Should Jerry go after Cowher?

newlander

Reaction score
I'll throw it out there, and I think it's a great idea. Can you imagine Romo with a solid O.Line and a power running game? Cowher also knows the 3/4 pretty darn well on the defensive side of the ball. I never liked Cowher and his obnoxious jaw in Pitt. but that's because I loathe the Steelers.His coaching is top notch, and he could turn this thing around in a hurry, believe me. Dont think for a second Jones won't try it, he has a billion dollar stadium opening in a couple seasons and cant afford for this thing to go backwards now. Could even turn over football operations to him: whatever it takes I say. Back up the Brinks truck Jerry, you wont be sorry;) :star:

neosapien23

Reaction score
Draft picks would have to go to Pittsburgh to get Cowher. He is still under contract. I wouldn't mind giving up a 4th rounder since Dallas got an extra one for Scott Shanlee, but I would give up nothing higher than a 4th for a coach.

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
neosapien23;1295522 said:
Draft picks would have to go to Pittsburgh to get Cowher. He is still under contract. I wouldn't mind giving up a 4th rounder since Dallas got an extra one for Scott Shanlee, but I would give up nothing higher than a 4th for a coach.

cowher isnt coming back next year, we would have to wait a year, so if we want cowher which i do we have to bring bill back for a year then get him.

newlander

Reaction score
I've already thought of that. Bring back Tuna for one more crappy year, and then he can retire and Cowher can step in. Just do it, because if you look around he's easily the best option in my mind. He's the real deal, but I don't honestly know if he would even be interested. Never hurts to ask, and money does talk. Jones knows all about that.

neosapien23

Reaction score
cowboyfan4life2;1295587 said:
cowher isnt coming back next year, we would have to wait a year, so if we want cowher which i do we have to bring bill back for a year then get him.

I don't know if Cowher really intends to take a year off. What everyone keeps forgetting about the Ronneys is that they were severely underpaying Cowher. I think he would have continued to coach if the Rooneys would have redone his contract. Even if the Cowboys wait till next year, they will still have to give up draft picks. Might as well get it done now if they want Cowher. Heck Cowher can even bring in his D Coordinator as the new coach will want his own coaching staff. Actually if you stop and think about it, this move could bring in 3 to 4 really good coaches.

Word Mofo

Reaction score
Nobody here has the patience for Cowher. 1 Superbowl win in 15 years? People are ready to assasinate Parcells after bringing us out of the NFL gutter and turning us into contenders.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Word Mofo;1295650 said:
Nobody here has the patience for Cowher. 1 Superbowl win in 15 years? People are ready to assasinate Parcells after bringing us out of the NFL gutter and turning us into contenders.

He was constantly in the playoffs and has a much better record than parcells the past 4 years. Why should people not want to assissinate Parcells. He cooked the meal and bought the groceries. The meal stunk.

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
Word Mofo;1295650 said:

contenders for what, we havent won a playoff game, this team continues to choke games away, what has he done for us, any decent coach could have improved the situation it was at rock bottom

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Word Mofo;1295650 said:
People are ready to assasinate Parcells after bringing us out of the NFL gutter and turning us into contenders.
Losing 4 of the last 5 and going 9-7 and a wild card loss doesn't mean you are a contender.

Aikbach

Reaction score
No, Bill will live out the contract and then he's going after Les Miles.

neosapien23

Reaction score
SuperCows5Xs;1295711 said:
I wish we could trade owners with the Steelers.

No way. There is a reason that Cowher resigned in the first place. The Rooneys are cheap. Bring back the Jimster Jerry. I bet he would still be willing to coach.

newlander

Reaction score
Ummmm, I thought this was the last year of his deal? It's late, so humor me. Or did he get a one year extension? Can't remember now.......

Aikbach

Reaction score
newlander;1295755 said:
Ummmm, I thought this was the last year of his deal? It's late, so humor me. Or did he get a one year extension? Can't remember now.......
2008 his rights are owned through that time.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
i'd have to think that we have to try to keep bill for another year and then make a move for Cowher.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
neosapien23;1295737 said:
No way. There is a reason that Cowher resigned in the first place. The Rooneys are cheap. Bring back the Jimster Jerry. I bet he would still be willing to coach.

Well cheap won them a Superbowl last year, it seems that all the money Jethro throws around has got us a team that can't get a field goal off the ground. Maybe the Steelers just spend money wiser than Jethro.

I agree with the Jimster part about bringing him back.

neosapien23

Reaction score
newlander;1295755 said:

Cowher still had one year left in his contract. The Rooneys would not give him a new contract so he resigned with 1 year left. Next year is the last year in his contract. Even if he takes a year off, he is still under conract and Pittsburgh would be given compensation.

newlander

Reaction score
The NFL network reported that Pitt. offered Cowher a multi-year deal at 6.75 mil per season! And he had the balls to turn it DOWN. I just think he feels like he's done all he can there. Time for a new challenge. We're relatively close and have a good foundation with an owner that will spend anything it takes to win. If Jones agrees to turn over the football operations to someone Cowher's comfy with.....ya never know. I'd be pumped for it. No offense guys, but Jimmy is NOT coming back. TV is cushy and the fire is gone. He's history believe me.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
I don't think Cowher would work for someone like Jethro, he just got done working for a great owner, probably the best owner in the NFL, i'm envious.