Shots fired at Super Bowl parade

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Utopia resides in every other country but the USA? I wonder then why we have so many people crossing the border at record numbers. Maybe they didn't get the memo.
What the hell are you talking about? Comprehension issues?

plymkr

Reaction score
I think it really sucks that someone died and kids were shot on a day that was meant for celebration. It doesn’t have to be this way. People can’t live in fear to celebrate. Very sad. Prayers for the families involved. The whole situation just sucks. I get really bothered when people get hurt but especially when kids get hurt. Sucks. Not good.

Creeper

Reaction score
It looks like a gang thing. Gang violence accounts for about half of all gun violence in the US. You would think in 2023 the age of gangs would have passed but it is actually getting worse - although violence overall is down in the US.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Pathetic that people can resort to this low of a level. I mean.....kids were being shot....come on. I don't know what the answer is, and obviously getting into the weeds on this topic is forbidden on the forum, but it's sad that people can't even go enjoy a Super Bowl parade these days.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Pathetic that people can resort to this low of a level. I mean.....kids were being shot....come on. I don't know what the answer is, and obviously getting into the weeds on this topic is forbidden on the forum, but it's sad that people can't even go enjoy a Super Bowl parade these days.
Morals....people have a complete lack of morals these days.

Creeper

Reaction score
Understand the level of depravity involved in this case. These shooters had a disagreement and started shooting completely unconcerned with the lives and welfare of the people around them. Two were minors themselves and could not legally possess guns or carry them in public. What kind of cretin just shoots into a crowd with children around? Somewhere along the line we are failing at something. A fact to consider that may be relevant in this case. Just under 49% of all gun violence is gang related. I don't know what makes kids want to joins gangs, but that is an area where we should start looking for solutions.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Understand the level of depravity involved in this case. These shooters had a disagreement and started shooting completely unconcerned with the lives and welfare of the people around them. Two were minors themselves and could not legally possess guns or carry them in public. What kind of cretin just shoots into a crowd with children around? Somewhere along the line we are failing at something. A fact to consider that may be relevant in this case. Just under 49% of all gun violence is gang related. I don't know what makes kids want to joins gangs, but that is an area where we should start looking for solutions.
Kids join gangs to get a feeling of belonging, and sometimes because the believe the gang will protect them. I went to a horribly violent junior high, what we would now call middle school. There was violence there every single day, though there were no shootings. But the fist fight and knife violence was bad enough. A lot of it was racially motivated. You would try to make friends with tough kids in the hopes that they would protect you if you were attacked. I remember one kid told me about his white supremacy gang, and his "sales pitch" for it sounded appealing. I didn't join it, but I understood why kids did. I was fortunate. My parents finally took me out of that school and put me in a private Lutheran school.
I remember when the Columbine High School shooting happened. Most people were saying, "I can't believe this happened." I wasn't saying that at all. I was saying, "I'm surprised this didn't happen at my middle school."

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Too much anger these days. No respect for fellow humans. Look at these boards or social media. I left Twitter/X 2 yrs ago because the most innocent comment gets butchered. On Instagram someone posts a cute dog video and 1/2 the comments devolve into if the owner had the collar on right. I disagree with a lot of people here but know no one personally so I’m not going to attack personally. When I’m in the grocery store and nod and say “good day” to someone I dint know their religion/beliefs etc . It’s just being kind. People need to look inside and turn off the anger and respect each other

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
That source is BS. Fake.
Technically it's accurate. It amazes me that we don't have a firm definition of what a mass shooting is, but we don't. The FBI has a very open ended definition of what a mass shooting is and differs from situation to situation. The DOJ, at least in the past, has defined a mass shooting as having to result in 4 or more deaths. Technically under this definition the super bowl parade incident wouldn't even be considered a mass shooting event, which is pretty ridiculous.