Should we consider QB in this years draft

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If there's a guy there, that's good. You should always take him. We could trade the guy later for even more value, if you don't need him.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
I think they have to look at Lance who they used this years 4 on as their QB they drafted. He has a lot of ability.
I guess you see ability where SF did not. Maybe you should be a Pro scout.. What u smonin?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'm not against it, but I think it goes back to the idea that if you're moving on from Dak, just move on already. The Cowboys have put themselves in a position where they really have to hit on that 1st round pick. Going QB there in addition to basically passing on the first month of free agency doesn't give you a realistic chance at being better in 2024.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The Cowboys are looking at Lance as the QB they would have taken this year. In hindsight this team has so many other holes I would rather they have that 4th round pick now.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
If the plan is to let Dak play out his contract this year, and move on next year, should we consider a QB in this draft? what if Pennix or Nix is there? or continue to develop Lance, or draft one next year? you thoughts
I’m all in on drafting Michael Penix in the first. Make it a real QB competition and put both DAK and Lance on notice

That way if DAK does leave in FA Cowboys have 2 QB on the roster

mcmvp

Reaction score
The Cowboys are looking at Lance as the QB they would have taken this year. In hindsight this team has so many other holes I would rather they have that 4th round pick now.
This is not a forgone conclusion. They had all season last year to see what Lance was in practices. They may have seen enough by now to have reached the same conclusion that SF did. This is easily just as likely as them liking his development…if not more likely

leeblair

Reaction score
If the plan is to let Dak play out his contract this year, and move on next year, should we consider a QB in this draft? what if Pennix or Nix is there? or continue to develop Lance, or draft one next year? you thoughts
Yes. It's time to get serious about finding a real quarterback.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
if they are serious about letting Dak walk, then yes. that means there is Lance, Rush, Dak and Rookie. who is out? most probably Rush.