and I don't see how it can improve.

Maybe if we resign Tyron Smith it would at least not force us to take a Tackle in Round 1 or 2.
Well, that didn't happen
What a sorry off season.....