Shaping up to be an ugly off season

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Yea if they continue to be a dumb team with penalties again then it's one and done. Can fat Mike get them to be a disciplined team that doesn't shoot themselves in the foot? We shall see. Replacing Williams at left guard will be a great start.
Yep , leading the league in penalties was very disconcerting.
That is an issue we have control over
We just played sloppy undisciplined football.
No excuses for that.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
We have absolutely no clue how free agency will go at all....will we be limited? sure. we were this year and made out all right. The loss sucks. Not winning a playoff game blows but no one has any clue what will happen next season

I don't 'know" what will happen tomorrow, but there is a track record in Dallas. After all, the same 2 guys have been making personnel decisions for the last 26 years.

How have they done?

MaineBoy

Reaction score
I'm afraid to say that its gonna be a lot longer than this winter my friend.

Need basically a whole new O-line, 2 DTs a LB and a free safety, thats gonna take a few years and by then Daks contract will be up and do we sign him again....doubtful.

I'm afraid to say its gonna be many more dark years ahead...

Winter Has Come…..

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Bold print is mine, scoundrels!

Stephen has already said we will not be players in Free Agency.
We like our guys.

We are currently over the salary cap.
But we have 2 golden boys who alone take up $60 mil a year. They must be good, right?

We have several bloated contracts for players who are not producing at their level of pay.
Several bloated contracts? Omar the observant, did he say several?

Some we cant afford to trade or cut because of their cap hits,
Zeke for example.
Grrrrr! Averaging, what lads, 35 YPG?

We have 21 Free Agents, many that were key contributors, most we wont be able to afford to resign.
21 is too many to contemplate. But with underperformers, this might be good attrition, lad.

Our only hope is the Draft and we will be picking much later, 24th, than last year, making it much more difficult to find impact players.
Yeah, noble proctor of the highlands, but No. 24 or so ... we got into the playoffs!

We continue having a GM in place that has repeatedly showed he is not competent to handle the duties of the job.
th

So buckle up for the Winter of discontentment my fellow Cowboys fans!
th

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wah...Wah...Wah...fans have different opinions.

Still can't handle them, I see. :muttley:

No you are the one that can’t handle it. As you all do the same crap over and over and over. Every single freaking day. Come up with something constructive.
Just pointing that out you all of you.
Whiner…this place is harder to take as each day goes by. So I will leave it to you and the whiners for awhile.
Maybe one day you will all get your way and have nothing bit whiners on here.

I put you on ignore so you would stop harassing me over and over for the day. But back on ignore you go…

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Stephen has already said we will not be players in Free Agency.

We are currently over the salary cap.

We have several bloated contracts for players who are not producing at their level of pay.
Some we cant afford to trade or cut because of their cap hits,
Zeke for example.

We have 21 Free Agents, many that were key contributors, most we wont be able to afford to resign.

Our only hope is the Draft and we will be picking much later, 24th, than last year, making it much more difficult to find impact players.

We continue having a GM in place that has repeatedly showed he is not competent to handle the duties of the job.

So buckle up for the Winter of discontentment my fellow Cowboys fans!
Thanks for the reminder, but you speak the truth.
If we ever depended on Will McClay before, Oh Boy do we depend on him now.
Its going to be all about having superb drafting, and trying our best to acquire more draft picks, and hitting on a couple UDFAs as well.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
No you are the one that can’t handle it. As you all do the same crap over and over and over. Every single freaking day. Come up with something constructive.
Just pointing that out you all of you.
Whiner…this place is harder to take as each day goes by. So I will leave it to you and the whiners for awhile.
Maybe one day you will all get your way and have nothing bit whiners on here.

I put you on ignore so you would stop harassing me over and over for the day. But back on ignore you go…

No one is harassing you. You put me on ignore for the same reason you make these posts - you can't handle opinions different from your own.

You're Rockport with a different moniker. Anyone who doesn't share your rosy point of view is a whiner, troll, or hater. Have fun with that.

Last edited:

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
No absolutes, but there are indicators you can look for.
Excluding last year we have absolutely sucked at free agency.

I mean we have a new coach who I’m sure has some say in free agency. For a decade prior we had Garrett - you can whine and cry about something that may happen and maybe you’ll be right but MM I’m sure had some say in last years signings and they did well in his first real offseason.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Not 100% true, you can tend to extrapolate out past performance. Is there anything either on the team or in the coaching staff that can get us a better performance next season ? Dak playing vastly better could do it. That’s really about it. I don’t think big mike will be the change we need to overcome Jerru, so I expect another quick exit from the playoffs, if we make it.

absolutely- year 2 from parsons, diggs year 3 and their continued development. Consistency from the o line and sticking with a lineup week in & week out & not shuffling deck chairs. Jerry isn’t the reason this team lost Sunday.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I don't 'know" what will happen tomorrow, but there is a track record in Dallas. After all, the same 2 guys have been making personnel decisions for the last 26 years.

How have they done?

I mean look at our drafts particular the top picks the last decade and see for yourself. It’s really really hard to win in the nfl. I don’t like Jerry speaking on the radio and he is stubborn but this fan base blames him for everything and unfortunately that’s just not true as much as it gets screamed