News: SI: Cowboys Next Roster Moves: New FA RB Ronald Jones & DT A'Shawn Robinson?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How has Robinson been playing? All I remember was when he came out of Bama. Honest question. Is he worth Hankins+Watkins?
I’ll admit to not following him all that closely. But personally I’d rather have both Hankins and Watkins over just Robinson alone.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Link

2) A Cowboys source tells CowboysSI.com that examining interior D-linemen is next on the "things to do'' list. We know the return of Johnathan Hankins is a desire, and as we wrote last week, Carlos Watkins might return as well. But would long-time Ravens standout Calais Campbell be an upgrade? Or, just as Dallas is looking at local guys like Ronald Jones (of McKinney and USC), shouldn't the Cowboys also meet with 6-4, 320-pound defensive tackle A'Shawn Robinson (of Fort Worth and Alabama)?

We think two more moves are coming - surely in the category "calculatingly aggressive'' ... as Cowboys Nation hopes for a Week 2 of business at The Star that is as fruitful as Week 1.
Robinson please and thank you

Sydla

Reaction score
People were complaining how Zeke is no longer a 1,000+ rusher, thus glad he is gone, but now want to sign Roland Jones even though he only rushed for 70 yards all of last year?

SMH
One, he’d be a backup/insurance guy.

Two, he’s gonna cost a fraction of what Elliott was.

This ain’t hard.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
One, he’d be a backup/insurance guy.

Two, he’s gonna cost a fraction of what Elliott was.

This ain’t hard.
So you prefer a 70 yard season rusher just because he's cost cheap? Some people prefer losing as long as it's cost effective.

This ain't hard.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Don’t put too much into it but fisher also says he was told the cowboys are still interested in wagner…now whether or not that means an actual offer? Probably not but who knows

ghst187

Reaction score
Rumor out of the ether is that Fowler is the only outstanding contract offer. Hankins may get a 1 year offer at a later date but Cowboys focused on upgrade.

I personally wanted Hankins back but the more I look at his career stats the more he looks like a washed player. Drastic drop in production the last two seasons.
Maybe true but he was a difference maker for us. He still pushed the pocket, forced a double, and found the runners. Teams def couldn’t single him or he’d make a play. He’s no game wrecker but he def made us better and it was really apparent when he got injured. So if him fine, if Robinson…even better..IDC but as long as we get someone proven at that spot.

Sydla

Reaction score
So you prefer a 70 yard season rusher just because he's cost cheap? Some people prefer losing as long as it's cost effective.

This ain't hard.
They would be taking a low cost risk here.

To bring up Elliott when talking Jones is just peculiar.

The issue with Elliott was largely contract vs his play.

Mannix

Reaction score
Ronald Jones is a big El Passo to me....we need a big back....you know , like Zeke.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FYI……Ronald Jones sucks.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Not much left in free agency so Jones might be the RB we can get. At DT either Poona Ford or A'Shawn Robinson need to be signed.