Should we place Zeke on IR?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Elliott is injured and is still a better RB, Pollard is nice in space but inside is not productive.
Signing a FB just to block is idiotic.

Im sorry but you’re a lost cause on this topic and you overrate what Zeke is doing and underrate what Pollard is doing.

Zeke isn’t some great tough runner right now. He’s a waste of a play.

Yes he can block but more than half the time they check for a blitz and go on a route anyways.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Im sorry but you’re a lost cause on this topic and you overrate what Zeke is doing and underrate what Pollard is doing.

Yes he can block but more than half the time they check for a blitz and go on a route anyways.
I couldn't possibly care less what you think of me. Don't like my opinion? Don't respond.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
There's not a need to place Zeke on IR with the practice squad callup rules. I think you evaluate him week to week with the intent of not playing him December 12th. That will give him 17 days rest until the next game. If still not healthy give him another week with a December 26th return. That would give 24 days rest. If we placed him on IR he would miss a minimum of 3 games. Maybe that's ultimately what he needs, but good to have earlier return options knowing you have practice squad spots to full short term needs.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I don’t think Zeke needs to go on IR.

but he needs a rest. He needs to get healthy.

I’m hoping this “mini bye” helps.

but he just isn’t healthy.

Zeke was explosive and playing great earlier this year. It’s not his conditioning. It’s the knee
I honestly would have sat him vs. the Saints. Get Pollard all but a couple of touches.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm a fan of both and understand that we need both, don't be a dick.

Hey I’m all for saying we need Zeke because I do think their is a role for him that looks something like 2007 Marion Barbers role on this team.

The problem is our other guy is way better than him with the ball in his hands and until offensive momentum is built or it’s 3rd and long Zeke doesn’t need to be on the field over Pollard.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Elliott is injured and is still a better RB, Pollard is nice in space but inside is not productive.
Signing a FB just to block is idiotic.

And yet Pollard runs productively inside, in fact a number of his longer runs comes between the tackles.

You’re just regurgitating the old scat back trope.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don’t think Zeke needs to go on IR.

but he needs a rest. He needs to get healthy.

I’m hoping this “mini bye” helps.

but he just isn’t healthy.

Zeke was explosive and playing great earlier this year. It’s not his conditioning. It’s the knee
for sure..just limit his snaps game to game..if he needs true break the last 2 games we can do it to have him fresh for the playoffs.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
And yet Pollard runs productively inside, in fact a number of his longer runs comes between the tackles.

This was true 4+ weeks ago when the OL was opening holes. Neither back is being particularly productive as of late.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Handing the ball the Zeke at this point is a wasted play. Its been like that for 6 weeks. Once again the Cowboys are unprepared. They should have a REAL #3 RB, not some scrub.

They should utilize Clement. Why is he on the team? Zeke looks awful, limping, jumping and falling. When healthy, he is what I want to see. Hurt, he looks worse than Gurley.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Pollard is like top 3 or something in yards after contact lol. But people act like he is some frail little guy.

He’s 6’0 215 pounds lol. No he doesn’t finish runs like Zeke but who cares. Neither does McCaffrey, Kamara, or Saquon Barkley but they are still awesome football players and Pollard is like those guys but with fresh legs.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This was true 4+ weeks ago when the OL was opening holes. Neither back is being particularly productive as of late.

Pollard is a homerun hitter.

If you give him more at bats he will hit more home runs.

Zeke is a single and a doubles hitter. Mostly singles or getting thrown out hobbling to
First lately.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Pretty sure I said "in space." I was crediting him for that ability.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Why not use Clement? He and Pollard can carry the team while Zeke is rehabilitating.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Pollard is a homerun hitter.

If you give him more at bats he will hit more home runs.

Zeke is a single and a doubles hitter. Mostly singles or getting thrown out hobbling to
First lately.

I agree with the anology, but not necessarily that it is wise to just feed him more. The running game as a whole is broken right now, and to me the order of reason for that is follows:

• OL Play
  • Play Calling/Situation/Checking
  • Zeke Health
  • Pollard touches

Defintely give Pollard more touches, but until the first two are resolved, I'm not getting enough men on base. I need runs, not just home runs.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Hadn't really thought this far but it makes sense.......sign a free agent or another RB off a PS

Yes. He is hurting the team at this point.

But I don't blame Zeke. I blame the coaching staff (or Jerry) for not putting the best players on the field.

What happened to just win baby? Zeke is providing this team absolutely no value right now.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Zeke doesn't look 100% lately, but no to IR. If he needs to sit a game (or even two) so be it, but I don't think we would need to put him on IR. If he misses our next game that's like 16 days off.

conner01

Reaction score
I agree with the anology, but not necessarily that it is wise to just feed him more. The running game as a whole is broken right now, and to me the order of reason for that is follows:

• OL Play
  • Play Calling/Situation/Checking
  • Zeke Health
  • Pollard touches

Defintely give Pollard more touches, but until the first two are resolved, I'm not getting enough men on base. I need runs, not just home runs.
Other than the big run pollard didn’t have much last night
The oline is not opening holes and we keep pounding it in the middle
We need more runs on the edges
The new rule really helps edge runs and we have an athletic oline
They just aren’t over powering inside