News: SI: Cowboys Next Roster Moves: New FA RB Ronald Jones & DT A'Shawn Robinson?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Link

2) A Cowboys source tells CowboysSI.com that examining interior D-linemen is next on the "things to do'' list. We know the return of Johnathan Hankins is a desire, and as we wrote last week, Carlos Watkins might return as well. But would long-time Ravens standout Calais Campbell be an upgrade? Or, just as Dallas is looking at local guys like Ronald Jones (of McKinney and USC), shouldn't the Cowboys also meet with 6-4, 320-pound defensive tackle A'Shawn Robinson (of Fort Worth and Alabama)?

We think two more moves are coming - surely in the category "calculatingly aggressive'' ... as Cowboys Nation hopes for a Week 2 of business at The Star that is as fruitful as Week 1.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Link

2) A Cowboys source tells CowboysSI.com that examining interior D-linemen is next on the "things to do'' list. We know the return of Johnathan Hankins is a desire, and as we wrote last week, Carlos Watkins might return as well. But would long-time Ravens standout Calais Campbell be an upgrade? Or, just as Dallas is looking at local guys like Ronald Jones (of McKinney and USC), shouldn't the Cowboys also meet with 6-4, 320-pound defensive tackle A'Shawn Robinson (of Fort Worth and Alabama)?

We think two more moves are coming - surely in the category "calculatingly aggressive'' ... as Cowboys Nation hopes for a Week 2 of business at The Star that is as fruitful as Week 1.
Robinson is my dream. Watkins will be my reality.

Sydla

Reaction score
Headline is a bit misleading, right? Cowboys haven't been linked to Robinson it's just Fish seemingly claiming they should be in on him.

I hope Fish knows something most don't.

quickccc

Reaction score
I think Robinson still wants to get paid. Probably more than Hankins and Watkins combined.

I was wondering who is the better of the two Hankins vs Robinson as 1 techs, ..and which will end up being the cheapest to sign (or re-sign?) ..for Cap Boy Stephen Jones.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Watkins isn’t the guy we pray for but he was pretty productive last year for a rotational guy.

Bringing him back isn’t the answer but certainly is a plus

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score

Rumor out of the ether is that Fowler is the only outstanding contract offer. Hankins may get a 1 year offer at a later date but Cowboys focused on upgrade.

I personally wanted Hankins back but the more I look at his career stats the more he looks like a washed player. Drastic drop in production the last two seasons.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Rumor out of the ether is that Fowler is the only outstanding contract offer. Hankins may get a 1 year offer at a later date but Cowboys focused on upgrade.

I personally wanted Hankins back but the more I look at his career stats the more he looks like a washed player. Drastic drop in production the last two seasons.
You can’t judge a 1Tech by his stats. Their stats are irrelevant if they are doing their job.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
You can’t judge a 1Tech by his stats. Their stats are irrelevant if they are doing their job.

That’s true but his tackles and stuffs are way down the past couple years. I thought he looked ok here while healthy but there’s no doubt we can improve at that position.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
People were complaining how Zeke is no longer a 1,000+ rusher, thus glad he is gone, but now want to sign Roland Jones even though he only rushed for 70 yards all of last year?

SMH