Sheldon Richardson for a 4th (speculation)?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Jason Cole of B/R spoke to two teams who indicated that they’re interested in trading for Jets DL Sheldon Richardson, but neither would offer very much for him at this point in time.

According to Cole, the executives both said they would be willing to part with a fourth-round pick for Richardson and added that they would consider a conditional 2018 pick that could end up being higher based on his play and whether they’re able to sign him to a long-term contract.

http://nfltraderumors.co/two-teams-interested-trading-sheldon-richardson-unlikely-offer-4th-rd-pick/

waldoputty

Reaction score
Jason Cole of B/R spoke to two teams who indicated that they’re interested in trading for Jets DL Sheldon Richardson, but neither would offer very much for him at this point in time.

According to Cole, the executives both said they would be willing to part with a fourth-round pick for Richardson and added that they would consider a conditional 2018 pick that could end up being higher based on his play and whether they’re able to sign him to a long-term contract.

http://nfltraderumors.co/two-teams-interested-trading-sheldon-richardson-unlikely-offer-4th-rd-pick/

thanks, been waiting on news on this.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I'd do it for a 4

I would be willing to overlook his attitude issues and take a one year flyer for a fourth. Question is would the Jets see the value in just taking what they can get?

Biggest concern with Richardson is his character and influence. Been down that road with bad apples before and it just seems we don't have the structure in place to deal with that.

From the way things rolled out with Hardy, we have a young and impressionable team that is just ripe to be corrupted.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I would be willing to overlook his attitude issues and take a one year flyer for a fourth. Question is would the Jets see the value in just taking what they can get?

They will likely lose him in FA next year, and I don't think they're close to contending so why not?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They will likely lose him in FA next year, and I don't think they're close to contending so why not?

Whatever they get from him would be offset by what they'd get in a comp pick next year, though.

The guy's a beast, for sure. I'm leary of players with reputations for missing meetings and who come in with substance abuse history. You have to look closely at what went on in NYJ if you consider it. Maybe it was just a case of dysfunction with a bad organization and he's a guy who could do well somewhere else. But on the surface, it looks like a talented, unmotivated, entitled player looking for a payday next offseason.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm tired of lazy, underachieving players with issues - substance, mental, domestic or otherwise. And I definitely don't want to give up draft picks for them, unless they are six or seven round draft picks.

I'd rather use a 4th on a young, hungry, virgin player who we can mold from jump street. The first four rounds should be reserved for players who you figure will (ultimately) be starters for your team or receive significant playing time in the first year.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I'd rather use a 4th on a young, hungry, virgin player who we can mold from jump street.

1449021354320.jpg

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score

Biggest concern with Richardson is his character and influence. Been down that road with bad apples before and it just seems we don't have the structure in place to deal with that.

From the way things rolled out with Hardy, we have a young and impressionable team that is just ripe to be corrupted.

Basically my concerns too.

Not only does Jason Garrett have issues with big personalities, but we are a really young team.

There is now even less veteran leadership on the defense with Carr and Church gone. Really the only voice on that side of the ball is Sean Lee.

Hardline

Reaction score
I'm tired of lazy, underachieving players with issues - substance, mental, domestic or otherwise. And I definitely don't want to give up draft picks for them, unless they are six or seven round draft picks.

I'd rather use a 4th on a young, hungry, virgin player who we can mold from jump street. The first four rounds should be reserved for players who you figure will (ultimately) be starters for your team or receive significant playing time in the first year.

Why does the player have to be a virgin?

beacamdim

Reaction score
As a Giants fan, I would actually love for Dallas to do this. In my honest opinion I think the legitimate talent upgrade Richardson brings would be outweighed by the calamitous effect on the Cowboys' currently-great team chemistry. He's a Grade A bad apple. And the Jets are the Jets for a reason.

[And, in case you are wondering why I even read this board -- my wife and stepson are (to my chagrin) HUGE Dallas fans. Gotta keep up with the conversation around the dinner table . . . ]