Shaquem Griffin

vaturkey

Reaction score
Question is whether he would be allowed to play with a prosthetic hand of some type. If so one of our late round compensation picks might be worth it.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Question is whether he would be allowed to play with a prosthetic hand of some type. If so one of our late round compensation picks might be worth it.
He doesn't play that way in games. He plays with nothing on it. Dude can catch the ball as well.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Yeah that's a good question. They let JPP play with fake fingers but he plays for Mara.....

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
He doesn't play with anything on that hand that's missing so not sure why that would be a question.
he will miss tackles b/c of it, but I got to see a few UCF games this year and his bigger contribution is the ability to disrupt plays: close gaps, rush the QB, force RBs to change direction.

as depth, I would GLADLY take him over Damien Wilson and Kyle Wilbur

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
he will miss tackles b/c of it, but I got to see a few UCF games this year and his bigger contribution is the ability to disrupt plays: close gaps, rush the QB, force RBs to change direction.

I agree with that

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I love his story, his inspiration and his drive. It's served him well so far and he's always proved doubters that wrong.

That said, I question how he'll be able to wrap up as the NFL is a step up from the college game. I can't see drafting him over guys.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love his story, his inspiration and his drive. It's served him well so far and he's always proved doubters that wrong.

That said, I question how he'll be able to wrap up as the NFL is a step up from the college game. I can't see drafting him over guys.

Does it compare to JPP, before and after? How much does the nub help JPP out?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Does it compare to JPP, before and after? How much does the nub help JPP out?
Pierre-Paul ended up losing fingers by being stupid. This is not even close to the same thing.

This is a kid who has fought to get where he is, which is remarkable. He deserves whatever accolades he can get.

People make inspirational stories about people like Bill Bates making it? Griffin is a real underdog.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

Kid is a blur going sideline to sideline and is glue in coverage. And he hits like a good raging madman. Stop looking at missing hand and admire the work ethic, smarts and production.

Kid is a beast and he'll still be available with 5th pick or lower because even NFL front offices are as dumb as fans.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I'm not trying to make light of his disability, but I wonder if one day sports leagues would let someone play with a prosthetic limb.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pierre-Paul ended up losing fingers by being stupid. This is not even close to the same thing.

This is a kid who has fought to get where he is, which is remarkable. He deserves whatever accolades he can get.

People make inspirational stories about people like Bill Bates making it? Griffin is a real underdog.

I wasn’t comparing *how* they got injured. I was trying to get a reasonable comp for how much a missing hand might affect his play at the pro level. Ie, how important a hand is for an NFL defender. There’s not a lot of precedent here.

Looking at the drop off off one guy who played with and without a full hand is a fairly reasonable comparison.