Sherman/Martz/Tice/Capers fired. Assistants anyone?

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
Just read that the Packers fired Mike Sherman and the Rams fired Martz. Surprising about Sherman.

With Tice, Sherman, Martz, and Capers all fired, maybe this frees up some potential assistant coaches for Bill. It doesn't seem like he's never gotten his assistants where he would like for them to be.

Which one would you choose for an assistant?
How about Dom Capers for Defensive Coordinator? Isn't he a 3-4 guy?
How about Mike Sherman for Offensive Coordinator, and he could bring along Brett and his offensive line coach?

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
I would take Capers in a second. I bet he could develop some complex blitz packages to take advcantage of Ware and Roy Williams...

CantonBound08

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind Capers coming in as DC. I don't think Martz fits with Big Bill, and I have never been all that impressed with Sherman.

I liked to watch Brett Favre before this season, but he had a really bad year, and he is getting pretty old although that has never stopped us before. I'm not convinced his line is any good after losing Rivera and Wahl.

I don't really think that our OC and DC positions will open up unless Payton or Zimmer take a HC position either somewhere in the NFL or for a college team.

If we are going to hire a new OC I would rather have Norv come in. I think he is a horrible head coach, but a proven OC. I believe his last few years in Miami were really good.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Capers, in a heartbeat.

But the guy I'd really like to see in Dallas in '06 is the Green Bay OL coach.

dcjules

Reaction score
Capers seems like an ideal 3-4 DC, also Haslett if he is let go.....Tice used to be a Ol coach, doubt he would take that though......Martz and Sherman, I'll pass.....

I do believe Zimmer may be gone, kinda a scapegoat for the blown leads and his unfamiliarity with the 3-4....Payton remember is not officially the OC, we kinda have a opening in title dont we?????

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
Capers is a much better defensive coordinator than Zimmer IMO. I'd take him and let Zimmer go.

KingTuna

Reaction score
CowboyManDan said:
Capers is a much better defensive coordinator than Zimmer IMO. I'd take him and let Zimmer go.

I am with you!! I would LOVE Dom Capers as D-Cordinator in 2006....

He has coached the 3-4 for YEARS...Very good results in Pittsburgh and Carolina with the 3-4...

sago1

Reaction score
It doesn't matter re our assistant coaches. If Parcells/Jones not satisfied, fire the ones we don't like. The assistant coaches Parcells has brough in don't have long-term ties with him & when he came here he couldn't get the guys he wanted. I'd love for Parcells to bring in a good DC who knows 3-4 system and not learning on the job. Not impressed with Payton but maybe he calling the plays that Parcells wants; don't know. Sure would like see Norv back but Parcells doesn't know him and doubt he would take him. Sure don't want Jerry making this decision. Also want a good OL coach caused unless Soprano (sp??) has OL experience in his background, not impressed with him. Send him back to TE position where it seemed to me Witten did better at blocking then this year.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
He should have been fired after the 4th and 26 debacle. I guess this seals Brett's decision. Look for Brad Childress to get the job.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Just to jump on the Capers bandwagon, he'd be an excellent fit here. As for OC, I'm quite happy with Sean Payton, I just wish Bill would give him a bit more rope.

silver

Reaction score
good. all those west coast guys are overrated. mooch, morningweg (sp), reid, etc (i'm sure there are more). only chucky in tampa has won a title and he inhereted a darn good defense from dungy.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Yeah i would love Capers as the D coordinator but i'll take anyone that has 3-4 experience to take over for M.Zimmer because we had the talent to become a dominant D and that didn't happen with our Zone D

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
Sherman had 5 winning seasons in his 6 yeaers with green bay!!!!!!!!!!!
2000= 9-7
2001= 12-4
2002= 12-4
2003= 12-4
2004= 10-6
2005= 4-12

He was 59-43 in his 6 seasons with Green Bay

Pretty damn good if you ask me!!!!!!!!!!

I dont want him though, I want BP here for many years to come!!!!!!!

Mansta54

Reaction score
Sherman had 5 winning seasons in his 6 yeaers with green bay!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty damn good if you ask me!!!!!!!!!!

I dont want him though, I want BP here for many years to come!!

Amen!!!!

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Capers was at his coaching best when Lamar Lathon and Kevin Greene were rushing off the edge back in Carolina 1996-97... I think both those guys are retired... What did Capers ever do in Houston to give you such a warm fuzzy top rated defensive feeling? Dallas was top 10 most of the year... hell, they were top 5 for a while.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Cpaers as DC and Jason Garret as OC.