Shocked Commanders Fan here

footballhenry

Reaction score
You know I talked a lil trash before this game. I dont usually but some of you Cowboy fans got my blood goin, and I wanted you know how good I thought my Commanders will be, and how much better they are than your team. I dont understand how it keeps happening. Every game things seem to some how go your teams way. It really is amazing. Something, just something always happens to keep the Skins from winning these games. I give you props for the simple fact that the cowboys own the Commanders, I said that before the game too, and believe that it takes alot of Commanders sweeps to erasing this streak of inferiority. Problem is our coach played not to lose, and when you do that you lose. I still cannot believe Vinny, of all people, broke the skins today. Enjoy the win guys, or rather enjoy the Commanders curse.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Take care footballhenry...and big of you to come in like that...many (not all) skins fans will talk smack and then not show up after a loss.

Eskimo

Reaction score
We'll take any win we can get around here Henry - especially ones against the Skins.

Curse or no curse, it is always good to beat the Skins.

You guys got a good D. Getting Lavar back, another year of experience for Sean Taylor and a top draft pick - next year is your guys' shot before the bills come due in 2006.

Az Lurker

The Lurker
Reaction score
I'm shocked too, call me a man without faith, but cowboys down 10-6, 1:30 left and Vinny under center...I absolutly thought an INT would be thrown and the game would be over.

However...the cowboys own the skins in a way few teams have ever done before. :skins:

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
I am still in shock over this one believe me. I thought all was lost and VT would come thru again with another mess up by either a botched snap or another lovely INT and yet we won. Totally amazing.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
footballhenry said:
You know I talked a lil trash before this game. I dont usually but some of you Cowboy fans got my blood goin, and I wanted you know how good I thought my Commanders will be, and how much better they are than your team. I dont understand how it keeps happening. Every game things seem to some how go your teams way. It really is amazing. Something, just something always happens to keep the Skins from winning these games. I give you props for the simple fact that the cowboys own the Commanders, I said that before the game too, and believe that it takes alot of Commanders sweeps to erasing this streak of inferiority. Problem is our coach played not to lose, and when you do that you lose. I still cannot believe Vinny, of all people, broke the skins today. Enjoy the win guys, or rather enjoy the Commanders curse.

I firmly believe this. As long as Dan Snyder owns the team you will not win much. From Norv to Shotty to Rhodes and Spurrier and now Gibbs, you guys have had the benefit of all the top FA players, dealt with the cap and had some high picks and still you will be drafting ahead of us again. This is not a shot as you as a fan but at Snyder. I really think he puts his teams together like he is still playing fantasy football. But you don't get points for every ten yards your back gets. It seems he forgets that.

I just think you need to have guys that can gel as a team and not a bunch of star players. Now this year you'e had some injuries but all teams get those. Shoot, look at Dallas, We lost our #1 deep threat in Glenn. We lost starting CBs, and our starting SS. I'm not saying we are much better than the skins just saying that there is no way I think you improve until you find a new owner. I think the curse is the Dan Snyder curse.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
footballhenry said:

It's a little known fact that Jack Kent Cooke was with the group that opened King Tut's crypt. It's the Mummys curse. Live with it. :D

CowboyChris

Reaction score
footballhenry said:

to be blunt with you Henry, your offense sucks, and you guys seem to overrate it when you play us. when you guys get an offense you should easily be able to beat us, thats if we dont get one first! good luck next year

footballhenry

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Take care footballhenry...and big of you to come in like that...many (not all) skins fans will talk smack and then not show up after a loss.
well thanks, but i really thought skins would win...i really did, i was so sure of it that im still shocked...i thought our O would actually run over your D, and i thought you wouldnt even move the ball against our D.....proven wrong yet again.... i said ramsey would have a big game, didnt happen....i said skin d would dominate, they really didnt....i said skins O would run over cowboys D, they didnt AT ALL......im a man that owns up to what i say...its very bitter, and the hatred is just growing but like i said enjoy the victory

Reaction score
footballhenry said:
well thanks, but i really thought skins would win...i really did, i was so sure of it that im still shocked...i thought our O would actually run over your D, and i thought you wouldnt even move the ball against our D.....proven wrong yet again.... i said ramsey would have a big game, didnt happen....i said skin d would dominate, they really didnt....i said skins O would run over cowboys D, they didnt AT ALL......im a man that owns up to what i say...its very bitter, and the hatred is just growing but like i said enjoy the victory

With all due respect, what have the Commanders done to make you think they'd
roll over the Cowboys, even as inept as Dallas has looked at times?
:skins:

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
footballhenry said:
dallas can't win 'em all. Commanders will break thru eventually. i'm just happy for the rivalry that takes a seemingly unimportant game and raises it to near playoff level excitement in my world. thanks Commanders. thanks for giving me something to look forward to in an otherwise dismal year. we''ll always have you to look forward to disliking intensely in any situation.

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
footballhenry said:

Understandable Henry, I had that thought in my mind when Dallas started their last drive and I am a Cowboys Fan. Bad, bad, bad.

I also expect my brother will speak to me again in 3 months or so and will pay me my $20 by my birthday in May. Nice of you to stop by. I will visit Extreme some time in the next few days. Just not today and maybe not tomorrow. I do understand.

footballhenry

Reaction score
Dangerous Dave said:
With all due respect, what have the Commanders done to make you think they'd
roll over the Cowboys, even as inept as Dallas has looked at times?
:skins:
well thats easy, before the eagles game you all had been playing very up and down football, but mostly bad (my uncle, whose a diehard cowboys fan definitely agreed). and the past 4-5 games of the skins had been extremely hard fought, and i saw lots of positives and the defense had been playing very well....so i know im not alone in my thinking the skins would definitely win, i never thought itd be a blowout but i thought wed def win by a td, maybe 10 or so points even.....one can only wonder if Ramsey had played this entire season instead of Brunell........

notherbob

Reaction score
Skins' fans got nothing to apologize for except for the team's name; their team played well and has continued to improve since a rough start. Their defense is excellent and alert; their offense has a good young QB who's going to be around for a while, a good RB and a new old coach whose team is starting to come together. 2005 looks to be a good year for you.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
footballhenry said:

OWNED

Good luck next year footballhenry ;)

Derinyar

Reaction score
footballhenry said:
well thats easy, before the eagles game you all had been playing very up and down football, but mostly bad (my uncle, whose a diehard cowboys fan definitely agreed). and the past 4-5 games of the skins had been extremely hard fought, and i saw lots of positives and the defense had been playing very well....so i know im not alone in my thinking the skins would definitely win, i never thought itd be a blowout but i thought wed def win by a td, maybe 10 or so points even.....one can only wonder if Ramsey had played this entire season instead of Brunell........

The problem is, we are both BAD teams. Bad teams find ways to lose ballgames. WE tried to give it to you. You wouldn't take it. You tried to give it to us, and somehow the neolithic QB managed not to screw it up.

VA Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
footballhenry said:
I dont understand how it keeps happening. Every game things seem to some how go your teams way. It really is amazing. Something, just something always happens to keep the Skins from winning these games. .

I thought that "something" today was going to be the recovered fumble on the punt return. But once we turned it over on downs with under 2:00 left, I thought we had blown our final opportunity.

But, lo and behold, three and out and then a 4th and 10 conversion by a rookie 7th rounder and then...the 39 yard TD catch by the same rookie 7th rounder.

The Commanders overcame their game-blowing play only to come back and lose anyways.
Nothing personal but that was great...it would've been better had something been on line for us, but I'll take anyways.

Lifer

Reaction score
The problem with Vegas betters is... they forget that no matter how BAD the Cowboys are playing... it's usually going to be a victory against the Deadskins.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
footballhenry said:

I told the man, and he didnt listen. Now hes shocked that it happened. Go figure :rolleyes: :skins: