Should our players take team friendly deals?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Is it smart for these players to take less money, when this team has an issue with spending in free agency? I mean they're saving money to do nothing, can someone please make it make sense??

You'd think as cheap as we can be in our spending, we were saving up to make a big move. The big move for us, is our current players being taken care of with new deals!

Can we get rid of the "insanity" and make some moves with this money. There's talk of creating all this cap space, but what good is it if we don't bring substantial help from the outside. Please discuss!!!

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
In theory that sounds nice, but from the player and the agent’s perspective you see how they caved to Martin, you see how they caved to Zeke, you see how they caved to Dak, you see what they gave Diggs and DLaw and Amari… why are you now the one that needs to take one for the team?

ATXSRT

Reaction score
Texas doesn't have income tax, and Cowboys players notoriously make a ton on endorsement deals. So there's that. Whether the player takes a team friendly deal, probably not. It's not in their best interest to take a deal. Average NFL player lifespan is not that long.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
In theory that sounds nice, but from the player and the agent’s perspective you see how they caved to Martin, you see how they caved to Zeke, you see how they caved to Dak, you see what they gave Diggs and DLaw and Amari… why are you now the one that needs to take one for the team?
Very good points!!!! They take good care of them for sure

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Why should they, it is not their fault the team screwed up.

Unless they know the money will not be that great anywhere else. And it is too inconvenient to move or move their families. Or commute back and forth or be away from them.
Yeah that alone would be enough

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Should our players take team friendly deals?​

Define 'team friendly' from each player's perspective. Every player will overvalue their worth in relation to their teammates, even if specific teammates share their particular position.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
So why do fans get mad at certain players for making too much
Just my thoughts but it seems like they just don't think those players should get top dollar for mediocre results. They feel those salaries should only be given to players who are dominant every single game, even though that's a rare thing these days. On one hand, I get it. You don't want the cap tied up on a bunch of players who've shown their best isn't good enough....

On the other hand, none of us would take less money at a job where we know there's only 5-10 people in the whole world better than you.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Texas doesn't have income tax, and Cowboys players notoriously make a ton on endorsement deals. So there's that. Whether the player takes a team friendly deal, probably not. It's not in their best interest to take a deal. Average NFL player lifespan is not that long.
What endorsement deals? Who created this myth? And what do endorsement deals have to do with a player wanting to be paid what his peers are paid?

Hardline

Reaction score
No state income tax ever factors in. Most Cowboys don't get endorsement deals

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giIs it smart for these players to take less money, when this team has an issue with spending in free agency? I mean they're saving money to do nothing, can someone please make it make sense??

You'd think as cheap as we can be in our spending, we were saving up to make a big move. The big move for us, is our current players being taken care of with new deals!

Can we get rid of the "insanity" and make some moves with this money. There's talk of creating all this cap space, but what good is it if we don't bring substantial help from the outside. Please discuss!!!
NO..........Unless there married to Gisele and their name is Tom Brady!!!! :muttley:

1942willys

Reaction score
The time when an NFL player can make top money is very short; usually only five years or so.
so that has to be thought of by the player.

Now I am not talking someone like Dak who already has like $100 million in the bank.
He really has no excuse demanding top dollar even leaving out his playoff failures

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
On THIS team, with OUR players? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! You think any of our divas are going to give up a few bucks just to increase the chance of winning a Super Bowl, a secondary prize?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it smart for these players to take less money, when this team has an issue with spending in free agency? I mean they're saving money to do nothing, can someone please make it make sense??

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
So why do fans get mad at certain players for making too much
We are not mad at the players. Or at least I am not. I do have a problem with players holding out (and that includes Emmitt) because one should honor a contract. But when your whole income relies on your body that is getting crushed every day throughout your whole career then you have to get everything you can out of the system as long as it lasts.

Nah, I'm mad at the FO for dishing out stupid deals and not being able to build a Superbowl winning squad for almost three decades now.

I never held Dak's salary against him. I hold the FO accountable for giving him that stupid contract and hanging on to him even though he has proven time and time again that he can't perform when it really matters.