Should Jerry Jones and company continue with the "prove it to me" mindset?

fivetwos

Reaction score
That’s the sad state of this team. Just a yearly blame game except when it comes to the actual problem. Of course the players and coaches are faced with the impossible task of somehow proving Jerry and his kid aren’t absolute crap.. again and again!
They will fall on their faces. It’s coming. Promise.

What they think is a proven plan isn’t sustainable. Absolutely no one drafts well enough to make it work, even though the narrative has somehow become that they do.

They don’t, and it’s why this roster is in the state that it’s in.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
and I agree with your emotions on supporting this team, a lot of people say they're going to stop doing this and boycott, but as soon as we score that first touchdown, we're happy and celebrating this team as nothing bad happened. If fans really could get away from the team that they love and show Jerry our displeasure, it would be a great show of unity, and hopefully it would force his hands to listen to the fans and what they're saying. In the end the money they make etc etc, what do they really have to care about. They're winning without winning
Yes there are still a lot of people like this, especially outside of the forum bubble. They buy a jersey every now and then, maybe a hat... and go to a game whenever they are in the area every two years or so. And I bet Jerry could fill his stadium just with them every time. Maybe that's been Jerry's strategy all along. Getting rid of the critical fans. Sell all ST to corporations, let the Dak fans buy the merch and fill the rest of the house with casuals. Money's gonna be the same either way.

Still, I made the "no more money from me" decision a couple of years ago and it all feels better this way. Not trying to make a point or to convince anyone.. just made that decision for myself. They won't go all in, I won't go all in. Simple as that.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What a shock to all of us in not knowing what Jerry will do with the face of the franchise, the head coach, def coordinator who are all on 1 year deals. Should we continue to make coaches and players prove it to them that they should be given an extended deal to stay with this franchise. For years we've had an issue of hanging on to players for too long, for whatever reason it was. Or us giving big deals to players who maybe shouldn't have received it. How do you like our current approach, is it sustainable, is it even realistic? Is Jerry just putting on a tough guy stance, yet only to cave in and give the players/coaches what they want?

Please give your thoughts
I think at this point Jerry should go full-Castanza! Do the exact opposite of what he would normally do every time.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yes there are still a lot of people like this, especially outside of the forum bubble. They buy a jersey every now and then, maybe a hat... and go to a game whenever they are in the area every two years or so. And I bet Jerry could fill his stadium just with them every time.

Still, I made the "no more money from me" decision a couple of years ago and it all feels better this way. Not trying to make a point or to convince anyone.. just made that decision for myself. They won't go all in, I won't go all in. Simple as that.
I’ve done the same but mostly because I don’t need merchandise since I’m humiliated to wear it.

I want no one associating me with the buffoon that everyone thinks of when they think Cowboys. Garbage human being and beyond futile as a GM.

Things like boycotting may have worked way back when, but now with the TV money and PSLs it won’t matter. Profit is guaranteed. What you’re allowed to spend is built into that.

The only hope is pure embarrassment by what happens on the field. Being pretty good, yet not good enough, gets them by, and they can comfortably get on the radio multiple times a week and act as if the Super Bowl is imminent.

But this roster will be so top heavy over the next few seasons that just maybe there’s a shot, although the excuses will be lined up in advance. It’s always someone else’s fault, never the front office. Of course not. Exactly who on earth is smarter than them according to them?

Big_D

Reaction score
They will fall on their faces. It’s coming. Promise.

What they think is a proven plan isn’t sustainable. Absolutely no one drafts well enough to make it work, even though the narrative has somehow become that they do.

They don’t, and it’s why this roster is in the state that it’s in.
The stadium is always packed, the fans flock to camp. Even if they fall on their faces, nothing happens. Same issues every single year and they never know how to fix it. They don't seem worried about failure, it simply doesn't affect them either way.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The stadium is always packed, the fans flock to camp. Even if they fall on their faces, nothing happens. Same issues every single year and they never know how to fix it. They don't seem worried about failure, it simply doesn't affect them either way.
They don't view it as failure. At this point Jerry is just worried about his overall win/loss record. He already has 3 SB's.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
With Dak? Absolutely.

They don't usually wait until the last minute if they can sign a guy early.

The problem IMO has been their self scouting. They will fall in love and overvalue players.

Big_D

Reaction score
They don't view it as failure. At this point Jerry is just worried about his overall win/loss record. He already has 3 SB's.
True, but even if they won 4 games a year for the next decade, it would have no affect. What would change at that point besides firing the coaches and moving on from players? Nothing at all.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Sure wish that mindset applied to the FO......they would have been canned two decades ago.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
In the biggest game of the year these guys showed what they are made of. Pay them, don't pay them, it doesn't really matter. To think we are better off with these guys on massive deals is simply not true.