Shazier camp on phone with Dallas as Steelers picked

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Martin is a far better player. Cowboys obviously don't have much hope that Carter will develop in this scheme.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Martin is a far better player. Cowboys obviously don't have much hope that Carter will develop in this scheme.

Given the fact that they did not bother getting another legitimate ROLB candidate to compete with him, it looks like their idea to challenge/replace Carter was a one player proposition that they lost out on.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I thought it was posted after the 1st round was over, that the Rams were not interested in trading. They really liked Donald, so they took him.
I was speaking more just in general, but you're correct that it likely wouldn't have landed us Donald unless we packaged more to hop the Rams.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Yes, but it also indicated that everyone knew that edge rushers were in scarce supply and if we wanted Lawrence that badly, the Commanders could extort the pick.
Very true, I actually love the player, just hated trading that 3rd tbh.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Given the fact that they did not bother getting another legitimate ROLB candidate to compete with him, it looks like their idea to challenge/replace Carter was a one player proposition that they lost out on.
Or Shazier was the only player with the talent to compete as a rook (@ least according to our scouts)? Carter can still turn it around; he all the tools.

Alexander

Reaction score
I was speaking more just in general, but you're correct that it likely wouldn't have landed us Donald unless we packaged more to hop the Rams.

I do not think that would have been our best move as we would have been just as desperate for the edge player and would be left to reach on someone in round two.

If we were going to burn two premium choices, I would rather have tried to fill the biggest glaring need on the DL and that was RDE.

Alexander

Reaction score
Or Shazier was the only player with the talent to compete?
If that is the case, he is the only run and chase weakside linebacker in this whole draft worth anything. Doubtful.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I do not think that would have been our best move as we would have been just as desperate for the edge player and would be left to reach on someone in round two.

If we were going to burn two premium choices, I would rather have tried to fill the biggest glaring need on the DL and that was RDE.
That's fair, esp with Melton already on board and Selvie being our best pass rusher pre draft.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
If that is the case, he is the only run and chase weakside linebacker in this whole draft worth anything. Doubtful.
So why not use another choice? I hear what you're saying. The team was interested in pushing Carter, but only if that player was Shazier? Sounds like the same argument (chicken or the egg).