Should Felix Start?

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2311083 said:
Yes, Felix should start.

He may be the best running back in the NFL.

You're not serious right? Don't get me wrong I really like Felix but I would take AD and McFadden over him.

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2311317 said:
You're not serious right? Don't get me wrong I really like Felix but I would take AD and McFadden over him.
I wouldnt take DMAC over him at this point AD yeah probly and I still think MBIII is a pretty darn tough back

BigBoy63

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2311083 said:
Yes, Felix should start.

He may be the best running back in the NFL.

Negative.. He is possibly the best rookie but not the best runningback. I don't think he should start unless Marion either gets traded or is injured

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Sure. He should start.

Then get pulled after the first play..... give heavy doses of Barber... then sprinkled in Jones when needed.

(Point being: who cares who starts... its about how the carries are split)

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
I have the opinion I had during all the Julius Jones vs MBIII debates. I don't care who has the "starter" label. If they are both getting adequate touches based on their performance, I'm happy. Felix does need to consistently get 12-15 touches IMO. Have they thrown to Felix yet?

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
viman96;2310724 said:
Barber is the man and has earned the right to be the starter. The only way he gets pulled is if he can not stop fumbling.

Yeah, you are absolutely right. That ONE fumble he has lost in his career has gone way too far. Bench him NOW!:rolleyes:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I like the combo as is. I like pounding them with Barber and then hitting them with Felix.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
That this question is seriously being asked after five games is a very, very good thing.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
I'll echo similar comments; I don't care who starts, they both need their touches in meaningful situations. I have a few concerns about play selection, etc. but I think RJ does well for the most part, the stats speak for themselves.

landryscorner

Reaction score
no no no, wrong, I think a defensive line is more tired as the game goes right? so it makes sense to use barber first, so far its working out great

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
landryscorner;2314027 said:
no no no, wrong, I think a defensive line is more tired as the game goes right? so it makes sense to use barber first, so far its working out great

Exactly, there is a big difference in the running game early in the game now, compared to last year. Barber can pick up positive yards easier, early on than Felix can. I'm not saying Felix can't gain positive yards, but it's easier for Barber early in the game.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
AmericasTeam31;2313968 said:
Yeah, you are absolutely right. That ONE fumble he has lost in his career has gone way too far. Bench him NOW!:rolleyes:

He has put it on the ground 3 times this year which is not acceptable. But my point was if he became a fumble machine then there would be cause to bench him.

silver

Reaction score
let's stay the way we are but involve felix more in the offense. there were times in this past game where felix was very hot and should've stayed in the game (like barber was last year) and was pulled after a couple of runs. i want to see felix more but barbe should continue to get the majority of the carries.

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
viman96;2314061 said:
He has put it on the ground 3 times this year which is not acceptable. But my point was if he became a fumble machine then there would be cause to bench him.

I understand your point, but I'm saying he's lost one in his career. And one "fumble" this year could be argued against, as he barely had control of a pass from Romo, who led him into the LB'er. Not his fault....

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Teague31;2310682 said:
think about it, you get a defense completely gassed from chasing the cat around for half a game and then bring in barber the slam the door. i still have doubts about barber being a full time back.
I really don't have a problem with the way things are right now, maybe if you add 3 or 4 more passes to Felix's touches, we'll get all we need from him.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Clove;2314218 said:
I really don't have a problem with the way things are right now, maybe if you add 3 or 4 more passes to Felix's touches, we'll get all we need from him.
It's a great idea, now that we got past getting enough carries for him.

The problem is getting Garrett to call that many passes for him, and then getting Romo to throw to him no matter who else he thinks might be open.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Teague31;2310682 said:
think about it, you get a defense completely gassed from chasing the cat around for half a game and then bring in barber the slam the door. i still have doubts about barber being a full time back.

Or how about you completely wear down the defense with a bull like Barber and then make the defense chase speedy gonzalez around for the remainder of the game.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
No, but they should slowly start to get back into the Julius/Barber style, in which both players get a similar number of carries with Barber possibly getting more, especially if we are sitting on a lead.

Right now, there may be some fear that he can't pick up blitzes and my not know the offense as well as Marion Barber.

Judging from how many touches Felix Jones got Sunday, we can assume the coaching staff is well aware that it was a huge mistake to limit this guy to 0 carries agains the Washington Commanders.

Nexx

Reaction score
how about starting felix in the second half? that gives barber ample time to rest and puts its deeper into the 2nd half for the barbarian to take over.