Twitter: Shaq leaving Dallas without a deal

mcmvp

Reaction score
If the Colts let him walk there is a reason. People always are into the name not the player.
I sort of feel the same way on this one. Who freely gets rid of a 28 year old player that has been an all pro 3 times? Teams that have seen the after effects of his back surgery perhaps?

They gave him a tribute video. At 28 years old. Anyone else find that odd? It’s something that is usually done for retired players that meant a lot to the organization. But he got one at 28 after being released.

If the Eagles sign him, I won’t get my hopes up. If he surprises me…I’m cool with that too

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I thought they have 13.5...where did you find that number?
$2.4 million is their current space. Doesn't mean they can't create more, or that we even offered him the $2.4 million Philly could without making any other move.

rambo2

Reaction score
I sort of feel the same way on this one. Who freely gets rid of a 28 year old player that has been an all pro 3 times? Teams that have seen the after effects of his back surgery perhaps?

They gave him a tribute video. At 28 years old. Anyone else find that odd? It’s something that is usually done for retired players that meant a lot to the organization. But he got one at 28 after being released.

If the Eagles sign him, I won’t get my hopes up. If he surprises me…I’m cool with that too
It had to do with guaranteed money for next year that they didn't want to pay.

slick325

Reaction score
Makes sense that he would want to explore his market. Hopefully he and his agent pick the Cowboys.

mcmvp

Reaction score
It had to do with guaranteed money for next year that they didn't want to pay.
lol…you have no idea why he left without a deal. He could be a capable player that is just weighing his options, or he could be a broken player they didn’t want. Or it could be just money…but stop pretending that you know

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I assumed he gets the guaranteed money, but not the unguaranteed part. so the money from cowboys or eagles is added on top of it. to be honest, I don't know how this part of the cap works
the guaranteed is offset by whatever he gets on a new contract. So its gonna be the minimum. Maybe one of the two teams ponies up for an incentive-laden 2024 deal or something but this is really more about where the dude thinks he has the best chance to revive his career.

As I see it, with LVE likely done, there is an obvious spot here. In Philly, Nakobe Dean may be back this year and still has two years left on his rookie deal.