Should Jerry go after Cowher?

neosapien23

Reaction score
SuperCows5Xs;1295957 said:
I don't think Cowher would work for someone like Jethro, he just got done working for a great owner, probably the best owner in the NFL, i'm envious.

You don't realize the power of money. Jerry Jones is not a bad owner, but he is a bad GM. He has no bussiness making personal decisions. You really think the Rooneys are better than Jones. I have to respectfully disagree with you. If the Rooneys were so great they would have made Cowher the highest paid coach. His players love him and play hard for him no matter what.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
neosapien23;1296025 said:
You don't realize the power of money. Jerry Jones is not a bad owner, but he is a bad GM. He has no bussiness making personal decisions. You really think the Rooneys are better than Jones. I have to respectfully disagree with you. If the Rooneys were so great they would have made Cowher the highest paid coach. His player love him and play hard for him no matter what.

The Rooneys offered Cowher a $6.75mil per year contract and he turned it down, I don't know if it was the biggest contract for a coach but it's probably close.

I watched the Cowher resignation PC yesterday and I was impressed with all of them, classy is the best word to describe the Steelers org. Now don't get me wrong I hate the Steelers any good Cowboys fan should but I'm envious about what they have in stability of an organization.

Now on to Jethro. I don't think you can separate Jethro the owner from Jethro the GM. His business tactics (marketing) are too entangled with his managing of the team. Jethro cares about money first and winning somewhere down the line, this hurts the product on the field. Jethro has to pay for $675mil of a 1 billion dollar stadium and IMHO he can't do it by giving players and coaches Superbowl bonuses and rings.

Jethro works harder at selling the garbage product on the field to fans than he does turning the team into something special. Every year he gets fans excited about his lack luster team by signing a T.O. or some other free agent and as soon as the last home game is sold out the team crashes and burns I think he does this by design and I hope I'm wrong about that, there would be no hope for them to win again if that is right. But it's something I have wondered about for awhile now, no proof, just wonder by looking at the signs over the years.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
One word "Yes" but you have to question that, why?, because of the simple fact some of these players have an attachment to Parcells, but I feel Fergi is on this team just from what Deion Sanders refered to as the past.

Parcells is really caught up in the past. But really I would like to see Jimmy Johnson back for me to be convince that we could win a superbowl.

If you want to go there, go with the team tradition, 4-3, Jimmy Johnson. I feel that Dave Wanstead would join as a defensive cordinator and we possibly could get Norv Turner as a offensive cordinator since their coach leaving to coach Alabama. Just wishful thinking, a little food for thought.

I do like Bill Cowher and I believe he could patten our 3-4 into something dominant. I rather have Jimmy Johnson coach this team. I feel that we're young and we have a balance between experience and nonexperience. I feel like the only person that convince Jimmy Johnson back is Jerry Jones. I believe this is the top on my wishlist and Randy Moss would sure be likely to complement T.O. nicely. I believe once Parcells leaves a whole lot of his players is going to leave with him like Terry Glenn, Drew Bledsoe, Jason Fegurson, Marco Rivera (a player I think should consider retirement), Aaron Glenn, Jason Fabini (Who was rarely used), and Kyle Kosier (who wasn't a Parcells Player but this who Parcells wanted because he was in shape.).

Really I couldn't imagine Jimmy Johnson coach two different personalities but for the right price I believe anything is possible. I would love to see Terrell Owens and Randy Moss co-exist with Jimmy Johnson as the head coach. I get goose bumps thinking about it.