Should Von Miller be allowed to play?

rags747

Reaction score
The woman in question has since stated that nothing ever happened. Just sayin…

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Zeke was never even arrested but the Goodell sat him down on the accusation of a proven liar.

Meanwhile, Miller was arrested for alleged domestic abuse against a pregnant woman on Thursday. (Even though he had an arrest warrant since Nov.30)

The league knew about it for two weeks. They never cared about innocent until proven guilty before, so what's the exception here?
one was suspended to teach an owner who went against him a lesson. the other...he doesn't care.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Yes, but the point of this thread is that Zeke was suspended even though he was never arrested and a case never filed. Miller, on the other hand, is still active after both happened to him. It makes me wonder why Zeke was really suspended back in 2017. Were there other things going on that contributed to the NFL's decision. Who knows, but to be honest, I really don't care any longer as it was 6 years ago and Zeke isn't on the team any more.
I can't remember the details from Zeke's case. Perhaps it was an overreach.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke was never even arrested but the Goodell sat him down on the accusation of a proven liar.

Meanwhile, Miller was arrested for alleged domestic abuse against a pregnant woman on Thursday. (Even though he had an arrest warrant since Nov.30)

The league knew about it for two weeks. They never cared about innocent until proven guilty before, so what's the exception here?
First of all when is Roger Goodell ever been even or done anything that seems consistent? Secondly I believe she recanted didn't she? I mean the state can still push to try to get a grand jury to push forward on this but until that happens they usually don't sit at player you remember it took about a year for zeke's suspension that happened after they did the investigation and yes the investigation led to the conclusion that zeke didn't do anything he shouldn't be suspending yet he gets the worst suspension for this type of accusation without credibility then anyone before or after him he literally was being made as an example...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke - never arrested. Suspended

Von- arrested. Playing
well I'm not defending any of it Roger goodell's always been annoying at his consistency with penalties but with zeke it took them about a year of investigating before they suspended him yes the suspension was bogus but right now I think that they usually allow some time for the investigation to happen and see what happens with the court system before they make a decision so right now he can play it's just like when you're out on bail you're allowed to work and live your life until a conviction happens or not and even then most people don't lose their jobs... How most of the world doesn't know about these things with normal Joe's but if we get arrested or we have problems it doesn't make the news it our employers probably don't even find out about it if you're really good at hiding things...

The only reason we're having this discussion is this this guy is a very popular player in a very public popular sport or we wouldn't even know about it.... So I don't think we are in a position to be judging this guy the court of public opinion doesn't work the process has to play out and I believe it will but yes we all realize zeke got jobbed.. Literally cost him a shot probably at the Hall of Fame even though he didn't play long enough at a high enough level he has the numbers to be considered for the Hall of Fame but that year he was suspended I guarantee he would have also got the rushing crown to have three rushing crowns in a row right out of college playing as well as he did those first three years I think that he would have got stronger consideration down the road and would have been thought of a little differently had he not got that suspension and able to get that crown...

People don't realize 3 rushing titles to start your career or even to have in your career it's almost unheard of only the best have done that and zeke literally got robbed of that opportunity because of Roger Goodell so yeah don't count on anything being consistent...

Kevinicus

Reaction score

The legal process was complete in Zeke's case, before the league imposed any suspension. The league is supposed to wait until that is over before they take action.

lopey

Reaction score
There is no ryhme or reason to what Goodel does when it comes to discipline. He is not consistently foling out the same punishment. Zeke was never arrested yet he had to sit 6 games snd he was never arrested.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Until a charge is finalized yes. Jerry should be ashamed of himself for giving one of the worst contracts in history, where question marks were large, and his success was mostly derived from the oline.
What does the last part have to do with Miller?
Just want to talk hate about Zeke? Maybe Zeke made the OL work better. But can't lead the blind in some cases.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
If the Bills were playing the Eagles everyone on this board would say,"Innocent until proven quility"...

GrouchySmurf

Reaction score
Yes, but the point of this thread is that Zeke was suspended even though he was never arrested and a case never filed. Miller, on the other hand, is still active after both happened to him. It makes me wonder why Zeke was really suspended back in 2017. Were there other things going on that contributed to the NFL's decision. Who knows, but to be honest, I really don't care any longer as it was 6 years ago and Zeke isn't on the team any more.
THANK YOU!
It's like they're purposely missing the point.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Until a charge is finalized yes. Jerry should be ashamed of himself for giving one of the worst contracts in history, where question marks were large, and his success was mostly derived from the oline.
Just like Emmitt, right? smh

GrouchySmurf

Reaction score
The legal process was complete in Zeke's case, before the league imposed any suspension. The league is supposed to wait until that is over before they take action.
He was never arrested. What legal process? There wasn't a court case or anything.

There was no process at all, except for Judge Goodell (against the findings of his own people) handing out sentencing.

They would've suspended him sooner, but he fought back against it. THAT's why it took a year.

Praxit

Reaction score
..he's not playing. That was major infraction for NFL.

lopey

Reaction score
He was never arrested. What legal process? There wasn't a court case or anything.

There was no process at all, except for Judge Goodell (against the findings of his own people) handing out sentencing.

They would've suspended him sooner, but he fought back against it. THAT's why it took a year.
Other leagues suspend arrested players with pay until their investigations are completed. Its a joke

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Whatever happened to "Innocent until proven guilty?" Do you know for a fact that the woman involved is actually a victim or is she another woman who falsely accuses someone because she didn't get whatever she wanted from him? Pregnancy doesn't automatically give you credibility or morality. This situation happens waaaay too often to accept this one at face value. Don't get me wrong... I am completely against hitting a woman accept in defense of yourself and even more so a pregnant woman. IF he actually did this heinous action then he should be charged and sentenced until his eyes bleed, but until then, he is innocent just as our founding fathers intended.
Yes, let us all assume she's lying and the man is innocent.