Should Cowboys treat Parsons like a RB?

Jkyle

Reaction score
Should Micah be treated like a RB in that the Cowboys should let him play out his contract and move on from him when it's up?
He is taking a pounding playing as an undersized DE and that is and will result in his body breaking down.
His tailoff as each season ends is obvious due to his body not being able to hold up at the same level from the beginning and teams are scheming him up knowing that he can be handled/eliminated certain ways.
I think he can still be very effective but if the Cowboys extend him, that would be about a 5-6 year contract at the highest paid level. He may have 2 or 3 more peak years left but not for 4-6 years.

cowboybish

Reaction score
Should Micah be treated like a RB in that the Cowboys should let him play out his contract and move on from him when it's up?
He is taking a pounding playing as an undersized DE and that is and will result in his body breaking down.
His tailoff as each season ends is obvious due to his body not being able to hold up at the same level from the beginning and teams are scheming him up knowing that he can be handled/eliminated certain ways.
I think he can still be very effective but if the Cowboys extend him, that would be about a 5-6 year contract at the highest paid level. He may have 2 or 3 more peak years left but not for 4-6 years.
NO... but I would absolutely see what we could get back in a trade for him this year (before he may start breaking down) rather than to pay him the world he's going to want on the next contract.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

Jkyle

Reaction score
I would be willing to get trade offers, but other teams may be hesitant knowing that he will require a massive Contract and that they would be on the hook for the same reasons/concerns mentioned above.
That would make it hard for the Cowboys to get a massive haul.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He’s a defensive MVP finalist. There will be a new defensive scheme this year. I don’t understand this thread.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would be willing to get trade offers, but other teams may be hesitant knowing that he will require a massive Contract and that they would be on the hook for the same reasons/concerns mentioned above.
:facepalm:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He’s a defensive MVP finalist. There will be a new defensive scheme this year. I don’t understand this thread.
Not when we do the usual and say "we like what we have here, I don't want to change anything they've been good at what they're doing!"

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think he's being given too much credit for being burned out, he gets breaks during the game for this reason. I just don't think he has it in him like other pass rushers do!

ATXSRT

Reaction score
Khalil mack was traded for 2 1sts and a bunch of other picks and then got the highest paid defensive contract in history. I think micah is better than mack in their careers and micah can line up anywhere. He'd probably get 2 1sts, and 2 2nds at least.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Khalil mack was traded for 2 1sts and a bunch of other picks and then got the highest paid defensive contract in history. I think micah is better than mack in their careers and micah can line up anywhere. He'd probably get 2 1sts, and 2 2nds at least.
And the Chargers are reportedly looking to trade Mack and are even open to moving Bosa.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Like just let him become a free agent?

This has to be a joke, right?

TheCritic

Reaction score
Ignoring the weird RB analogy, Parsons has not earned the "generational talent" award just yet. But it's not all Parsons fault. Everybody seems to think that Parsons should primarily be a pass rusher, but we've seen the results the last couple of seasons. He wears down going up against OL all the time. But there's also Parsons himself, the immaturity, the sense of entitlement. Personally I wouldn't pay him franchise QB money, but I accept that the Cowboys are going to do it anyway.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think everyone should wait to see him in a new defensive system before they make their decision on this guy, Quinn for some reason left this guy out to dry by allowing him to be triple teamed every game and never adjusting for it.