Twitter: Shaq leaving Dallas without a deal

exciter

Reaction score
They wouldnt have brought him in if that was the case.
Indianapolis wouldn’t have cut him and taken a massive dead cap hit the next 2 seasons while trying to make a late playoff run if not the case!

Gambit

Reaction score
They tried, guys. Honest offer.
One of the most over used phrases on this board and in this situation completely irrelevant.

The Colts are hook for his salary this year, regardless what any team pays him, the difference comes from Colts. Zero new money this year unless someone overpays him more than the original salary, which is extremely doubtful

conner01

Reaction score
This isn't a bidding war. He's getting his full deal from the Colts -- anything he gets this year will come out of that so he's not going to make new money.
Exactly. It’s not about money. He gets the same no matter who he signs with

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Part of his complaint with Indy was due to his lack of playing time. He's LB3 here and LB1 in Philly.

I'm sure that is the point Philly will be making.

rambo2

Reaction score
Of course he left...didn't you hear Jerry yesterday on 105.3 gushing over the Thanksgiving ratings....that is ALL that matters to him and Chuckles. Have you EVER heard another owner of GM gush about ratings of a game they played in? I HATE this organization!!!
Lol

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This isn't a bidding war. He's getting his full deal from the Colts -- anything he gets this year will come out of that so he's not going to make new money.
I assumed he gets the guaranteed money, but not the unguaranteed part. so the money from cowboys or eagles is added on top of it. to be honest, I don't know how this part of the cap works

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yet we take chances on guys in the draft all the time with known injury issues. Why would they even bring him in if this was the reason not to sign him? This was known before hand.

Dallas front office is notorious for low balling these players and they go elsewhere and succeed many times.
I would imagine their doctors took a look at him in person today. Doesn't mean Broaduss is correct.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I assumed he gets the guaranteed money, but not the unguaranteed part. so the money from cowboys or eagles is added on top of it. to be honest, I don't know how this part of the cap works
I do not believe he is allowed to get paid more for this season than what he would have been paid by Indy, and whatever he signs for Indy pays the difference. He can negotiate for subsequent years, however, and with his physical issues certainly would want to. Indy unloaded him to avoid the financial risk of guaranteed money in his contract in case of injury.