Should the Cowboys Sign Chris Jones?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another Fantasy day at the good old CZ....................Jerry keep doing what you're doing as no matter the results your fans love you!
Now Chris Jones is gonna save us............... :muttley:............who we can't afford.

zerofill

Reaction score
Another Fantasy day at the good old CZ....................Jerry keep doing what you're doing as no matter the results your fans love you!
Now Chris Jones is gonna save us............... :muttley:............who we can't afford.
In Dallas we can extinguish any competitive fire you have. I think they feed our players estrogen.

Big_D

Reaction score
They should've drafted him instead of some guy in wheelchair, but Jerry had to beat everyone to the punch.

quickccc

Reaction score
Jones is gonna want to get paid. Some other team looking to improve with way more cap space will win the bidding war.
Jones would want to be highest paid DT in NFL, which will surpass Aaron Donald who among highest paid players in NFL period.

rambo2

Reaction score
Now why would a player like Chris Jones want to leave an organization like the Chiefs, who are seemingly in the playoff mix year-after-year with competent ownership and great coaching for the dysfunctional circus of under-achievers that are the Dallas Cowboys?
The Cowboys are in the playoff mix year after year. Look at the Star at Frisco.

Jayinem

Reaction score
I’m all for it but with what money? I doubt they can get him while also giving out record money to lamb, Micah, Dak within the next two years too. Someone is going to have to go.

Cowboys restructures​

PlayerRestructure savings
Dak Prescott$21,860,000
Zack Martin$12,592,500
Trevon Diggs$7,900,000
Michael Gallup$4,916,677
Terence Steele$4,900,000
Brandin Cooks$4,526,677
DeMarcus Lawrence$4,395,000
Donovan Wilson$2,916,677
Total$64,007,531

It shows Gallup but he's going to get cut that will save 9 million. They'll have some tough decisions on a few players such as Brandin Cooks (post June 1st cut would save 8 million Tank (post June 1st cut would save 10 million) and Tyron Smith. From what I've read even though they'll pay Lamb it will actually lower his cap hit. So the possibility is there to pay Micah and CeeDee the big bucks and sign a big free agent. Not really the Jerry Jones way though to do that but we'll see.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
HOF talent who is the best in the business. I think his presence would really make a huge difference.
I'm sure he'll totally be affordable .... okay, maybe not. Great player, but I'd doubt they could fit him under the cap and also take care of other areas of need.

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
Unfortunately, we are not just one player away on defense to spend the money that Jones will demand. Rather get a solid DT that is a notch below and use the extra money to grab a tackling machine LB or Safety.

kwcool619

Reaction score
Here is my question: Why would anyone come from a team with a Championship culture and goal to one with an undefined one like we have here?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess no one heard him say he isn't leaving Kansas City and wants to win 3 super bowls in a row.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He isnt seeing the open market. If KC doesnt extend him before the tag deadline they will tag hin