Should we focus more on signing our own guys, or FA?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Of course you want to get Micah and Lamb locked up, DAK taken care of. We've been known to focus more on our own guys instead of FA, I'd like to see us focus a little harder on signing outside players and have an actual plan to get the right players of need where we suffered at this past season. Please give your thoughts

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
We should go on a cruise the opening week of free agency. Once back, we complain about players wanting money, leak some negative stories about them, and then unnecessarily re-sign a player we were criticized for taking in the first place.

Once we get to the draft, jam our faces in front of any camera we see. Draft a 2nd round guy in the 1st, and then tell the media how the 49ers or Chiefs really wanted the guy we just drafted.

Kwyn

Reaction score
We should go on a cruise the opening week of free agency. Once back, we complain about players wanting money, leak some negative stories about them, and then unnecessarily re-sign a player we were criticized for taking in the first place.

Once we get to the draft, jam our faces in front of any camera we see. Draft a 2nd round guy in the 1st, and then tell the media how the 49ers or Chiefs really wanted the guy we just drafted.
Whose on your list?

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
OK...Jerry... :laugh: unlike JerryI don't like most of our guys....Free agent please....

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We only have 16 FA’s. All unrestricted.
when we usually had 22 to 30. They typically signed almost half of them, a few times more than half. But was that out of necessity to fill a roster with players with experience instead of have 15 rookies.

I still expect them to sign about 8 of our own. I don’t think they will sign anymore FA”s from other teams than normal as well, but they may have to this time. And we only have what, 6 drafts picks. That leaves room for more outside FA”s,
Expect more of these stupid one year deals.
So that leaves a lot more Undrafted FA”s for TC.

I don’t see them releasing a lot of players for cap reasons though many fans want several gone. Depending what the cap number is.
Don’t expect a big roster turnover. And that is not because. .. they like their guys … mantra, it is because they may not have much of a choice. Without affecting a major roster change.

16 players with 6 draft picks, and say 8 resign, and 3 to 5 FA”s. Then more as they need to get to 90 players for TC.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Of course you want to get Micah and Lamb locked up, DAK taken care of. We've been known to focus more on our own guys instead of FA, I'd like to see us focus a little harder on signing outside players and have an actual plan to get the right players of need where we suffered at this past season. Please give your thoughts
lol coogi all the things that matter were already not done,
So the rest of it does not matter now.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jerry likes where we are at, I said we, but we dont have any say or input lol, only jerry.
We just have to wait and see what JERRY focuses on. Doesnt matter though team will be same next season.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm only signing our guys. We drafted them so now it's like a marriage. We have to love and support them all until retirement do us part or we're not real fans.

Brax

Reaction score

I’m not for signing any and dumping some current players. It’s one year or bust so you play with what you can afford and look at all the options at the end of the season

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It seems like Coog can put all these thoughts into one thread…….:muttley:
It would be one LONG thread. He must have a lot of time on his hands. He’s slowing down a little he’s only got two threads going on the front page today. There were 4 or 5 the other day. They should create a zone just for him and his thoughts.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Free agency would be good. Let's get some new blood flowing in here.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After 28 years, I would rather lose with new players than lose with the same players we already lost with, especially if it means paying them even more than they made when they helped the Cowboys lose.

At least adding new players provides hope and optimism.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
lol coogi all the things that matter were already not done,
So the rest of it does not matter now.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jerry likes where we are at, I said we, but we dont have any say or input lol, only jerry.
We just have to wait and see what JERRY focuses on. Doesnt matter though team will be same next season.
you're right

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
After 28 years, I would rather lose with new players than lose with the same players we already lost with, especially if it means paying them even more than they made when they helped the Cowboys lose.

Seriously, this it the post of your Mod-ship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They're scared of change, why keep putting the same product out there? People are scared we won't win 12 games again, ok maybe maybe not, but it's time to add talent to this team, or get some good competition going let them fight it out

Ken

Reaction score
IMO, if we want more of the same...then we should bring back most of these FAs.

I want dew of them back personally.

Aven8

Reaction score

Well said. If you could just convince Stephen of this now…..