Should Hardy Appeal, or Nah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I'm confident if Hardy was a Patriot Rogah would be a happy boy & not a bit upset by anything he did or didn't do.

MeTed

Reaction score
I don't need to ask myself why, I know why: Because of the laundry he will be wearing on Sunday afternoons this autumn.

My opinion is in the minority in this forum - but solidly in the majority nationwide. Funny how everyone in the country can see something that many Dallas fans can't. Maybe you should be asking yourself 'why?'

Because the minority took the time to investigate, review the facts and make an informed opinion. Non-Cowboys are not going to take the time because it doesn't involve their team.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Harvard University published a short pamphlet on recognition of domestic partner abuse:

http://www.health.harvard.edu/family_health_guide/recognizing-domestic-partner-abuse

It would be interesting to weigh information on Hardy's behavior, leading up to and including the alleged incident(s) of abuse provided by both the prosecution and the defense, and matching parallels to abusive behavior.

To me, this article is a prime example of what the problem is, in this specific case. If you read this article, which is labeled as "Recognizing domestic partner abuse", at no point does it acknowledge the fact that domestic abuse can be initiated by the female. All it points to is the male being responsible for abuse. At no point in this article does it even entertain the idea that it could be a female. This is the problem. The public's mindset on this issue is so slanted towards abuse being synonyms with males that there is no thought given to the idea that it could be a female. I would wager that in the majority of cases, it is probably male driven but I would also state, emphatically and with no hesitation or doubt, that it is not 100% male driven. The percentages may be towards males but it is not only a male issue. This is a real problem in our country but nobody really acknowledges it.

Rogah

Reaction score
Harvard University published a short pamphlet on recognition of domestic partner abuse:

http://www.health.harvard.edu/family_health_guide/recognizing-domestic-partner-abuse

It would be interesting to weigh information on Hardy's behavior, leading up to and including the alleged incident(s) of abuse provided by both the prosecution and the defense, and matching parallels to abusive behavior.
Interesting pamphlet. Says the abuse can take the form of pathological jealousy. The abuser tries to tell the victim where she can go and who she can see.

According to court documents, this whole thing started over Hardy's anger and jealousy at Holder's relationship with Nelly.

Rogah

Reaction score
Because the minority took the time to investigate, review the facts and make an informed opinion. Non-Cowboys are not going to take the time because it doesn't involve their team.
:facepalm:

Rogah

Reaction score
Wrong! Try again.
How is it wrong?

Newsflash: "Beyond a reasonable doubt" is the standard of criminal trials, including bench trials. I suggest you educate yourself further before attempting to correct people who clearly know more than you.

Rogah

Reaction score
You should make that your new avatar. I would guess that's what most people in the CowboysZone forum but nowhere else think of when they see your posts on this subject.
Fixed it for you.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You should make that your new avatar. I would guess that's what most people in the CowboysZone forum but nowhere else think of when they see your posts on this subject.
Fixed it for you.
Perhaps you would be willing to provide forums, etc. that you frequent, along with links and usernames, so that members here could discern your corrected assertation for themselves?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
No. This was an isolated incident.

He is only violent on the field
Not that it means anything, but his mother is a cop and his father a disciplinarian

Because his attitude is a little off people think he is capable of anything

When I first heard of the arrest I didn't want anything to do with him, but after reading a lot of articles I did a 180 and actually started following him on Twitter. He is an interesting guy that sure gets after the QB.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To me, this article is a prime example of what the problem is, in this specific case. If you read this article, which is labeled as "Recognizing domestic partner abuse", at no point does it acknowledge the fact that domestic abuse can be initiated by the female. All it points to is the male being responsible for abuse. At no point in this article does it even entertain the idea that it could be a female. This is the problem. The public's mindset on this issue is so slanted towards abuse being synonyms with males that there is no thought given to the idea that it could be a female. I would wager that in the majority of cases, it is probably male driven but I would also state, emphatically and with no hesitation or doubt, that it is not 100% male driven. The percentages may be towards males but it is not only a male issue. This is a real problem in our country but nobody really acknowledges it.

Exactly right! And posts in this thread talking about 'baseball bats' clearly illustrate the ignorance on the subject. Take a look on any site on the internet where the topic is discussed and it's 'the man should have walked/run away'. Seriously? Is this some Bizarro-land definition of equality?!?!?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
So what are we expecting from the Hardy camp? They've been quiet for nearly 2 weeks now. I'm certain there's a strategy to the timing of whatever decision they make.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ChldsPlay said:

Fixed it for you.

You should venture to that place - where everyone else agrees with you - and leave this one behind. Since nobody else thinks the way you do.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's certainly a significant problem but I wouldn't say it is the problem for this case. True or untrue, an accusation was made. At that point the prosecution was charged with proving Hardy's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

Consequently, the evidence must corroborate facts at this stage to prove guilt beyond reasonable doubt. In my opinion, there were few tangible facts outside provided conflicting testimony given by both the accused and the prosecution's primary witness--mainly, and possibly singularly, the photographs of injuries incurred by the alleged victim and the alleged attacker. Unless other irrefutable evidence was involved, the judge based her decision basically upon what she observed in the photographs. That, to me, is the real problem in this case. A judge, and not a jury of his peers, decided the visual evidence was so damaging that the stated accusations were deemed truthful. Testimony which the prosecution found so conflicting that they dropped the case after the fact and before the matter could be presented to an appeals court. The bench trial legally assigned powers which made the judge literally judge, jury, and executioner of decision solely on her opinion.

I have said it before and will do so again. I would love to see those photographs. TMZ, The Smoking Gun, whoever, is dropping the ball on this big time.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting pamphlet. Says the abuse can take the form of pathological jealousy. The abuser tries to tell the victim where she can go and who she can see.

According to court documents, this whole thing started over Hardy's anger and jealousy at Holder's relationship with Nelly.
So? Billions of people get upset every day over many things. The pamphlet outlines behavior leading up and/or inclusive of domestic abuse. Hardy allegedly got pissed off. Hopefully court documents contain a little more than that one supposed event.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Questions:

Did the prosecutor ever discuss the merits for issuing a subpeona for Ms. Holder to appear at an appeal court hearing? Or can a subpeona be issued only if a court hearing is scheduled to be convened?

Status
Not open for further replies.