Video: Shannon Sharpe: Cowboys would trade Micah Parsons and a 1st round pick for Aaron Donald

conner01

Reaction score
I am an Aaron Donald fan. First ballot lock HOFer. He is 30 Y/O. Not a chance I or anybody with a triple digit IQ does that trade. Micah a decade younger and ascending.
Anyone with a single digit IQ wouldn’t consider that trade, which says a lot about Sharpe lol

GoldenR

Reaction score
Jerry claimed in that draft he wanted Donald and called him a possible generational player! Browns took Gilbert at 9 or somewhere and Jerry could have moved up then!! He thought Donald would fall to 16!??? CLOWN! Good thing Martin fell to us or we would have MANZIEL! Just like Parsons falling to us and Jerry thinking he had something to do with that!!!!

Cmac

Reaction score
At this point...no way. And probably not not even if ages were equal. MP simply has too many skill sets...he's a freakish talent and I’m not dissing AD one bit.
.......but can we wait until Beast Parsons gets another year or two under his belt, and most importantly the responses, once he is off the rookie contract (when all heck breaks loose on this board).

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Shannon: Hmmm . . . Ever since the Cowboys were eliminated my ratings have been dropping. I wonder how I can talk about who is left playing yet still somehow troll Cowboy fans to get the fan interest.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No way in hell would Jerry trade a first round pick and Parsons for a DT that’s pushing 31 and have to take on another huge contract. Lol Shannon Sharpe sounds more lost every time I listen to him. Aaron Donald will be on the way down in another couple of years. Skip mentioned Parsons had more sacks than Donald. Parsons was the better player this season and he’s a rookie.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
There is no guarantee Aaron Donald would continue to dominate as he gets into his 30’s. Look at JJ Watt, Fletcher Cox, et al.

Micah and the first round pick are 2 significantly cheaper players that the cowboys can afford for many years to come. Aaron would require additional housecleaning to fit under the cap. Dallas is not in a position at this time to entertain a trade like this

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Parsons came in second for defensive player of the year as a rookie and Aaron Donald was third. You would have to be crazy to trade Parsons and a first round pick for Donald who will be 31 next season. Especially with the potential Parsons has. He has his whole career ahead of him while Donald has 8 years of wear and tear on him. It won’t be long before he’ll be on the decline.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OGC.f01f6a443884fae49eaa08a9cfe28bce
Clueless

ESisback

Reaction score
I appreciate @Risen Star for his dedication and information that he brings to this forum, despite if I agree or disagree.
Risen is like a sarcastic Stock Ticker on Wall Street,, and I find him to be very relevant and obnoxious at the same time which is why I give him likes still. :D
I give you likes also,,, come to think about it I give a lot of you likes in here... dang
I agree totally!