Should Von Miller be allowed to play?

GrouchySmurf

Reaction score
Zeke was never even arrested but the Goodell sat him down on the accusation of a proven liar.

Meanwhile, Miller was arrested for alleged domestic abuse against a pregnant woman on Thursday. (Even though he had an arrest warrant since Nov.30)

The league knew about it for two weeks. They never cared about innocent until proven guilty before, so what's the exception here?

jay94

Reaction score
Until a charge is finalized yes. Jerry should be ashamed of himself for giving one of the worst contracts in history, where question marks were large, and his success was mostly derived from the oline.

T-RO

Reaction score
If the League was legit with any kind of moral compass it would paint:
"End Domestic Violence" in its end-zones.

Or better yet: just paint nothing.

That said, I have no opinion on Von Miller as a person until all evidence is in, and verdict rendered. Accusations are just that.

GrouchySmurf

Reaction score
If the League was legit with any kind of moral compass it would paint:
"End Domestic Violence" in its end-zones.

Or better yet: just paint nothing.

That said, I have no opinion on Von Miller as a person until all evidence is in, and verdict rendered. Accusations are just that.
In a sane world, this is the case.

But Goodell long ago decided that mere accusations were all he needed. Zeke wasn't arrested because even police didn't believe the accusation. But he was still suspended by the league.

I'm trying to find out what changed from then to now?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Too bad the macho set at the forum is all defence and no concern shown the victim.
Blimey, bland men, have some empathy.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Too bad the macho set at the forum is all defence and no concern shown the victim.
Blimey, bland men, have some empathy.
Whatever happened to "Innocent until proven guilty?" Do you know for a fact that the woman involved is actually a victim or is she another woman who falsely accuses someone because she didn't get whatever she wanted from him? Pregnancy doesn't automatically give you credibility or morality. This situation happens waaaay too often to accept this one at face value. Don't get me wrong... I am completely against hitting a woman accept in defense of yourself and even more so a pregnant woman. IF he actually did this heinous action then he should be charged and sentenced until his eyes bleed, but until then, he is innocent just as our founding fathers intended.

Flamma

Reaction score
Zeke was never even arrested but the Goodell sat him down on the accusation of a proven liar.

Meanwhile, Miller was arrested for alleged domestic abuse against a pregnant woman on Thursday. (Even though he had an arrest warrant since Nov.30)

The league knew about it for two weeks. They never cared about innocent until proven guilty before, so what's the exception here?
The NFL usually investigates he said she said stuff before handing out suspensions. How long did it take them to give Zeke the suspension he did not deserve? Quite some time. The NFL isn't going to suspend Miller just because some woman claims he hit her. He may have. But they'll probably look into it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Man y’all have to let this Zeke stuff go. Yes it was a mistake and they screwed Zeke over. That doesn’t mean everyone else should be screwed over as well.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Absolutely not. Hitting a pregnant is just about as awful as it gets. He is trash of a human…

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
We have seen accusations don't always lead to convictions.
Yes, but the point of this thread is that Zeke was suspended even though he was never arrested and a case never filed. Miller, on the other hand, is still active after both happened to him. It makes me wonder why Zeke was really suspended back in 2017. Were there other things going on that contributed to the NFL's decision. Who knows, but to be honest, I really don't care any longer as it was 6 years ago and Zeke isn't on the team any more.

Cmac

Reaction score
Until a charge is finalized yes. Jerry should be ashamed of himself for giving one of the worst contracts in history, where question marks were large, and his success was mostly derived from the oline.
Is this really a cheap shot at Zeke? Really?