Should Dak even play this year? Or should he take a year off?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Don Meredith played with injuries that would've put most men in the hospital.
Thats probably true, but never a broken ankle.
now it is just imo that the ankle is probably the worst because it has to support the entire body weight. Dak weighs over 200 lbs, and add to that
the stress of cutting changing direction, and getting it hit or twisted in a sack or tackle.

I know Dak will play, and he has had the best medical care, but I would take a year off.
Guess we will see how it works out next season.

Reactions: CWR

Londonboy

Reaction score
I think His ankle will be fine.
I'm not an orthopaedic surgeon.
I've never examined Dak or had any involvement in his rehab.
But that's My opinion.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak got hurt on October 12. So That means he will have 11 months to recover before the season starts.

He is ahead of schedule with his rehab which was scheduled for an estimated four-to-six months.

Six months from his injury is middle April. Almost a full 5 months before the season opener.

What does all this mean? Dak doesn't need to sit out this season.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You Dak haters are a sad bunch. Even when there is 0 chance of your Dak hatred coming true, you have to reach for a new desperation low.

Too bad for you, Dak doesn't know how to slack off. He'll be back with a force come September.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You Dak haters are a sad bunch. Even when there is 0 chance of your Dak hatred coming true, you have to reach for a new desperation low.

Too bad for you, Dak doesn't know how to slack off. He'll be back with a force come September.

Dak will be back with a vengeance!!:muttley:
200.gif

Jeffkills

Reaction score
Remember when men were men?

I remember.

Not only we're they far less selfish, but they loved playing football, and loved winning more...

Dak's ankle? Seriously?

I can't ever accept the entire team being utterly ham-stringed, and forced to compromise itself so Dak could max out his contract..... Why's he on the team? Wrong type of guy... I'm sorry...

Look at Irvin's attitude RE the Dallas Cowboys, and you'll see quickly how Dak just doesn't fit properly... Anyway, hopefully an entire year will be jeopardized and recklessly entered, so Dak can pray to money, while nursing his poor ankle..

Cut bait, and make a move to draft a QB. Maybe we can go back and sign Tom Brady - despite the fact he's really an infant in Dak's shadow - in terms of ability.... That's not even opinion around here; people actually make that claim...

Cut bait, and demonstrate the way players are traded out; better to have a chance with a loyal TEAM, then to hit 800 with Dak seeking 45M/year...

Dak doesn't demonstrate the desire to retain the honor as our QB1, and hell, money's money, and money about it because I need more money...

Guy doesn't understand how to be a legend because he worships money instead of being obsessed with being the Dallas Cowboys' QB1.

I think this may be his final season..

Look to move away from Dak and Zeke, then start again with comparable players, while addressing the rest of the team, which really sucks..

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Romo was cleared to play, and 10 days later rebroke his clavicle ! Yeah he was fully recovered and medically cleared :rolleyes:

I will bump this thread when dak re injures his ankle.
That would be a hell of an “I told you so”.

Do you mind if the thread gets bumped if he doesn’t re-injure his ankle?

Brax

Reaction score
Ok now if it were me, and what all went into repairing his broken ankle, I dont think I would play on it this
coming season.
Better to give it all a full year from the time I can walk, to actually trying to play football.
If he plays this season, he could break it again, as there is no way it can be healed up completely.

The rigors of football and the hits he could take on that ankle, like someone grabbing his ankle and
then his body gets thrown another way, if it isnt totally healed up it could cause damage to that ankle, or
break it again.
I dont think it is smart for him to play this fall.
He will be healed so he will be playing. No debate no questions.

csirl

Reaction score
There's a big difference between being medically fit/recovered and being able to play pro sport at a high level. It is very rare for any pro athlete who's had a serious injury that prevented normal activities for months to hit the ground running on their return. It usually takes a while to get that last few percent of ability back. Sometimes they dont - even if they are officially recovered.

CWR

Reaction score
Hes gonna play, and he will be a force. I expect it will take him awhile before he runs the ball with purpose again. That said he's a competitor and once those juices start flowing he's not backing down.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Ok now if it were me, and what all went into repairing his broken ankle, I dont think I would play on it this
coming season.
Better to give it all a full year from the time I can walk, to actually trying to play football.
If he plays this season, he could break it again, as there is no way it can be healed up completely.

The rigors of football and the hits he could take on that ankle, like someone grabbing his ankle and
then his body gets thrown another way, if it isnt totally healed up it could cause damage to that ankle, or
break it again.
I don’t think this is a smart thread.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Either he gets cleared or he doesn't, that will settle it.

The real tricky part of this is when he gets in a real game and 300lb people start falling around his feet, do those feet get happy?

Alex Smith's problem wasn't his injury, it was what happened after the surgery with complications and infections. At one time, they feared he would have to have that leg amputated, it was that bad.

Prescott has never had to deal with an injury like this so the mental aspect becomes the real challenge. It's like an Achilles tear, some come back OK and some like Kevin Smith, are never the same player again. They say it takes almost a full season for RB's to really come back from a knee operation which made what Adrian Peterson did even that more remarkable. And Terrell Owens, that was an amazing comeback from his broken ankle.

One thing about Prescott, he's a mentally tough young man, he's had to be just to get where he's been. I do not think he's the type that could sit out this year and he will do everything to get back on that field for the opening game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
coming season.

break it again.

He is probably crying right now about it.