should Barber go back to being the closer?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Wade says that they don't have any, "playing from behind" plays for Felix Jones, which is kind of a stupid reasoning because the Washington lead was never insurmountable at any point in the game, well I don't envision us being ahead in every game, plus Barber has been slow to get going the past 2 weeks, and has been very effective in the closer's role for his career

we need to get Felix involved in the game early and often, so as to make sure yesterday doesn't happen again, Felix can spread that 8-men in the box out if you give him some outside the tackle plays, like simple sweeps and out passes, take advantage of his receiving skills in the middle of the field to take a LB or a S out of the box, and then as the game goes on, pair both Barber and Jones in the backfield, and then motion Jones out as a receiver, you could run a delay or draw w/ Barber, his most successful rushing plays, or take the double off Witten, and throw to him, which worked really well on our 1st TD

Barber in the closer's role has been our most effective rushing offense, let's go back to it

Deep_South

Reaction score
With the amount of running we did in the 4th quarter yesterday, Tony's girlfriend could be the closer.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
No, that's ridiculous. I won't blame Barber because our philosophy using Jones is demented.

I have never heard of a player, no a weapon, being utilized only when we have the lead. It makes no sense and Phillips' excuse was insulting to my intelligence.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I keep Barber right were he is and that is starting. I don't change everything they have worked on this training camp because of 1 game. We lost so we move on but this team does not need to panic and change anything.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wade's a freaking idiot at times.

In some ways he's as stupid stubborn as what Parcells was.

To not get Felix Jones any touches on offense is beyond ridiculous.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2295387 said:
Wade's a freaking idiot at times.

In some ways he's as stupid stubborn as what Parcells was.

To not get Felix Jones any touches on offense is beyond ridiculous.

But I thought it was Garrett offense? This is too funny when we do great it is Jason is the man but have an off day and where is the blame on Garrett? No it falls to the HC

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander;2295384 said:
No, that's ridiculous. I won't blame Barber because our philosophy using Jones is demented.

I have never heard of a player, no a weapon, being utilized only when we have the lead. It makes no sense and Phillips' excuse was insulting to my intelligence.

idk man, it seems to me like they're force-feeding Barber the ball because he "deserves it", "is the feature RB now", like they are trying to make a point that he's their guy, and Felix isn't here to take his job away which he isn't

Felix is too good where this shouldn't be a time-share backfield

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2295385 said:
I keep Barber right were he is and that is starting. I don't change everything they have worked on this training camp because of 1 game. We lost so we move on but this team does not need to panic and change anything.

this isn't panicking

what I'm proposing takes heat off the running game, and the passing game

you read the part about using Felix to take the extra defender out of the box, which helps Barber and the running game, and pairing the 2 runners in the backfield, and motioning out Felix as a receiver to take the double off Witten? which helps the passing game?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2295394 said:
idk man, it seems to me like they're force-feeding Barber the ball because he "deserves it", "is the feature RB now", like they are trying to make a point that he's their guy, and Felix isn't here to take his job away which he isn't

Felix is too good where this shouldn't be a time-share backfield

Giving him the ball 11 times is hardly force-feeding him. The problem is that we didn't run the ball enough, not the mixture. We had no intention of running the ball to balance the offense. It looked like a case of Garrett trying to be clever and once again, he outsmarted himself which he can do.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander;2295409 said:
Giving him the ball 11 times is hardly force-feeding him. The problem is that we didn't run the ball enough, not the mixture. We had no intention of running the ball to balance the offense. It looked like a case of Garrett trying to be clever and once again, he outsmarted himself which he can do.

it's not just the games, hear Wade in the PCs

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2295404 said:
this isn't panicking

what I'm proposing takes heat off the running game, and the passing game

you read the part about using Felix to take the extra defender out of the box, which helps Barber and the running game, and pairing the 2 runners in the backfield, and motioning out Felix as a receiver to take the double off Witten? which helps the passing game?

Believe it or not I think the Cowboys do know what they are doing and no they should not change based on one game. We did not play up to our ability to we go back to work and get ready for the next team. It is that simple.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Much more Felix is in order. The earlier the better.

More handoffs, more short throws his way, more dumpoffs. Use him like Westbrook. The guy is a homerun threat every touch of the ball. Barber is not.

Cupcake and JG need to learn the concept of "change of pace" back.

Bob Sacamano;2295375 said:
Wade says that they don't have any, "playing from behind" plays for Felix Jones, which is kind of a stupid reasoning because the Washington lead was never insurmountable at any point in the game, well I don't envision us being ahead in every game, plus Barber has been slow to get going the past 2 weeks, and has been very effective in the closer's role for his career

we need to get Felix involved in the game early and often, so as to make sure yesterday doesn't happen again, Felix can spread that 8-men in the box out if you give him some outside the tackle plays, like simple sweeps and out passes, take advantage of his receiving skills in the middle of the field to take a LB or a S out of the box, and then as the game goes on, pair both Barber and Jones in the backfield, and then motion Jones out as a receiver, you could run a delay or draw w/ Barber, his most successful rushing plays, or take the double off Witten, and throw to him, which worked really well on our 1st TD

Barber in the closer's role has been our most effective rushing offense, let's go back to it

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2295375 said:

Wade should be fired for saying that. It reminds me of Coslet "we dont have a play for 4th down"

We wont win with Wade.

IF... IF we do... it will be in spite of him.

Thats not hater, thats not chicken little... thats not a knee jerk reaction to loss. I was over loss pretty quickly because I was thinking about our issues instead of loss.

Wade wont win. History repeats itself with him.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;2295393 said:
But I thought it was Garrett offense? This is too funny when we do great it is Jason is the man but have an off day and where is the blame on Garrett? No it falls to the HC

Sure it's Garrett's offense but the fish rots from the head down.

And it was Wade that came out with the malarkey about "Not having any plays for Felix when they were behind."

Holy mother of all creatures big & small-- what an absolutely moronic statement.

I hope the press in Dallas pursue that little quote at today's press conference.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2295415 said:
Believe it or not I think the Cowboys do know what they are doing and no they should not change based on one game. We did not play up to our ability to we go back to work and get ready for the next team. It is that simple.

thanks for totally not responding to what I actually wrote

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
There are no plays for your running back when you are behind? So you only use him when you are ahead? What an idiot Wade is, I've lost all respect for him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2295431 said:
thanks for totally not responding to what I actually wrote

You are talking a few plays, Dallas is not going to line both guys up in the back field as part of our base offense. Running some plays with both chances are that will happen

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2295415 said:

Absolutely disagree.

Even in wins we are not correcting problems. Problems have been veiled/disguised/ignore because we got a W.

We have agreed and disagreed in the past.

I think you may be totally off on this. Wade probably not back next year.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2295462 said:
You are talking a few plays, Dallas is not going to line both guys up in the back field as part of our base offense. Running some plays with both chances are that will happen

I didn't say that, I said later in the game they should

but they should alternate Felix and Barber as the RB, and give some outside rushing and passing plays to Felix to spread the front 7 out, to take 8 men out of the box, you'll be less apt to run-blitz when you know that there's another runner who can stretch the play out wide

I'm not talking about every, other play they alternate, but at least put Felix in the backfield in the place of Barber 25% of the 1st half plays, just give the D something to think about