Should we trade for RG3?

joseephuss

Reaction score
Maybe they will bring Marc Bulger out of retirement. He played for Linehan.

I've heard T.J. Yates often compared to Romo. He has some experience.

DTown214

Reaction score
It's gonna be hilarious watching Skip Bayless plead for us to sign Tebow tomorrow on First Take.

As far as RG3 goes... Washington would never give him to us. They're sitting at 1-1 after beating a good St. Louis team. It's still too early to tell but the Giants and Eagles look like they've already imploded, and Dallas lost their two best players... why in the world would Washington try to help us in any way?

vaturkey

Reaction score
I'd give a conditional 4th for him, but that is only if he plays 98 % of the snaps this year. If not 98% then the conditional 4th becomes a 6th.

sacase

Reaction score
No one is going to trade for RGIII his contract is going to prevent that. I would love to take a flyer on him, but that salary makes it impossible. He would be stupid to renegotiate his contract as his money is locked in for this year, so that isn't going to happen either. Only way we see RG3 playing for us is if he gets cut and you best believe danny boy won't cut him just in case we try to grab him. He hates us with a passion. LOL

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I know what im getting myself into by posting this, however, if we can swing it financially, would any one be opposed to this move? Behind this O-Line, he could do some serious damage in my opinion. It may be the fact i may have over drank, but come on its not fun to think about?

GIF-Haha-No-No-way-Nix-Never-GIF.gif

KB1122

Reaction score
Yes, maybe. It's one of the few rational moves right now. Especially now that Manziel is getting his act together.

Are Weeden and Moore really better than Tebow?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
OK OK, i was a little tipsy when i posted that whoops. I thought he was a FA next season to be honest.

Even if he wasnt a FA, it would take us receiving each divisional teams 1st round picks next year to consider tradeing for RG3

_sturt_

Reaction score
I have two ideas.

First, that maybe Brett Favre would consider putting off his HoF induction if Jerry, salesman that he is, gave him a call.

And if you don't like that one, how about this other since we do have a recent history of bringing former Cowboy QBs back out of retirement...

That is, how about signing up Garrett to be the NFL's first player-coach?

(hehe)

More seriously... I haven't yet read this thread, but there's just got to be a practice squad player out there awaiting us... Karma owes us from years ago losing Matt Moore... some GM has someone they're hoping to God tonight we will overlook...

Who is that guy?

joseephuss

Reaction score
I have two ideas.

First, that maybe Brett Favre would consider putting off his HoF induction if Jerry, salesman that he is, gave him a call.

And if you don't like that one, how about this other since we do have a recent history of bringing former Cowboy QBs back out of retirement...

That is, how about signing up Garrett to be the NFL's first player-coach?

(hehe)

More seriously... I haven't yet read this thread, but there's just got to be a practice squad player out there awaiting us... Karma owes us from years ago losing Matt Moore... some GM has someone they're hoping to God tonight we will overlook...

Who is that guy?

Haven't there been player-coaches in the NFL past?

_sturt_

Reaction score
Just back from Google.... all I find is that some guy named Thomas Wade Landry served as an Assistant Coach and player for the Giants during the 1954 and 1955 seasons.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Just back from Google.... all I find is that some guy named Thomas Wade Landry served as an Assistant Coach and player for the Giants during the 1954 and 1955 seasons.

I knew Landry did it as an assistant coach. George Halas did it as head coach according to Wikipedia. I had a feeling somebody did it back in the early days of the NFL.

links18

Reaction score
Commanders are second place in the division with a sorry Eagles team, boneheaded Giants team and the Cowboys without their #1 QB and WR--they aren't going to trade us anyone, unless its to sabotage us, so yeah, they might give us RGIII for cheap.