Shaping up to be an ugly off season

Batman1980

Reaction score
Honestly that's our current ceiling.
The team next year will most likely be less talented than this years squad due to losses in free agency.
One hope I can see is the opportunity to reduce our NFL lead in penalties next year.

Honestly? As talented as we are, we need to upgrade in the trenches. Retool the offensive line, replace Gregory with a 3 down player and finally get a good 1T.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Ive

I've been that way since I was 8... 1962. I enjoyed many great years but I'm afraid we're in for a difficult decade of disappointment
Yep another old timer here remembering the glory days
Of a competent run organization

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wah….Wah….Wah….

Feel free to leave this place and go find other teams.

I am very frustrated also. But I am not going to sit around and constantly whine either. But hey if that helps, go for it. But repeating the same thing over and over 100 times a day in every thread won’t change it.

I will pick and choose my wine when it is ready…a good wine takes time…:lmao:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Honestly? As talented as we are, we need to upgrade in the trenches. Retool the offensive line, replace Gregory with a 3 down player and finally get a good 1T.
That's a long wish list for a team over the cap and picking 24 every round.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
We have absolutely no clue how free agency will go at all....will we be limited? sure. we were this year and made out all right. The loss sucks. Not winning a playoff game blows but no one has any clue what will happen next season

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
It’s not that bad. Schultz, Anger, and Wilson are the only guys I would bring back. Jerry should have traded Gallup since he gave Cooper that ridiculous contract but of course he didn’t. I was all for Gregory but he played like an undisciplined clown in his biggest game. Guy can’t be relied on. Good riddance. Williams is the worst starter on the team so easily replaced. The rest of the guys are JAGs.
I would let Shultz go.
He is too one dimensional.
He can't block and one reason why we could not run the ball.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
We have absolutely no clue how free agency will go at all....will we be limited? sure. we were this year and made out all right. The loss sucks. Not winning a playoff game blows but no one has any clue what will happen next season
No absolutes, but there are indicators you can look for.
Excluding last year we have absolutely sucked at free agency.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Unless one of the other NFC teams upgrades their QB position than Dallas should win the division again barring any major injuries. They will have to restructure some contracts as well. I will be happy if they can resign Kearse and one of Gallup or Wilson. I would look to trade Cooper for a good left guard, linebacker or defensive lineman if possible. That of course if they resign one of Gallup or Wilson. Look for wide receiver in the draft, offensive linemen, linebacker.
If this team can get better at left guard and center it will be a bug difference. The salary cap can be manipulated so easy. There are a lot of contracts that can be restructured.
I would also let Gregory walk unless he is on a team friendly deal. I still don't trust him to give him a long deal with money. 1 or two year friendly deal thats it. He cost Dallas any chance of winning that horrible penalty. He played dumb all game so I'm not investing him at all.

Thank god Will Mclay stayed because then it would really be a dark off season.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Wah….Wah….Wah….

Feel free to leave this place and go find other teams.

I am very frustrated also. But I am not going to sit around and constantly whine either. But hey if that helps, go for it. But repeating the same thing over and over 100 times a day in every thread won’t change it.

I will pick and choose my wine when it is ready…a good wine takes time…:lmao:
Not going to another team, but gonna call it like I see it.
And yep it's very cathartic!
:muttley:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Unless one of the other NFC teams upgrades their QB position than Dallas should win the division again barring any major injuries. They will have to restructure some contracts as well. I will be happy if they can resign Kearse and one of Gallup or Wilson. I would look to trade Cooper for a good left guard, linebacker or defensive lineman if possible. That of course if they resign one of Gallup or Wilson. Look for wide receiver in the draft, offensive linemen, linebacker.
If this team can get better at left guard and center it will be a bug difference. The salary cap can be manipulated so easy. There are a lot of contracts that can be restructured.
I would also let Gregory walk unless he is on a team friendly deal. I still don't trust him to give him a long deal with money. 1 or two year friendly deal thats it. He cost Dallas any chance of winning that horrible penalty. He played dumb all game so I'm not investing him at all.

Thank god Will Mclay stayed because then it would really be a dark off season.
Your plan has a lot of merit
Winning the nfc east should be doable
It's when you get to the playoffs you have to beat well run
And well coached teams.
Hard to see that happening

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Your plan has a lot of merit
Winning the nfc east should be doable
It's when you get to the playoffs you have to beat well run
And well coached teams.
Hard to see that happening

Yea if they continue to be a dumb team with penalties again then it's one and done. Can fat Mike get them to be a disciplined team that doesn't shoot themselves in the foot? We shall see. Replacing Williams at left guard will be a great start.

Trajan

Reaction score

Not 100% true, you can tend to extrapolate out past performance. Is there anything either on the team or in the coaching staff that can get us a better performance next season ? Dak playing vastly better could do it. That’s really about it. I don’t think big mike will be the change we need to overcome Jerru, so I expect another quick exit from the playoffs, if we make it.