Should Dak even play this year? Or should he take a year off?

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
giphy.gif
He's at too critical of a crossroads to try this one.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Ok now if it were me, and what all went into repairing his broken ankle, I dont think I would play on it this
coming season.
Better to give it all a full year from the time I can walk, to actually trying to play football.
If he plays this season, he could break it again, as there is no way it can be healed up completely.

The rigors of football and the hits he could take on that ankle, like someone grabbing his ankle and
then his body gets thrown another way, if it isnt totally healed up it could cause damage to that ankle, or
break it again.
I dont think it is smart for him to play this fall.
thats insane he will never make that money back over his career, ever..ask Bell how that worked out for him..

BTW didnt he just sit out a year and make 32 mil? why would he give up 38 mil just on the off chance he could get hurt and make more free money rehabbing? sit out, lose 38mil , respect from the league and teammates and never get that money back so ? how does this make any sense?

so many people look at ASmith injurys as base and its not even close.. dak gets cleared he plays.. its in his best interest to play..theres no true upside to extend career if you cant make that money back..

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo was cleared to play, and 10 days later rebroke his clavicle ! Yeah he was fully recovered and medically cleared :rolleyes:

I will bump this thread when dak re injures his ankle.
That was way too fast. Plus, that collarbone had a notch in it that they should've fixed in 2010.

This is entirely different.

This isn't an ACL or Achilles. This was just a bad broken ankle with no major peripheral damage.
His timeline is more than adequate.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Terrell Owens, that was an amazing comeback from his broken ankle.
I am watching the SB with phil and NE now, and TO is limping back to the huddle, so he is playing on a bad ankle.
was this after his ankle injury? Is that what ended his career?

The broken ankle, like daks, where it was turned around backwards, Is worse than what people seem to think. The knee injuries are usually
ligaments not bones, and RG 3 broke his leg, and was never the same.
So yeah mental aspect does factor in.

I just think when a player breaks a bone, they need to let it heal totally, not just good enough to play on.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I am watching the SB with phil and NE now, and TO is limping back to the huddle, so he is playing on a bad ankle.
was this after his ankle injury? Is that what ended his career?

The broken ankle, like daks, where it was turned around backwards, Is worse than what people seem to think. The knee injuries are usually
ligaments not bones, and RG 3 broke his leg, and was never the same.
So yeah mental aspect does factor in.

I just think when a player breaks a bone, they need to let it heal totally, not just good enough to play on.
Dak would be 29 at that point going into that future season after a year off and that would come with even more drafted QBs in play. He would lose so much sitting out I don't think it has even occurred to him; or to me tbh until seeing your OP (not in put down way).

Dak's style was generally run only when needed, but not as a go-to. The Lamar Jackson/Kyler Murray type QBs would be a different story. If I were Dak, I would be eager to sign and get back on the field to have some security going forward with a new contract even if it isn't breaking the market.

Last edited: