Should the Cowboys Sign Chris Jones?

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hard to imagine KC not tagging or signing him but he'd be my top priority

wecasa

Reaction score
Jones is gonna want to get paid. Some other team looking to improve with way more cap space will win the bidding war.

b0xZZ

Reaction score
This isn't the US government, they can't just print money. There is no way this team can afford him and I am not convinced a Dak extension gets done. I think for once Jerry might do the right thing and let Dak play out his final year regardless of the cost. Signing him to multiple years and being stuck with his salary for multiple years guarantees this team isn't serious about winning.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I’m all for it but with what money? I doubt they can get him while also giving out record money to lamb, Micah, Dak within the next two years too. Someone is going to have to go.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Why sign him? Does he get tired before playoff games? No? Then what’s his use here?

He’d come here and somehow that “championship mentality” would be lost in this circus

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The idea of landing big name FA's needs to get out of your heads. 1) nobody that's been paying attention is coming here to play for Mike on a lame duck year. There's just too many unknowns. 2) there isn’t enough money to get the top guys. There just isn't. Not while teams like Hou are loaded with cap space and their needle is pointing up. 3) why? Why would you want to come here and end up being the butt of every media show joke come January.

Get ready for some aging tier 3 FAs that are left over after all the decent players are gone.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
SPEAKING FOR EVERYONE: WE can't afford him, lamb, JAK, Micah, and other free agents/our own guys!!! There are other options!!!

LysleE

Reaction score
Now why would a player like Chris Jones want to leave an organization like the Chiefs, who are seemingly in the playoff mix year-after-year with competent ownership and great coaching for the dysfunctional circus of under-achievers that are the Dallas Cowboys?

Kwyn

Reaction score
He’s going to get over 30m per year.

We can’t afford him at this point and I’m not sure we should

slick325

Reaction score
If Chris Jones hits the FA market Dallas should try to find a way to land him. He is an impact player! If the team is going "All In" because they believe they are close and hanging around the rim, Chris Jones is the type of player and leader that may get the team over the hump.