Should the Cowboys trade for QB Alex Smith?

sean10mm

Reaction score
Alex Smith only looks good as often as he does because of Andy Reid's game plans and play calling. Reid is a playoff choker, but he can get the most out of limited players. Hell, Smith had a good stat line in that loss, but they bailed on the run when they were ahead big and the D folded so whelp.

Alex Smith in the Cowboys scheme would be a disaster. Take away all the misdirection plays and funky formations and such that give him lots of easy yards, and the more talented receiving weapons, and you've got a weaker, probably slower version of Dak running the same plays. You might avoid a few picks but the infrequent downfield shots and designed runs would be worse so at best it would average out.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
dol7wy.jpg

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Alex Smith cost the 49'ers two second round draft picks the first time he was traded. Does anyone believe that the Chiefs will accept the same after his success there? He'll cost at least a first rounder and probably a second. It makes sense for a team that is QB starved because Smith is a known commodity, unlike this years QB's in the draft. We are not QB starved. If anyone wants to compare Smith to Dak, that's fine but we'd better have a Kelce and Hill for Dak to throw to not a TE and WR who are on the downside of their careers.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
I think Dak will end up somewhere between Alex Smith and Eli Manning as far as production long term.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Just getting everyones opinion. Don't think having a QB competition would be the worst thing in Dallas.

Comments?:popcorn:

Think Alex Smith's play action fakes might be better suited for us. Help open up the run game...

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2018/01/chiefs-expected-to-trade-alex-smith

*If* Alex Smith was a free agent, it wouldn't be the worse thing in the world, if he signed a deal reflective of someone competing for starting job. However, Kansas City is going to get a solid draft pick for him, I'm not sure what round, but we aren't talking a conditional 5th or 6th rounder. Then there's the matter of his salary, right now he makes $14.5 million (cap number $20.6 million). That isn't potential back up QB money, and would be the equivalent of 2-3 mid level starters that we *could* add in free agency.

kskboys

Reaction score
Alex Smith will be 35 in May. He has gone out of his way for 13 years to prove that he's not the guy to take you there.

Exactly why the interest in him?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
He has a place here... he sometimes makes me post, due to his immense and astoundingly consistent propensity for saying amazingly stupid things.

And before he says I'm slanderous- look at all the superlatives I included about him!

Or her... me no know.
o_O