Should CeeDee Lamb Get a Mike Evans Type Contract?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

Does this set the bar for Lamb, or does he get more than 26 a year

Doesn’t impact Lamb. Multiple receivers made more than this over the last couple years. This is basically a high end old man contract. It’s only 2 years because Evans might be done by the end of it (or will sign 1 more early retirement deal like Reggie Wayne did).

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Doesn’t impact Lamb. Multiple receivers made more than this over the last couple years. This is basically a high end old man contract. It’s only 2 years because Evans might be done by the end of it (or will sign 1 more early retirement deal like Reggie Wayne did).
He's 30

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lamb is gonna get at least 30 mil. Cowboys need to do it before Jefferson or Chase get their extensions. I kind of wonder if the WR position will be treated like the Rb position, with all the talent that's available annually.
It’s seems that those 3 players are waiting for the others to sign in order to reset the WR market.

I’m guessing that Jefferson won’t get his big money deal from the Vikings.

Aven8

Reaction score
Lamb is going to get paid folks and it will be 30 at minimum. I love Lamb and he has gotten better each year he’s been in the league. My only discord is seeing what GB did by drafting 4-5 WR’s that make up a committee. That’s not the norm, but it’s intriguing nonetheless.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lamb is going to get paid folks and it will be 30 at minimum. I love Lamb and he has gotten better each year he’s been in the league. My only discord is seeing what GB did by drafting 4-5 WR’s that make up a committee. That’s not the norm, but it’s intriguing nonetheless.
great thoughts but we tried that with our RB room and it didn't help us, hell we tried that at the start of last year

Aven8

Reaction score
great thoughts but we tried that with our RB room and it didn't help us, hell we tried that at the start of last year
Oh, I agree. That’s why I said it was intriguing. You have to pick the right players no doubt.

mardwin

Reaction score
Tyreek Hill is making $30M and he's considered the best WR in the business.

Tyreek Hill (2023): 16 Games: 119 Rec 1799 Yards 13 TDs
CD Lamb (2023): 17 Games: 135 Rec 1729 Yards 12 TDs

Yeah, CeeDee is getting paid.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tyreek Hill is making $30M and he's considered the best WR in the business.

Tyreek Hill (2023): 16 Games: 119 Rec 1799 Yards 13 TDs
CD Lamb (2023): 17 Games: 135 Rec 1729 Yards 12 TDs

Yeah, CeeDee is getting paid.
it's crazy in one year a player can have an amazing year, then ask for what the top guys are making (i'm not saying ceedee) just speaking in general, ceedee has been great and DURABLE his time here

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s seems that those 3 players are waiting for the others to sign in order to reset the WR market.

I’m guessing that Jefferson won’t get his big money deal from the Vikings.
he will like you said just waiting to see what's going to happen first

tm1119

Reaction score
$26M per year doesn’t mean that much when it’s $35M guaranteed.

Could easily be a 1 year deal with $10M signing bonus, $15M cap hit year 1, and then June 1 cut spreading out the reaming $10M over 2 years.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
$26M per year doesn’t mean that much when it’s $35M guaranteed.

Could easily be a 1 year deal with $10M signing bonus, $15M cap hit year 1, and then June 1 cut spreading out the reaming $10M over 2 years.
too many numbers for me yikes!! I hear ya though