Shook Emmitts Hand Today

TX_Yid

Reaction score
Yessiree.. had a bit of a chat with Emmitt while we were buying shoes at the galleria this lunch time, and shook the great mans hand.

Surreal. Really nice guy :star:

FRDRCK

DeWare94
Reaction score
congrats, the only person i ever met that was even close to being on the cowboys was jason garrett's brother in law lol

KingTuna

Reaction score
TX_Yid said:
Yessiree.. had a bit of a chat with Emmitt while we were buying shoes at the galleria this lunch time, and shook the great mans hand.

Surreal. Really nice guy :star:

Did he charge you $75.00???

My friend saw a 6 -7 year old kid and his father approach him at a football card show/autograph signing in Houston. The boy asked if he would sign his football card. Emmitt boldly said "Sure, if you have $75.00" then laughed and walked away.

Was a very LOW point for Emmitt....Makes you sick to your stomach to be that kind of a jerk to a kid.

I have no desire for his autograph or memorabilia.........

Hiero

Reaction score
KingTuna said:

My friend saw a 6 -7 year old kid and his father approach him at a football card show/autograph signing in Houston. The boy asked if he would sign his football card. Emmitt boldly said "Sure, if you have $75.00" then laughed and walked away.

Was a very LOW point for Emmitt....Makes you sick to your stomach to be that kind of a jerk to a kid.

do you realize how many people ask for his autograph everyday? if he signed all of them he would never get anything done.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
KingTuna said:

I don't believe that story

TX_Yid

Reaction score
Sorry guys I didn't ask for a picture, I don't like to impose, he was just trying to buy shoes.. guess thats the English for you.

I'm sure everyone has people out there who can tell a negative story about you. Nothing negative to say about my run in with a Cowboys legend today though, just a regular chatty polite guy.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
You should have run over to the Cowboys Pro Shop at the Galleria and bought an Emmitt jersey and a Sharpie and gone back to the shoe store.

KingTuna

Reaction score
ELDudearino said:
I don't believe that story

I was not there...But one of my closest friends and DIE HARD Cowboys fan was..He has no reason to lie...he LOVED Emitt Smith....

He still does as a player but lost a lot of respect for him after seeing that with his own eyes.

Just thought I would pass it on to the masses...

TX_Yid

Reaction score
Richmond Cowboy said:
You should have run over to the Cowboys Pro Shop at the Galleria and bought an Emmitt jersey and a Sharpie and gone back to the shoe store.

Haha.. I already have an Emmitt Jersey! no way I could have driven home and back in time though.

Just shaking his hand was enough for me :D

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Lucky guy!

I remember when I was about 8 or 9 I was at the mall with my sister and we ran into Greg Pruitt....Of the Cleveland Browns.

I was in love with Pruitt...Had his poster...Loved the tear away jerseys.

I was starstruck and couldn't say anything.

My sister was like say something...But I couldn't...So she went up to him and said I was a Big fan.

He came over and was real nice and talked to me and shook my hand.

I was in Heaven.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I saw Emmitt at the Cowboys Cafe about 10 years ago. I guess the rules were you're not supposed to "mingle" with any players, however I waved and he waved back.

I'm still holding out for Troy though...almost got the chance this year, but oh well.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
KingTuna said:

That reminds me of my brothers, wifes, brother's girlfrieds, uncle new a guy who's friend's sister's boyfriend new this guy.......Get the point....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to meet most of the members of the 1975 Cowboys right before Super Bowl X at the team hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. We were at the hotel right as the team bus pulled up, the players then mingled with the fans and gave out autographs. My mom got her picture taken with her heart throb Roger Staubach. It was great day for me and my family.

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
So! I met Tom Landry today. He and Elvis were having lunch at KFC. He's really ticked about the 3-4 defense too. :sshhh: :wink2: :thumbup:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Sometimes those guys are just having a bad day.....they are human and would like privacy......for the most part they are pretty nice.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
Sometimes those guys are just having a bad day.....they are human and would like privacy......for the most part they are pretty nice.
You know the bit about the 75 may be true on second thought because when players agree to do the shows they aren't allowed to sign things with out the fan paying for the auto so maybe he was disgusted that he wasn't able to sign the item and that's why he walked off...Who know's Emmitt has proven he's a class guy.....

TX_Yid

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
You know the bit about the 75 may be true on second thought because when players agree to do the shows they aren't allowed to sign things with out the fan paying for the auto so maybe he was disgusted that he wasn't able to sign the item and that's why he walked off...Who know's Emmitt has proven he's a class guy.....

Thats what I wondered too. It would be unfair to all those who had paid the money if he gave one out free at the event.

Just going off my meeting him today he's a nice happy guy... but then he was probably excited at meeting me and wanted to make a good impression ;)