Should we place Zeke on IR?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They should utilize Clement. Why is he on the team? Zeke looks awful, limping, jumping and falling. When healthy, he is what I want to see. Hurt, he looks worse than Gurley.

Clement sucks. I have no idea why he is on the team.

Cmac

Reaction score
Hasn't Zeke earned the team's right to take his uniform & helmet, to rest and get healthy, for the stretch run? This is hinging on malfeasance by the franchise. You have TPollard.....sometimes you have to save the player for his own good, and I'm a Zeke fan. And we're a pass happy team with KMoore.....what's the problem sitting Zeke to rest and get HEALTHIER? Baffling!

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Elliott and Collins are not starter talent any more. Time to move on. Just like it was with Jaylon Smith and LVE.

Elliott did all he could in the off-season because he knew his job was in danger. He just doesn’t have it any more. Take the cap hit next year. Chances are there are over 20-30 RBs in the draft who will be better.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Pollard is a homerun hitter.

If you give him more at bats he will hit more home runs.

Zeke is a single and a doubles hitter. Mostly singles or getting thrown out hobbling to
First lately.

+20 yard rush plays last 2 years

Zeke 5
Pollard 8

attempts

Zeke 417
Pollard 208

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Gonna say no....because he seems like the type of guy that would run off on a bender...and show up 4 weeks later....50lbs heavier. He needs that conformity in his life to stay out of trouble.

stuckindc

Reaction score
No, if this team had any smarts they would have sat Zeke against the Saints and let him rest the extra 12 days until the Washington game.
Not just the Saints game but the raiders as well..been saying it in multiple threads..would have been close to a month of rest and healing time..then we could have run Pollard in the first half of games then battered them with a healthy Zeke in the second half..but of course, we decide to run Zeke into the ground ...player management is apparently not one of our strong suits...amongst others..to late now..

Daillest88

Reaction score
Zeke doesn't look 100% lately, but no to IR. If he needs to sit a game (or even two) so be it, but I don't think we would need to put him on IR. If he misses our next game that's like 16 days off.
Zeke look like he’s about 50-60% anyone seen him run full speed in the saints game while running on smith’s side? He had an obvious limp. Playing him the last couple games has been stupid.

stuckindc

Reaction score
And who replaces him? Pollard ain't that guy.
Really?!..what makes you think that?..the fact that he's a threat to break one ,every time he touches the ball..and Defense have to account for him when he's in the game?..or keep an injured Zeke in that cant get to the edge or run inside...I'm sure defenses are shocking in their boots when He's on the field...Zeke is one less threat to the defense..while injured..

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hadn't really thought this far but it makes sense.......sign a free agent or another RB off a PS

Why IR? Why not just reduce his snaps significantly.

Putting him on IR means he would not be available if Pollard had an injury.

I'm definitely in favor of Pollard getting more snaps than Zeke.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Elliott is injured and is still a better RB, Pollard is nice in space but inside is not productive.
Signing a FB just to block is idiotic.

Signing a RB for 15 million dollars to block is idiotic.

Zeke between the tackles sucks too.

With Pollard the opportunity for a big play always exists with every carry. With Zeke. You might squeeze an extra yard out of it if you’re lucky.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I remember Emmitt going extra miles to secure the Dallas playoff birth...and even before their flight in the playoffs. You go Zeke...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im sorry but you’re a lost cause on this topic and you overrate what Zeke is doing and underrate what Pollard is doing.

Zeke isn’t some great tough runner right now. He’s a waste of a play.

Yes he can block but more than half the time they check for a blitz and go on a route anyways.

Pollard's average on inside runs has been better than Zeke's in the past 3 games.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Why IR? Why not just reduce his snaps significantly.

Putting him on IR means he would not be available if Pollard had an injury.

I'm definitely in favor of Pollard getting more snaps than Zeke.

Dallas has a problem with players like this and always have. They have no problem playing Jason Witten over guys who are better than him because of status and ego. They will hurt the team to stroke individual players ego.

So I’m for IR’ing him to force their hand but it would be nice if Dallas could do what you say for the greater good. They just can’t though. It’s not their style.

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Pollard's average on inside runs has been better than Zeke's in the past 3 games.

I figured it was but I don’t know a source for advanced analytics like this but so many still can’t get past there original opinion of Pollard. Even when he is better between the tackles like you said and is elite when it comes to yards after contact.

I don’t want him banging heads with guys for 20 carries a week. Zeke still needs to play when defenses have been loosened up but not playing Pollard more is just beyond idiotic.

Him getting the ball in space needs to be a priority. Lamb too.