Should Micah and Ceedee be hesitant about a new contract with Dallas?

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Absolutely.

Ceedee is totally dependent on a QB. Why stay in Dallas if they are going to undergo a QB search? Not like other teams can’t offer him the same or better long term offers.

Micah - why stick around for a rebuild where they need to find the hardest position? Again, teams will be lining up to pay him.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Seeing what the leader of the franchise is currently going through, could this cause them to be hesitant to do a deal with the cowboys. Stuff like this is seen by the players in the locker room, it can have a negative affect. If they felt the cowboys are in a small rebuild, would they want to be a part of that? Please post your thoughts
What if Prescott is asking for $65 to $70 million per year! I’m all for making him the highest paid QB but that would be around $55 million but if rumors are true he wants way north of $60. Unfortunately, Dak has proved he needs pieces around him to be successful, that can’t happen with a contact extension like 3 years $200 million.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
People are acting like they can't get paid elsewhere, if they really want to win, and they see how Dak is being treated why would they want to be a part of this

leeblair

Reaction score
Seeing what the leader of the franchise is currently going through, could this cause them to be hesitant to do a deal with the cowboys. Stuff like this is seen by the players in the locker room, it can have a negative affect. If they felt the cowboys are in a small rebuild, would they want to be a part of that? Please post your thoughts
They should be hesitant to sign if Dak gets an extension.
They will either have their careers wasted, become a scapegoat, or both.
Unless Jerry shows that he isn't going to be gullible and stupid by signing Dak to an extension, they should walk.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Lamb will sign a contract making himself the highest paid WR in the league, that is until Jefferson signs and then Chase.
Same with Parsons, his contract will be similar to Bosa - making him the highest paid defensive players in the league. In my opinion these two are top three in their positions and deserve to get paid. The problem with Prescott is he wants to reset the market as a top 10 player at the position. Just looking at contract length, he would reset it for awhile unless Love or Lawrence go crazy.

fivetwos

Reaction score
How do you ask Prescott to take a reduced number so they can build around him when they haven’t added one single high end free agent since he was drafted?

I’d just be gone if I’m him.

Thing is many QB needy teams are going to draft them early this year, so his market may be limited.

That’s probably Jerry’s plan…win the next Dak negotiation and throw away a season to try to do it.

Then what? Still rely on fifth round picks to be studs? Yeah ok.

Chasing6

Reaction score
It's very simple. Do they want to win a ring? If they do, then it's a no brainer they need to finish their contracts in Dallas and go into free agency and sign with a contender. We have been a fool's gold contender for almost three decades.
Especially with an unknown at QB next year.

shabazz

Reaction score
Players don't sign here looking for Rings. Players sign here looking for a paycheck. Both of these guys will be the highest paid player at their position and won't sniff a ring.
The same could be said for the players on at least 20+ other teams.....no chance of a ring, just the cash

The difference is the endorsements and job opportunities that comes with being a Cowboys or ex Cowboys player.

Chasing6

Reaction score
We’ve been rebuilding for 28 years.
Have we? I recall not being afraid of going 1-15. Or maybe that was unintentional. Trading Herschel Walker.

That is rebuilding.

Hard to rebuild drafting between 18-24 and adding no one in free agency.

Last edited:

Chasing6

Reaction score
They would be wise to take a look at all the careers that have been wasted by the Jones' over the past 30 years. If you want a ring go elsewhere, if you want a star on your helmet and will settle for cash then stay.
That is the problem. They will want to be highest paid by position, since they know they can't win here. Then we will not have money too build a team.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Players who are offered very good money to sign an extension just about to have to take the deal. Injuries (serious injuries) are a way of life in the NFL. Waiting for a contract to expire to move on to a team with a better chance of winning playoff games is risky. Just about have to take the big $$$ from a security point of view and hope for better things to come. This is especially true if much of the money in the new contract is guaranteed.

Chasing6

Reaction score
How do you ask Prescott to take a reduced number so they can build around him when they haven’t added one single high end free agent since he was drafted?

I’d just be gone if I’m him.

Thing is many QB needy teams are going to draft them early this year, so his market may be limited.

That’s probably Jerry’s plan…win the next Dak negotiation and throw away a season to try to do it.

Then what? Still rely on fifth round picks to be studs? Yeah ok.
How can you ask Prescott anything when you don't talk to him???

What GM and Owner does not talk to their QB???

bewp7

Reaction score
no lol

this is the best place ever for people like micah and ceedee

they are both no show losers just like dak, mccarthy, and every one else

where else can u get paid with no expectation to perform or win a super bowl or even show up in the playoffs

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Definitely. You can see Parsons wants to hoist a trophy someday. He can't be happy with the team doing absolutely nothing. He should do his time and move on. Same for Lamb if the plan is to hopefully win something in their careers. If it's just money they want, then we'll see very soon.
You really undervalue the financial opportunities these players get just by being Dallas Cowboys and all the spotlight they all love.

Every single player in all sports value money over rings. Every one. No player is turning down a huge contract extension from Dallas. Guarantee it. If they don't sign, it will only be because they think the offer is too low.

Also, Parsons and Lamb are disappearing acts in the playoffs. Exactly what are they doing to help the team? Lamb dropping passes, Parsons nowhere near the QB or disrupting plays. But I guess we aren't at the point to give out blame to these guys? Only a very select few get any blame, 95% of it being one guy we all know.

Dallas is perfect for Parsons and Lamb. They are losers who love not being accountable when it matters. Parsons is worried more about his podcast and arguing on Twitter. Make a ton of money and get zero blame. If Parsons disappeared for 3 straight playoff with other fanbases, he'd be crucified. Same as Lamb. But they have it made here. With our fanbase, we just blame one single guy

ArtClink

Reaction score
Have we? I recall not being afraid of going 1-15. Or maybe that was unintentional. Trading Herschel Walker.

That is rebuilding.

Hard to rebuild drafting between 18-24 and adding no one in free agency.
Rebuilding, 28 years of “bad luck”, the karma of nepotism, extreme hubris, or whatever you wanna call it.

ArtClink

Reaction score
They would be wise to take a look at all the careers that have been wasted by the Jones' over the past 30 years. If you want a ring go elsewhere, if you want a star on your helmet and will settle for cash then stay.
Great point.

Big_D

Reaction score
You really undervalue the financial opportunities these players get just by being Dallas Cowboys and all the spotlight they all love.

Every single player in all sports value money over rings. Every one. No player is turning down a huge contract extension from Dallas. Guarantee it. If they don't sign, it will only be because they think the offer is too low.

Also, Parsons and Lamb are disappearing acts in the playoffs. Exactly what are they doing to help the team? Lamb dropping passes, Parsons nowhere near the QB or disrupting plays. But I guess we aren't at the point to give out blame to these guys? Only a very select few get any blame, 95% of it being one guy we all know.

Dallas is perfect for Parsons and Lamb. They are losers who love not being accountable when it matters. Parsons is worried more about his podcast and arguing on Twitter. Make a ton of money and get zero blame. If Parsons disappeared for 3 straight playoff with other fanbases, he'd be crucified. Same as Lamb. But they have it made here. With our fanbase, we just blame one single guy

Undervalue what? If any of that was remotely true then every Cowboy past and present would be much better off financially than the rest of the league. I remember Jaylon Smith peddling his CEV and no one gave a crap. Players all over the league are doing OK financially. If you're good a team will pay and if you're selling something worth buying people will buy. That Cowboy privilege is long gone. Let's hear about all these opportunities? There's got to be a lot I would guess in 64 years.

Sure we'll blame the guys still on a rookie deal not the QB now heading into year 9 taking up 25 percent of the cap. Can you look anymore lost or frightened than Dak come playoff time? I guess some fans just don't get tired of it.