Should Doug Free Start ?

khiladi

Reaction score
41gy#;2388290 said:
The Hotel played much better last week, and I look for him to get even better this week.

If his shoulder is not a problem any more, it is Proctor you should be worried about.

Doug Free is not the future at LT for the Cowboys. The fact that Adams played through that shoulder and looked really bad, tells me all I need to know about Doug Free. Plus, the Vikings third teamer destroyed him. Free lacks the size and strength that Jason Garrett and Hudson H. want at that positon.

Holland fits the mould, and this team is allowing Proctor, who has flat-out sucked, to continue to start and play. Anthony Henry has been playing horrible all year long and it finally took an injury for the coaching staff to start another player.

If I see Henry starting, I'm going to be angry....

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
BAT;2389215 said:
Maybe the better question is whether a two armed Free is better than an one armed Flozell.

I like one of the suggestions, slide Flo to LG and let Free man the LT spot. Coaches just have to figure out who the best starting 5 are, regardless of position and let them play. If Free is one of the best 5, then play him_Putting a TE on his side would also help out immensely.

It is just not that simple esp for an older player who's never played but one position. Sure LAllen did it but there aren't many like him.

Different footwork, calls, getting downfield, pulling, yada. Totally different game than on the outside. I don't think Flo has ever played guard and Bigg had. So had LA. I don't see him wanting that either. Not a good move IMO.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Larry brown said on the pregame show a few minutes ago that flozell has the same broken fifth metacarpal as romo and that his hand is really swollen and bothering him...HIs left shoulder is all banged up and so is his left hand but he doesnt want to miss any time.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
jobberone;2389846 said:
It is just not that simple esp for an older player who's never played but one position. Sure LAllen did it but there aren't many like him.

Different footwork, calls, getting downfield, pulling, yada. Totally different game than on the outside. I don't think Flo has ever played guard and Bigg had. So had LA. I don't see him wanting that either. Not a good move IMO.

Sometimes it is that simple. Flo has played guard, as a rookie, under Houck.

Flo has also played RT, every year he goes to the pro bowl. And he has played both positions (outside of LOT) pretty good.

Flo, if he is going to continue to play hurt, needs to protect that hand and shoulder (plus not be a liability). Slide him inside.

streetcredit

Reaction score
theebs;2389918 said:
Larry brown said on the pregame show a few minutes ago that flozell has the same broken fifth metacarpal as romo and that his hand is really swollen and bothering him...HIs left shoulder is all banged up and so is his left hand but he doesnt want to miss any time.

yeah he made it sound like it was just ugly to even look at his hand

Eskimo

Reaction score
theebs;2389918 said:

Then the coaches/med staff need to make the decision for him - he sits. No point in risking further injury in a game where we have almost no chance of winning.