Should the Cowboys start thinking about signing Sam Bradford

KB1122

Reaction score
as a backup?

Or someone like him?

For me, this would be a major vote of confidence. For years, I thought the Cowboys wasted money paying for veteran backup quarterbacks like Kyle Orton or John Kitna. I think in normal seasons, you should just go with a guy like Cooper Rush. If your qb gets injured, you just hand the ball off 42 times for three games and hope you go 2-1. If the starter is out longer than that, you're probably screwed, and you'd rather have the higher draft pick.

The only exception, IMO, would be in seasons where you think you could legitimately win the Super Bowl. Then it might be worth paying the extra amount for a guy with an OK record as a starter. I'm starting to feel that way.

I look around and Bradford, if he has stayed in football shape, seems like a fit. Or maybe there's a player we could trade for.

Ideas?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
as a backup?

Or someone like him?

For me, this would be a major vote of confidence. For years, I thought the Cowboys wasted money paying for veteran backup quarterbacks like Kyle Orton or John Kitna. I think in normal seasons, you should just go with a guy like Cooper Rush. If your qb gets injured, you just hand the ball off 42 times for three games and hope you go 2-1. If the starter is out longer than that, you're probably screwed, and you'd rather have the higher draft pick.

The only exception, IMO, would be in seasons where you think you could legitimately win the Super Bowl. Then it might be worth paying the extra amount for a guy with an OK record as a starter. I'm starting to feel that way.

I look around and Bradford, if he has stayed in football shape, seems like a fit. Or maybe there's a player we could trade for.

Ideas?

Not Bradford, too brittle. Is there a "quality" backup out there? Don't see any that's a sure fire better one than Rush. Some folks here wanted Bridgewater, from yesterday's evidence he's not any better than Rush, though as they noted when he came in he's not played but a very little bit in the last year or two, so he may get better.

I'd just stick with Rush...

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Who knows Kellen Moore's offense better than .... Kellen Moore.

Guy is only 31 years old.

Rayman70

Reaction score
china doll Bradford ? NO. Rush is likely just as good at this point..maybe slightly better.