Should CeeDee Lamb Get a Mike Evans Type Contract?

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I got laughed at for suggesting the WR is the new RB a week ago. I wasnt too fond of the excuse I was provided. Nothing agains the poster who responded to me. He didnt laugh at me either.

Can Lamb just not agree to anything until after Chase and Jefferson? How do you prevent Lamb just waiting? You cant draw a line and offer 29M but you have to sign it this week or let him walk. Seems like the ball is in Lamb's court on this.
I agree, LSU, Texas, Oregon and Washington all have multiple players coming out. Then you throw in a stud like Harrison and it makes for a great class. The position is getting flooded with talent, and their more NFL ready than ever. I think in the next few years it'll be treated similar to the RB position. Pay the true #1 on your team but keep turning the roster behind him constantly...and if you hit on another stud, you can always trade him for picks.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
It’s seems that those 3 players are waiting for the others to sign in order to reset the WR market.

I’m guessing that Jefferson won’t get his big money deal from the Vikings.
I agree, I think they're gonna trade him for a haul! All though, if I was a team I dont know if I'd be jumping at the opportunity to give up a first and also pay him. I guess if your a team like the Ravens or the Chiefs you can give up a late first and give your QB one of the best weapons in the NFL.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Cowboys don't draft WR well after round 1 either. Got to look at the bigger picture. CeeDee already made it known he's out to try to get the highest WR pay and set a record. That is going to seriously handicap this team. There are 3 legit WR1 studs to be taken in the 1st round. If 1 of them falls to us at pick #24, we would be beyond stupid to pass him up for an Olineman when there are 10 - 15 very good O-Tackles in this draft that one can be had in the 3rd round.
there's some big boys out there too 6'4 and they have good speed

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I agree, I think they're gonna trade him for a haul! All though, if I was a team I dont know if I'd be jumping at the opportunity to give up a first and also pay him. I guess if your a team like the Ravens or the Chiefs you can give up a late first and give your QB one of the best weapons in the NFL.
it will take more than a late 1st for Jefferson

BlueStar22

Reaction score
He should get just south of the 30M mark and if the Jones boys were smart they would get this deal done now. However, we know they are not smart and will continue to be reactive rather than proactive. My guess is the Jefferson deal gets done first, Dallas will draft a receiver high this year and franchise Ceedee next year before letting him walk the year after.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He should get just south of the 30M mark and if the Jones boys were smart they would get this deal done now. However, we know they are not smart and will continue to be reactive rather than proactive. My guess is the Jefferson deal gets done first, Dallas will draft a receiver high this year and franchise Ceedee next year before letting him walk the year after.
They want to compete with Jefferson

Adreme

Reaction score
Doesn’t impact Lamb. Multiple receivers made more than this over the last couple years. This is basically a high end old man contract. It’s only 2 years because Evans might be done by the end of it (or will sign 1 more early retirement deal like Reggie Wayne did).
The only player with a real contract at higher AAV is Kupp but the extra length makes his better. Lamb will get more either way though.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The only player with a real contract at higher AAV is Kupp but the extra length makes his better. Lamb will get more either way though.
How do you mean? Davante and Tyreek both signed for higher AAV 2 years ago

mardwin

Reaction score
Baloney.

You're leaving out Xavier Worthy (Texas), Brian Thomas Jr (LSU) and Adonai Mitchell (Texas).

These 3 ^^^ arguably are just as good as Marvin Harrisson Jr and Rome Odunze.
Nobody in this draft comes close to these guys.

Adreme

Reaction score
How do you mean? Davante and Tyreek both signed for higher AAV 2 years ago
That’s why I said real. If I offer you 4 years 1 billion but the last year is 990 million not guaranteed then I offered you 3 years 10 million.

Look at Adams salary in 2025 and 2026. They structured that deal to cut him after this year at which point he will have gotten about 21m per year over the 3 years he was under contract.

Same with Hill but for 2026. There is a reason Hill’s base salary jumps from 20-21m in all the other years to 45m and it’s because that year is just to pad the AAV and won’t get paid.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you can afford that cap hit. I’m not sure if either KC or Baltimore has the room.

Adreme

Reaction score
I see what you’re saying, but that’s likely to happen with CeeDee and the others as well
It didn’t happen with Kupp, nor Deebo, nor Brown. The only major contract of any team that did anything similar was Von Miller who basically signed for 3 years 48m and not 6 years 120m.

That being said if Lamb wants 35n then yes you will see that game played but at 30m it will be a straight up balanced signing.