Should Hardy Appeal, or Nah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Congratulations on a post which could be one of the most hypocritical ones ever to appear on this forum.

Hey, I just call 'em like I see 'em.

I know where folks are lining up here and, hint, it's not where you're standing.

Maybe you should be asking yourself 'why'?

:huh:

Rogah

Reaction score
See above. Facts did become evident after the bench trial. As much interest as you appear to have you should be able to find it. People including corporations and the like pay settlements often without presumption of guilt because it's cheaper and comes with less publicity.
If you're talking about that article, it clearly states the defense had access to all the relevant statements and transcripts.

Rogah

Reaction score
Hey, I just call 'em like I see 'em.

I know where folks are lining up here and, hint, it's not where you're standing.

Maybe you should be asking yourself 'why'?

:huh:
I don't need to ask myself why, I know why: Because of the laundry he will be wearing on Sunday afternoons this autumn.

My opinion is in the minority in this forum - but solidly in the majority nationwide. Funny how everyone in the country can see something that many Dallas fans can't. Maybe you should be asking yourself 'why?'

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did prosecutors ever establish a pattern of domestic abuse inflicted by Hardy on anyone besides Holder?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't need to ask myself why, I know why: Because of the laundry he will be wearing on Sunday afternoons this autumn.

My opinion is in the minority in this forum - but solidly in the majority nationwide. Funny how everyone in the country can see something that many Dallas fans can't. Maybe you should be asking yourself 'why?'
That could certainly be the case. Could you substantiate your claim with something tangible and not hearsay?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Uh, ok, then what do you think the verdict at the bench trial was? Not guilty??

Do you understand the concept of chronology? The bench trial was not the end all be all in this case. The evidence was more full investigated AFTER the bench trial and the DA concluded the evidence alone(including those damning pictures you love to bring up) would not be enough to uphold the original verdict. Reasonable doubt was easily established and so the verdict was vacated. "Guilty" no more... no matter how much you wish it to remain.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

This is nothing ground breaking. It should come as a surprise to no one that a football team's fans want a good player to play.

My opinion is in the minority in this forum - but solidly in the majority nationwide.

Assuming your opinion is in the majority nationwide, again, that would be nothing ground breaking. There are 31 other teams in the NFL, and they all would love to see Dallas fail. None of them are too happy that Hardy signed with the Cowboys. I would certainly think that the majority of the fans would be thinking negatively of Hardy. Heck, the majority of the fans always go against the Cowboys moves. Again, it is 31 to 1.

Funny how everyone in the country can see something that many Dallas fans can't. Maybe you should be asking yourself 'why?'

You alluded to why in your first sentence. The laundry. It would be unreasonable to think that fans could be for Hardy because of team affiliation... and then to think it has no effect on those who pull against that team.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I know the answer.

Because they didn't put forth the time or energy to truly examine the case for themselves. But instead, checked their brains at the door and let the media give their opinions to them.

It's a common occurrence and part of an epidemic in the world. Many prefer to free themselves of the 'burden' of thinking for themselves and would rather have someone else do it for them.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Assuming your opinion is in the majority nationwide, again, that would be nothing ground breaking. There are 31 other teams in the NFL, and they all would love to see Dallas fail. None of them are too happy that Hardy signed with the Cowboys. I would certainly think that the majority of the fans would be thinking negatively of Hardy. Heck, the majority of the fans always go against the Cowboys moves. Again, it is 31 to 1.
It's customary for the general public to make rash judgments. Domestic abuse is a societal taboo. It wouldn't be surprising if general opinion, shaped outside information presented in the case, is adverse to Hardy. What would be much more relevant is general opinion shaped by access to information connected with the case. Those would be poll numbers I would be interested in reading.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
My personal feelings aside, he should absolutely appeal, but drag his feet on a hearing date until late August when his record will most likely be expunged. That means he will be 100% free and clear with no arrest record or mugshot per the state of North Carolina. He could actually make a case that he doesn't even deserve two games at that point. File an injunction and wait for the ruling.

Like I said, personal feelings aside, that is what I would push for if I were in Hardy's shoes.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Rogah

Reaction score
That could certainly be the case. Could you substantiate your claim with something tangible and not hearsay?
When Hardy was suspended 10 games, there was zero outcry (outside Dallas). If popular sentient was that he was actually innocent, you would have seen tremendous outrage.

Now the suspension is reduced to 4. Again, no national outcry, save those who think it isn't strict enough.

Anyone who thinks most people (outside this forum) think Hardy is innocent is just not even remotely in touch with reality.

MeTed

Reaction score
Whuh huh? What facts came out later that Hardy's defense counsel did not have access to?

(Please note that just because we didn't know something doesn't mean the defense attorney didn't have it.)
Yes, the fact that he was proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a criminal court of law is going a long way towards shaping my opinion.

I also am considering the fact that it cannot be reasonably denied he paid her an out of court settlement.
There has only been 1 finding to date: a guilty verdict. I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Wrong! Try again.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When Hardy was suspended 10 games, there was zero outcry (outside Dallas). If popular sentient was that he was actually innocent, you would have seen tremendous outrage.

Now the suspension is reduced to 4. Again, no national outcry, save those who think it isn't strict enough.

Anyone who thinks most people (outside this forum) think Hardy is innocent is just not even remotely in touch with reality.
You could have just replied with the word "hearsay" but thanks.

MeTed

Reaction score
Uh, ok, then what do you think the verdict at the bench trial was? Not guilty??

Guilty but not "beyond a reasonable doubt". That was not the standard of proof. A very important distinction.

Status
Not open for further replies.