Share the cut from an album that blew your mind when it was first released

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
These guys don't get enough credit, considering that they were pretty much ahead of their time, IMO.........So yeah, you could say this song blew me away.

Hardline

Reaction score
Amboy Dukes
" Tooth Fang& Claw"

* my Mother whisked thru my bedroom's closed door, to yank my head from out between the two stereo box speakers I'd cobbled together and had set up on both sides of an 8-track turntable I'd centerpiece on top of my chest of drawers casing-liner when I was about 14 y.o.

* Great White Buffalo*

**when I'd first discovered it**
What did you think about "Journey to the center of the mind?"

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
What did you think about "Journey to the center of the mind?"
Oh,Bro! You gotta' know I luv'd it,but it was that whole thing of " imparting a message or maybe like leaving an immediate mental tattoo"
( if that makes any sense? IDK,,,I do know it stuck )

*I really like that "living in the woods" tune,Too! As I spent a lot of my free time out in the brush& timber growing up

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stanley Jordan's album "Magic Touch" blew my mind. I saw a video of "Lady In My Life" and really liked his cover and bought the album. There was a disclaimer or warning on the album to explain what you were hearing, all guitar sounds were being played by Stanley simultaneously and that there was no overdubbing or production tricks. Listening to that album, there was at least 2 guitars playing and sometimes even a third, no way that was from one guy with one guitar, how can he playing lead and rhythm at the same time? They only showed a few bits of him playing in the video, it wasn't until watching him play on The Tonight Show that I got the full appreciation for what he was doing. I've seen guitarists tap or hammer before, but not to this level, not to that complexity.

Musical genius gets overused but not with him. I saw him live at the old Caravan of Dreams in Fort Worth and heads kept turning to try and fine the hidden guitar player(s).