Should Micah and Ceedee be hesitant about a new contract with Dallas?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
How can you ask Prescott anything when you don't talk to him???

What GM and Owner does not talk to their QB???
Per the CBA, unless a player represents himself, teams must negotiate contracts with the player’s agent, not the player. My guess is any conversation with France would be less cordial than Jerry is used to. They likely have called France and are aware of what he and Dak are thinking. The result is no contract extension will be offered. France and Prescott, unlike Jerry Jones, wisely do not discuss anything publicly. He knows that could make other teams cautious to negotiate with him for Dak and the other players he represents. He’s a professional. Jerry is overmatched.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’d trade them both for a stock pile of picks and start rebuilding now
What good would that do for this organization? They would muddle up any transaction and then deal foolishly with the team.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It might depend on what Lance and Zimmer show. I think both these guys want to be winners.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seeing what the leader of the franchise is currently going through, could this cause them to be hesitant to do a deal with the cowboys. Stuff like this is seen by the players in the locker room, it can have a negative affect. If they felt the cowboys are in a small rebuild, would they want to be a part of that? Please post your thoughts
The CD man is NOT a Hill or Jefferson caliber WR.
Micah should be paid but is he better than Watt?
What Dak is going through is called not living up to the BAG he got 3 years ago.
Do you know many bosses who pay employees who have failed at their Jobs?

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Cap wise things would be really tight by paying Prescott top QB money on a long extension and Lamb top WR dollars followed closely by paying Parsons top dollar for a defensive player. Something pretty much needs to give. The smart move is to keep the older player (Dak) where he is and make the Parson decision next season. Deal with the Lamb extension this season.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
The CD man is NOT a Hill or Jefferson caliber WR.
Micah should be paid but is he better than Watt?
What Dak is going through is called not living up to the BAG he got 3 years ago.
Do you know many bosses who pay employees who have failed at their Jobs?
I can name two but I'd choose not too!!! Man they need to make you a mod or or or give you a job in the organization, this post is spot on!!!!!

The first two lines are life changing!!!

Cmac

Reaction score
People are acting like they can't get paid elsewhere, if they really want to win, and they see how Dak is being treated why would they want to be a part of this
Not sure why they would stay......especially CeeDee (despite Mom's claims). His numbers will drop immediately the moment a young QB is behind center.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Not sure why they would stay......especially CeeDee (despite Mom's claims). His numbers will drop immediately the moment a young QB is behind center.
hell they might go up who knows, maybe the young QB can throw a better ball in the playoffs not making your top guy get mad at the start of the game

Creeper

Reaction score
Jerry needs to decide now if he is willing to pay these two guys. If not, then yes, he needs to put them on the trade block and get as much as he can for them. CeeDee should net a 1st round pick, and Micah should net more than that. If he wants to win on the cheap or build through the draft then this is how he should do it. Stock up on quality draft picks and keep fielding young teams. When he picks excel, then trade them for more picks. It won't work but if you want to go cheap this is the only way to do it with a chance of winning.

Qcard

Reaction score
This would actually be something to see if players start refusing to resign?
Actually…..the next generation of college players DON’T care for the 90s era or that Jerry Jones is the main the reason the NFL is a Billion dollar industry. NFL Free Agents LAUGH at the idea that somehow the Dallas Cowboys star elevates players in the year 2024 with NIL and social media.…..Stephen Jones walking into negotiations with DADDY’S bank account is tired a 19th century movie :lmao: :lmao:

Dakota Prescott earned his contract. I don’t care IF Jerry Jones like him or not…..If we went by Jerry’s likes and comfortability we would be stuck with Johnny Manziel and Paxton Lynch.

WHILE WE ARE JUST WAITING AROUND TO LUCK INTO OUR NEXT QB…………pay Prescott till someone takes the job in camp And suffer the dumb narrattives

Qcard

Reaction score
It's alright, many around here want to blow it up....they might get their wish....we'll get some good comp picks! Lol
Dirty little rumor…….CeeDee Lamb wants a different Jersey number. Even the players are getting sick of living up to rants:lmao:

Cmac

Reaction score
hell they might go up who knows, maybe the young QB can throw a better ball in the playoffs not making your top guy get mad at the start of the game
Two words to surmise........"maybe" the young QB and "your" top guy.......I'll stick with the objectives when we watch during the rebuild from any new and young QB.

Mikexike

Reaction score
Seeing what the leader of the franchise is currently going through, could this cause them to be hesitant to do a deal with the cowboys. Stuff like this is seen by the players in the locker room, it can have a negative affect. If they felt the cowboys are in a small rebuild, would they want to be a part of that? Please post your thoughts
Just maybe CD and Micah went to jerry and said don't resign dak, let him play his contract out and get us a new QB when we sign our new deals.

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
I don't think Micah has an allegiance to the franchise and is easily swayed by fans/social media. I doubt he sticks with us if we play hardball with him.

Big_D

Reaction score
Micah has been oddly quiet so far through this disaster of an offseason?!

Rayman70

Reaction score
yes they should be hesitant but so should Dallas. Not sure Dallas wants to resign these guys that bad. Because they have to pay alot of big contracts out. We cant rule out a trade.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
If I am Micah or CeeDee, then the Cowboys are going to have to put the franchise tag on me. I ride it out for the money and then If I want a SB ring, sign with a contender.