Showing our hand on ESPN

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
acheman said:
Actually that is what Dr. Z wrote in his mock draft for SI, not sure if both he and Salisbury said this, but I KNOW for a FACT that Dr. Z wrote this. Thought you might have your sources confused, that or this is total propoganda using the media. I have never understood why other GM's just don't read the stuff on other teams web-sites and local papers, as that is where you get the most accurate gauge of team needs and wants.

http://dallascowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54334

No. 18 COWBOYS: I gave them SANTONIO HOLMES, WR, OHIO STATE, only because when I talked to someone in the organization he asked me, ever so gently, "Where do you have Holmes going?" That, to me, is always the tip-off. When they ask that, give the guy to them, slam dunk, no questions asked. Now I have second thoughts. Why do they need another receiver after they got Terrell Owens? Beats me. If I had it to do over again, I'd give them Bunkley or one of the linebackers, or maybe even Nick Mangold, the center.

Now I'm really scared. I didn't get my source confused. It was salisbury, and I've never see that Dr Z thing until you posted it. I hope to God that Salisbury just "made that story his own" and the cowboys weren't asking 2 seperate sources.

Also the fact that the Jerry came out and said.........."We will not take any WR with our first pick............scares me too.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH said:
Mississippi, Chattanooga, Houston, Tulsa, University of Central Florida, UTEP, East Carolina, UAB, Tennessee, Southern Miss, Marshall and Akron. Any of those teams scare you? That's who Williams played to get his 1900 yards.

White had a tougher schedule and was splitting time with the Heisman Trophy winner. He gained 1300 yards on 197 carries, whilte Williams got his 1900 yards on 309 carries. Had White carried the entire load for USC and carried the ball the same amout as Williams, he would've rushed for more yards than Williams.

Don't go by yards alone. White also rushed for more TDs (24 to 18) than Williams and also caught the ball out of the backfield for over 200 yards. Williams had 12 catches for 78 yards.

Don't get me wrong. I think Williams will have a good career, but I think White is the better back.

I agree. That being said, if he doesn't improve his work ethic, he will be no better than William Green at the NFL level.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
They aren't taking a WR in the 1st ... noway.

But there are some teams up ahead of us like Miami and Philly that could go WR or LB. If one of those teams go with Holmes it leaves one more OLB on the board when we pick, that's what I would read into it if it in fact means anything at all.