Should CeeDee Lamb Get a Mike Evans Type Contract?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Tyreek Hill is making $30M and he's considered the best WR in the business.

Tyreek Hill (2023): 16 Games: 119 Rec 1799 Yards 13 TDs
CD Lamb (2023): 17 Games: 135 Rec 1729 Yards 12 TDs

Yeah, CeeDee is getting paid.
This is why the Cowboys need to draft a top WR with their 1st round pick. Someone with top speed and ability who will start opposite of CeeDee in Week 1. Cowboys can draft an O-Tackle in the 3rd - 5th rounds.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where is Dallas getting the money to pay CeeDee and others. They need to make some contract moves soon.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
it's crazy in one year a player can have an amazing year, then ask for what the top guys are making (i'm not saying ceedee) just speaking in general, ceedee has been great and DURABLE his time here
CeeDee has gone over 100 two years in a row. And both years he did it in 16 games. Its not a 1 year thing. He is well established

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
he will like you said just waiting to see what's going to happen first
I’m not sure. They drafted another 1st round receiver last year and he came in and played great. And they found out they could win without Jefferson.

Carson

Reaction score
Hey look another team with crap cap able to make moves

Rayman70

Reaction score
its good to be King. Right Mike? LOL My Lord, what a big win for him.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Lamb is gonna get at least 30 mil. Cowboys need to do it before Jefferson or Chase get their extensions. I kind of wonder if the WR position will be treated like the Rb position, with all the talent that's available annually.
I got laughed at for suggesting the WR is the new RB a week ago. I wasnt too fond of the excuse I was provided. Nothing agains the poster who responded to me. He didnt laugh at me either.

Can Lamb just not agree to anything until after Chase and Jefferson? How do you prevent Lamb just waiting? You cant draw a line and offer 29M but you have to sign it this week or let him walk. Seems like the ball is in Lamb's court on this.

mardwin

Reaction score
This is why the Cowboys need to draft a top WR with their 1st round pick. Someone with top speed and ability who will start opposite of CeeDee in Week 1. Cowboys can draft an O-Tackle in the 3rd - 5th rounds.
Dallas doesn't draft OL well after round 1.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dallas doesn't draft OL well after round 1.
The Cowboys don't draft WR well after round 1 either. Got to look at the bigger picture. CeeDee already made it known he's out to try to get the highest WR pay and set a record. That is going to seriously handicap this team. There are 3 legit WR1 studs to be taken in the 1st round. If 1 of them falls to us at pick #24, we would be beyond stupid to pass him up for an Olineman when there are 10 - 15 very good O-Tackles in this draft that one can be had in the 3rd round.

mardwin

Reaction score
The Cowboys don't draft WR well after round 1 either. Got to look at the bigger picture. CeeDee already made it known he's out to try to get the highest WR pay and set a record. That is going to seriously handicap this team. There are 3 legit WR1 studs to be taken in the 1st round. If 1 of them falls to us at pick #24, we would be beyond stupid to pass him up for an Olineman when there are 10 - 15 very good O-Tackles in this draft that one can be had in the 3rd round.
There are only 2 studs at WR in his draft and both will be draft inside the top 10, Marving Harrison Jr (Ohio State) and Rome Odunze. Everyone else is just a project.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
AC, CeeDee wants all the catches and the money.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
There are only 2 studs at WR in his draft and both will be draft inside the top 10, Marving Harrison Jr (Ohio State) and Rome Odunze. Everyone else is just a project.
Baloney.

You're leaving out Xavier Worthy (Texas), Brian Thomas Jr (LSU) and Adonai Mitchell (Texas).

These 3 ^^^ arguably are just as good as Marvin Harrisson Jr and Rome Odunze.