Should the Cowboys bench Romo to save him for next year?

pastordug

Reaction score
I would say trade him but would be hard to find a team who would take him. Our best option is to play him for 3 quarters and take him out before he has the opportunity to CHOKE.

dstovall5

Reaction score
Yah it's not like we're essentially tied for first in the division, with one of the worst defenses in the NFL, right? I mean it's not like we control our destiny, hell, since the season's already over our whole team should just take the remainder of the year off. I wouldn't want someone like Miles pulling his poor lil hammy, oh the agony that would be to watch.

SJRTX

Reaction score
Might not be able to because of that rediculous contract. Wants more than Brees? Sure why the hell not. Thanks JJ

dstovall5

Reaction score
Bench him to keep him healthy as trade bait maybe.

I don't dislike romo, but I'm getting the feeling that his best years are probably behind him now. Looks like his arm isn't doing what the brain thinks it can.

It took too much of a beating behind Jerry's "good enough" O lines all those years. But that's certainly not his only problem.
And I think he tries to be Peyton or Brady back there, and he simply just isn't.

Actually, I think he gave his best Peyton/Brady imitation today. Peyton sealed his team's fate thursday with a late 4th QTR interception, and Brady did the exact same thing today. Just, you probably haven't heard about it yet because the media wouldn't want you to know they choked in the 4th. Atta' boy Romo!

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
I would say trade him but would be hard to find a team who would take him. Our best option is to play him for 3 quarters and take him out before he has the opportunity to CHOKE.

Or lead the team to another 4th quarter victory. He does that, too.

SJRTX

Reaction score
Actually, I think he gave his best Peyton/Brady imitation today. Peyton sealed his team's fate thursday with a late 4th QTR interception, and Brady did the exact same thing today. Just, you probably haven't heard about it yet because the media wouldn't want you to know they choked in the 4th.

Or... What if they were doing the Romo?

dstovall5

Reaction score
Or... What if they were doing the Romo?

Well, since theirs occurred first, I'm not sure that's possible? I mean it's not like it's known that Manning is a choker under pressure or anything ...

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Yeah....add those to all those play-off games he has won and we have how many Super Bowl rings? ZERO. The guy is nothing more than an average QB.

So a QB is average unless he wins a SB. Interesting.

Yea...not like Brady, Manning or Brees had a team that actually stepped up when they needed it to. When they were having problems getting it done.

Don't worry. Romo will be gone in a few years and then the real misery will begin.

KLJ

Reaction score
i've always backed romo and felt most years this is a 5 win team without him. this is the first time since he became starter that i really wouldn't mind if the cowboys went in a different direction next year even though we all know that is not going to happen.

the scary thing is he just doesn't have any legs anymore and can't improvise like he could in his prime. it's only going to get worse.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Actually, I think he gave his best Peyton/Brady imitation today. Peyton sealed his team's fate thursday with a late 4th QTR interception, and Brady did the exact same thing today. Just, you probably haven't heard about it yet because the media wouldn't want you to know they choked in the 4th. Atta' boy Romo!
You do realize that Peyton Manning is ALREADY in the playoffs right? And the Pats are leading their division by 2 games? You also realize that among the two of them, they've won a ton of super bowls and a ton of playoff games?

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
You do realize that Peyton Manning is ALREADY in the playoffs right? And the Pats are leading their division by 2 games? You also realize that among the two of them, they've won a ton of super bowls and a ton of playoff games?

And that the teams surrounding them and the coaches coaching them are infinitely better? Yea we all realize that.

dstovall5

Reaction score

You do realize both those QBs have had much better teams around them then the P.O.S our QB has had, right? You also realize defense played a huge part in both of those QB's success in obtaining those rings, right? You also realize there's 52 other players on a team, right?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
You do realize both those QBs have had much better teams around them then the P.O.S our QB has had, right? You also realize defense played a huge part in both of those QB's success in obtaining those rings, right? You also realize there's 52 other players on a team, right?

You do realize that Brady went to the super bowl a couple of years ago with one of the worse defenses in the league, including the Giants. On the last several Super Bowls, the QB had to step up to win the game. Romo lovers know nothing about that though.

dstovall5

Reaction score
You do realize that Brady went to the super bowl a couple of years ago with one of the worse defenses in the league, including the Giants. On the last several Super Bowls, the QB had to step up to win the game. Romo lovers know nothing about that though.

And did he win? ... Nope, I thought so. Fact is Brady could only get it done when he had a stellar defense around him, and that's not a knock on him. It just means he plays a spot called Football which is the ultimate team sport and not one single person can overcome poor play from their surrounding cast. At least not consistently in a 4 game stretch or so to win the super bowl.

How anyone expects Romo to carry this team to the playoffs is crazy talk, especially when Brees couldn't even do it in the same situation. If you consider Brees better then Romo, then why would you expect Romo to do something that even a future HoFer couldn't do, it makes no sense.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
And did he win? ... Nope, I thought so. Fact is Brady could only get it done when he had a stellar defense around him, and that's not a knock on him. It just means he plays a spot called Football which is the ultimate team sport and not one single person can overcome poor play from their surrounding cast. At least not consistently in a 4 game stretch or so to win the super bowl.

How anyone expects Romo to carry this team to the playoffs is crazy talk, especially when Brees couldn't even do it in the same situation. If you consider Brees better then Romo, then why would you expect Romo to do something that even a future HoFer couldn't do, it makes no sense.
But he's in position to get it done. When has Romo been in position to do anything?

9darter

Reaction score
No. He should be benched until he's cut, whenever that is.

Draft a first round QB in April.